Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Total War: Shogun 2 free to keep on Steam until 1st of May

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
The last good historical Total War (unless you count FOTS separately) for free.

Thank you Corona-chan!

FAQ
When will Total War: SHOGUN 2 free-to-keep be available?
You can download and keep Total War: SHOGUN 2 for free from Monday the 27th of April 2020 from 18:00 BST until the Friday the 1st of May 2020 at 18:00 BST. If you download the game for free during that time, it is yours to keep.

Why are we giving away Total War: SHOGUN 2 for free?
The past few weeks have presented unimaginable challenges for many of us, but the remarkable collective effort being made by the global community to overcome this moment of adversity has been truly inspirational.

With this in mind, we want to continue to encourage you all to stay home and save lives by extending a gift to everyone to help make this difficult situation a little bit easier.

Everyone at Creative Assembly is now working from home, and we hope that this will help everyone with that stay home mission – #StayHomeSaveLives.

When is the Total War sale?
The Total War sale will run from the Monday the 27th of April at 18:00 BST until Monday the 4th of May at 18:00 BST.

Which games will be included in the sale?
The sale includes selected historical Total War games and DLC.

Please note that the Total War: THREE KINGDOMS and ROME: Total War main games and DLC packs are not included in this sale, while Total War: WARHAMMER games are also not included.

At the end of the Total War: SHOGUN 2 free-to-keep giveaway (after 18:00 BST on Friday the 1st of May 2020), Total War: SHOGUN 2 will be added to the sale at 75% off.

Where can I find all the Total War games that are in the sale?
You can find all the deals for this sale here once the sale is live at 18:00 BST.

What if I already own some Total War: SHOGUN 2 DLC packs?
If you purchase the Total War: SHOGUN 2 DLC Collection and already own one or more of the included DLC packs, the price you pay will be adjusted automatically to offset the cost of those DLCs.

The Total War: SHOGUN 2 DLC Collection is priced to give 75% off all included DLC packs.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
DLC rundown:
Rise - Don't bother
Fall - Very good if you like GUNZ
Saints and Heroes - Pointless (The units are too small to make a difference and by the time you get them the game is long over)
Blood - Too extreme, makes the game look like a Tarantino movie
Otomo - Interesting but very hard start position
Ikko - Okay faction but nothing special
Hattori - Meh, literally no gimmick other than their units can climb better
Sengoku Jidai Units - Range from useless to HOLY SHIT IMBA

(Reminder that you can unlock all DLC easily enough for free.)

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
shogun 2 is the best total war of this decade.

For art style and period alone. But even more, it was the last total war game that didn't have invincible amazon women, overpowered hero units or flying dragon cavalry.

If current total war was a television channel, it would be the history channel. :smug:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

For art style and period alone. But even more, it was the last total war game that didn't have invincible amazon women, overpowered hero units or flying dragon cavalry.

If current total war was a television channel, it would be the history channel. :smug:

Lmao

https://totalwar.fandom.com/wiki/Warrior_Nuns
https://totalwar.fandom.com/wiki/Gozen’s_Hime_Heroines

The rot had set in even back then.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane

Lmao

https://totalwar.fandom.com/wiki/Warrior_Nuns
https://totalwar.fandom.com/wiki/Gozen’s_Hime_Heroines

The rot had set in even back then.

Hot damn. I only have the base game, so the heroine ninja nuns didn't affect my gameplay. Guess I wasn't DLC-woke enough.

When trained by the Date Clan, Warrior Nuns have +2 charge bonus

proxy-image

Go get 'em, girls.

A horse of course

I appreciated the improvements they made to the strategic layer but the combat engine sucks ballz. I'll stick to the original.

The original had some fun mechanics like dead factions having their remaining lands being split up between allies. This could also be forced without breaking alliances via Geishas, making diplomacy/espionage strategies possible. S2 always just devolves into bsb stack spam upon realm divide.

catfood

AGAIN
I appreciated the improvements they made to the strategic layer but the combat engine sucks ballz. I'll stick to the original.

The original had some fun mechanics like dead factions having their remaining lands being split up between allies. This could also be forced without breaking alliances via Geishas, making diplomacy/espionage strategies possible. S2 always just devolves into bsb stack spam upon realm divide.
There are mods that remove RD altogether but the shitty combat engine can never be fixed.

A horse of course

There are mods that remove RD altogether but the shitty combat engine can never be fixed.

There are no mods that re-integrate S1 mechanics into S2. Same with the way civil wars worked, and incest from M1 to M2 :negative:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Realm Divide isn't that bad, you just have to cheese it. Stay at 49 provinces and build yourself up, then go HAM.

A horse of course

Realm Divide isn't that bad, you just have to cheese it. Stay at 49 provinces and build yourself up, then go HAM.

Nobody has mentioned the difficulty of RM. It's disliked because it's ahistorical, deprecates what little existing use diplomacy has, and results in mindless stack spam.

razvedchiki

Erudite
Fall of the Samuari is not dlc anymore, but standalone game: https://store.steampowered.com/app/201271/Total_War_Saga_FALL_OF_THE_SAMURAI/

that was a real dick move, until last summer fots was part of shogun 2 as dlc and was regulry sold at 5-10 euros at sales.

on another note, best mod for shoghun 2 is the rights of man road to kyoto
https://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1752-The-Rights-of-Man-3-Road-to-Kyoto-(TROM3)
dont get scared by its age, its best out there.too bad that the links for the submods dont work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom