Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Total War: Three Kingdoms - the next major historical Total War title set in ancient China

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Chinese apparently.
Chinks are attention whores when it comes down to western "cultural" products.

"lul chinks" doesn't explain how Total War managed to scam primarily Western customers for over a decade prior with shit like Empire.

Everybody really wants a good Total War game. It's just, uh, we never get one of those.
Ahhh they were never much of successful franchise,TW does moves copies but it is not a "block buster". I believe that Rome2 was the peak of their sales and they had gone downhill.

I liked TW back in the day,but i lost interest after shogun. They keep on making the same game and don't improve at all. The worst thing is they constantly cut things,but they cut the interesting part while keeping the retarded shit. At this point,they games are just boring to me. The three kingdom setting is great,but the game is just another retardedlly boring TW.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Lost TW game I bought and played was MTW2 and frankly speaking I still like RTW much more despite its aging badly graphics (mitigated by mods partially) the game play is less tedious in this one and battles more dynamic while still being very tactical of course, the shit they kept adding like Merchants (useless and out of scope of game) Princesses (Like anybody would allow the maiden of high birth to travel around the continent and act as diplomat in medieval any period before age of Liberalism) was pointless and they started to cut features I did liked like watching your town outside battle mode) instead of adding options like perhaps designing town and cities layout and town walls/Castles by yourself or more dynamic sieges. Empire scrapped old engine and did all on Battlescape which broken battles and this was down hill from this point. Did not even bothered to demo RTW2 and Attila and I am not interested in Far East States warfare, and Warhammer being blatant cash grab (they sold the same game twice plus shit tones of DLCs) convinced me to seek more green pastures.
I would have agreed with you about RTW if the game's campaigns were actually complete-able. In the real world, the game becomes way too unstable after 100 or so turns. So, I really can't name a single TW game I can like - RTW CTDs, the newer ones don't CTD as often but are dumbed down, and old and new both have terrible AI which also cheats.

This is only possible in the gaming industry - a proof of concept, pilot project which you can't even complete sells millions of copies for years.

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
I'd love me some Three Kingdoms but lately CA/SEGA's pricing and DLC policies are ludicrous, I'll hold out for the GOTY edition to hit the bargain bin.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The game looks pretty deadish to me ,it begun strong with nearly 200,000 players but in 2-3 months it lost like 95% of its players and there are no player spikes during DLC releases.

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
If you want a crane fan to go with that monocle, I gotta recommend KOEI's Romance of the three kingdoms series. I haven't played the newer ones, but the first couple are great.

Yes, those are good. The new ones have the same problem as the TW series -- bug-ridden DLC fests! Still, CA's game will probably be disappointing when it comes to detail and content. Might wait for sgz 14 next year.

cw8

Cipher
I don't really give a shit about multiplayer, I just want to pretend I'm a great strategist while holding a crane feather fan and wistfully stroking my beard. Is it too much to ask?

If you want a crane fan to go with that monocle, I gotta recommend KOEI's Romance of the three kingdoms series. I haven't played the newer ones, but the first couple are great.

Newer ones are shit. RTK 2-11 are great. My personal fav is RTK4. You won't be able to find the DOS ones on GoG or Steam but you can find them on the Internet Archive:

https://archive.org/details/msdos_Romance_of_the_Three_Kingdoms_III_-_Dragon_of_Destiny_1993

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
smug.gif

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I like how warhammer total war have hundreds of thousads views and tens of thousands of likes on youtube and Three Kingdoms online battle videos have...next to nothing.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I liked TW back in the day,but i lost interest after shogun. They keep on making the same game and don't improve at all. The worst thing is they constantly cut things,but they cut the interesting part while keeping the retarded shit. At this point,they games are just boring to me. The three kingdom setting is great,but the game is just another retardedlly boring TW.

Idk, Warhammer was a breath of fresh air in a lot of ways, but it's a shame it warped the community/audience.

I still think Rome 1 and Medieval 2 are genuinely fun and not just a case of refusing to relinquish childhood nostaliga. And the mechanics they developed over the course of ToB, Attila, and especially 3K kinda sets them up to return to the medieval period with suitable gameplay — at least on launch, lacking this was the big problem with Rome 2, doubly so on the campaign level.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom