Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

Discussion in 'Strategy and Simulation' started by Infinitron, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Average Manatee Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Average Manatee
    Norsca gets an auto-confederation with other Norscans when they beat their leader, like greenskins. This is why generally avoiding fights with other Norscans early works, since they'll actually build up settlements faster than you could and confederation means a full inherit of everything vs. conquering where the settlement goes down a level. But war with at least some of them is probably inevitable so just play it by ear.

I like Ice Trolls, especially with Throgg. The trick to them and other mid-tier low-leadership units is that you need a way to recruit them at rank 7 or higher so that they get a lot more stats and the rank 7 red line bonuses. Norsca is one of the races that can set up a settlement to do this by stacking their +recruit rank buildings and having the recruiting lord with +3 rank blue line ability (swap him in whenever you want to recruit something). With this you should be able to easily defeat any other single army except legendary lords with rank 9 high tier units, which will require a bit more finesse.

Norsca is generally kind of ass and doesn't really scale well, so I'd beeline the campaign objectives if possible. I don't really recall the specifics of which god is best to dedicate all your shit to.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • decline decline x 1
    • /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. underground nymph Savant Patron

underground nymph
    Strap Yourselves In
    I can’t play this fucking gaem without these mods!

^ Top  
  4. Matalarata Arcane Patron

Matalarata
    I strongly suggest you plan around the chaos invasion, Norsca can reduce upkeep by 75% (iirc?) if you defeat Archaon which should be one of your campaign objectives. Most races can perfectly ignore those objectives and just wrap them up in order to properly finish the campaign but not Norsca, I suggest you pay attention to that!

In addition, conquering all of Norsca proper is p.easy by just beating and subduing lords but will leave you stretched thin since their economy is shitty, aim to level up Wulfrik. Dark elves will probably be your worst match up for a long time.

Vampire Counts on the other hand are super easy. Once of the easiest faction for Legendary/VH, get free skellies and spam them everywhere, only hire Vampire generals and focus heavily on Winds of magic. They have the most OP lore of magic in SP, as you may know already.

^ Top  
  5. Mazisky Magister

Mazisky
    The most important thing of that mod are not the boobs but the fact it makes the hips\ass rounder.

The vanilla Witch Elves in the game are traumatizing for me because they remind me the first time in my life I failed to have an erection, and it was when I was with a girl that had the same flat unshaped ass which totally did put me off when I discovered it, since it didn't look like that with pants on.

• sad sad x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. Sunri Savant

Sunri
    I wish all races/nations had some goal similar to Bretonnia to win campaign instead just painting map.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. underground nymph Savant Patron

underground nymph
    Strap Yourselves In
    Slavs in the Attila have very cool multilayered campaign goals. For example they may have to build some top tier religious building which is only possible after obtaining a particular resource. That’s just one of the prerequisites.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    There is a mod for that.

• [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Tyrr Savant

Tyrr
    • Funny Funny x 9
    • How about this as a button How about this as a button x 1
    • Rage Rage x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    meanwhile, he-man style is perfectly normal.

• Yes Yes x 2
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. zapotec Learned

zapotec
    With that boobs now they look like trannies

^ Top  
  12. CthuluIsSpy Arcane

CthuluIsSpy
    Brits and Americans have an aversion to tits.
    I blame puritans.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    underground nymph https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2165815189 Example for Tyrion -

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I've used this mod. It's leagues ahead of the default victory conditions, but some of them are still pretty annoying. I often wind up quitting campaigns because I need to wait for 20 turns for my cities to finish growing so I can construct the necessary buildings.

^ Top  
  15. Parabalus Arcane

Parabalus
    The victory screen is quite barebones & useless, just quit the campaign when you feel like you're done.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. Sunri Savant

Sunri
    I need my achievments.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • popamole popamole x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. underground nymph Savant Patron

underground nymph
    Strap Yourselves In
    Fuck CA for removing Legendary achievements by merging them with plebs’ very hard.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    The difficulties are bullshit anyway and make 99% of tactics and strategies useless, as well as relegate races like Norsca to being borderline unplayable.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. underground nymph Savant Patron

underground nymph
    Strap Yourselves In
    Legendary by being ridiculously unfair forces player to leverage every possible mechanics on maximum as well as to put more thought into planning moves. That’s why I find it extremely fun.

Example: playing as scrolk with no antilarge you see an army of sotek full of large 9 rank units approaching your capital. That’s a game over for sure unless you’ll try to leverage what is possible and you go for bribing dark elf pirate (along with joining war against his enemies), Sotek opts for attacking DE’s army nearby and you finish him next turn heading up towards its cities.

Cheese is inevitable, and sometimes may seem outrageous like exploiting AI’s passivity during ambush attacks or sieges.

^ Top  
  20. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    The main problem is that the odds are massively stacked in the player's favor on basically any difficulty below very hard and the AI in Total War games has been notoriously shit. Both in campaign and battles. AI also can't into army composition. If the AI needs ridiculous bonuses to compete with you on an even playing field, something is terribly wrong. These bonuses also make sure the experience is as tedious as possible. Sure, you can get a good fight or two throughout an entire campaign, but it's not worth the tedium for the rest of the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    Actually I'm rather glad AI is using unoptimized armies. It makes it more interesting than hitting the same army 30x in the row.

^ Top  
  22. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    This is just a flaw masking another flaw - that of an optimized army being always the same, i.e. ranged-heavy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Average Manatee Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Average Manatee
    AI ranged armies are easy as shit to beat through because the AI never turns off skirmish mode, so 2-4 infantry can easily keep their ranged uselessly running away the whole battle.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Olinser Savant

Olinser
    Norsca is unfortunately THE worst campaign for the Very Hard achievements because they have stupid mechanics that don't work together - you're required to take and hold FIVE capitals and wipe out both Couronne and Reikland, and yet you can't take and hold any normal non-coast settlements, you can't build walls ANYWHERE because fuck Norsca so your cities fall at the drop of a hat, AND the coastal settlements you CAN take don't actually give you any meaningful income. So they have all the worst aspects of a horde army and NONE of the benefits.

About their only positive is their 'raiding camp' stance gives them a HUGE +melee defense boost in the early game, it should be abused.

Basically you have to blitz for the enemy leaders up north as quick as you can to confederate the entire island so you can stop dealing with them and make sure Throgg doesn't get AI crappointed, then I took Fortress of the Damned immediately and just parked an army up there because the Dark Elves constantly and pointlessly attack you, but if you have an army they'll just stay up there.

Same with the little island on the SW (forget the name of the province), you basically HAVE to park an army there because the idiot elves constantly invade through there.

Then you rush for Altdorf and take it so the Empire doesn't get a chance to mass confederate, as long as you wipe out Reikland the Empire goes down easy, then you go for Couronne the same way. If you screw it up you're in for a 300+ turn slog while you constantly raze settlements that you can't occupy trying to push Empire back, but you have to constantly go back and re-raze settlements that they resettle because fuck you, the AI can do it without sacrificing troops.

^ Top  
  25. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    I hate that mechanic. Imagine you are in the begining, a small settlement you are preparing to raid oversea settlement to have money to build recruitment buildings for something powerful, and conquer the world. Turn 3 you beat up leader of foreign faction, and got 14 settlements which would give you larger monthly income than you'd get from raiding that oversea settlement nearby...

You won turn 3. gg Would you play again with the same faction?

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.