Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

Tanaka

Educated
Kislev's Boris: Faction- and Lord-effects

dvbfh4myf6d81.png

Start positions on the WH3 main campaign map

The LL-less gap between Katarin's and Greasus' starting positions will be eventually filled with Chaos Dwarfs.

u7uzv84dp7d81.png

I'm confused. Where is the world map? I thought WH3 was the grand finale with ALL factions on one map?

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
There are, but I skimmed some of the streams to see if there were any major gameplay improvements (there weren't), and everything north of the frozen sea appears to be 100% demon.

I'm sure at some point someone will make a map showing the distribution of every faction at game start.

From watching bits and pieces of streams, there's at least ogre, dwarfs, skaven, beastmen and warriors of chaos minor factions North of the frozen seas. But the bulk of the factions is made of the mono-god factions

Kislev's Boris: Faction- and Lord-effects

dvbfh4myf6d81.png

The LL-less gap between Katarin's and Greasus' starting positions will be eventually filled with Chaos Dwarfs.

u7uzv84dp7d81.png

I'm confused. Where is the world map? I thought WH3 was the grand finale with ALL factions on one map?

The full map will be available a few weeks after launch, like with Mortal Empire in WH 2

Apparently there's also mini-campaigns, with one set in Kislev and the other in Cathay, a bit like those from the beastmen and wood elves back in the first game, except this time you'll be able to choose your faction and it's available in MP.

x9shhi2977d81.jpg

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I like mini campaigns. I also like Vortex style campaigns. Total War’s sand box “paint the map” style just doesn’t work anymore.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
They said they would drop mini campaigns after Wh1 because nobody enjoyed them.
I remember they said they were going to focus on polishing new factions instead of mini campaigns. I personally don’t find DLC sub-factions any good, and buy them only to get access to their lords and units (obvious cash grab). The mechanics they introduce are gimmicky, shallow and overpowered. The only good DLC for Twarhammer 2 was Tomb Kings.

On the other hand I had much joy playing Beastmen mini-campaign in the first game.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The victory conditions are terrible, but there's a mod for that. I'd like to see more involved questlines for each faction that are lore-related in some way, like Throt wanting to eat Ariel. What I want to see the most, however, is better battle gameplay...

Tyrr

Liturgist
The victory conditions are terrible, but there's a mod for that. I'd like to see more involved questlines for each faction that are lore-related in some way, like Throt wanting to eat Ariel. What I want to see the most, however, is better battle gameplay...
It's single player game. Why do you need a mod to tell you that you won the game?
Just end the campaign when you get bored with it.

Sunri

Liturgist
It's single player game. Why do you need a mod to tell you that you won the game?
Just end the campaign when you get bored with it.

If I do that, I won't get achievement

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Why have victory conditions in any game if you can stop at any time and say you've won? This seems like a bizarre argument.

_V_

Scholar
Well, they could re-introduce some sort of end video for factions/lords...

Tyrr

Liturgist
I'm not really interested in the new campaign. I hope the mortal empires map comes soon.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
By the way, the Cathay roster is of course NOT split into men - melee/women - ranged like people said at first as a cope.

As I predicted, they used their free hand to add as many stronk womyn as possible for no reason, because CA is that sort of company.

Mitleser2020

Scholar
I wonder why they nonetheless made the male-led order sub-factions melee-focused and their female counterparts ranged-focused.

Mazisky

Magister
I'm not really interested in the new campaign. I hope the mortal empires map comes soon.

Mortal Empires is the only way to go.

The WH3 is too scripted, forced goals with time limit and 90% of the time you are playing on the same boring wasteland or frozen maps with 0 environmental variation

Mitleser2020

Scholar
Chaos Dwarfs DLC soon

n7osli5dkae81.png
7p6ts2f6yrur.jpeg

By the same logic Araby DLC incoming as well

It is one of several hints.
The best players who want Araby can hope for are Arabian units in the Dogs of War roster like Al Muktar's Desert Dogs.
On the tabletop, they're a fast light cavalry unit, although they come with three hero units. Al Muktar has no magic items but has the most impressive stat line. Shufti is somewhat less skilled, but has a magic scimitar that increases his strength. Ibn carries the unit's banner, which makes all wounds dealt by Al Muktar count double for combat resolution. They seem pretty serviceable, as light cavalry goes.
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/ua-reads-warhammer-fantasy-battle.738832/page-41

Another hint.

u7uzv84dp7d81.png

They said they are in partnership with Games Workshop to create races for WH3. Chaos Dwarves is in for sure, Araby might need a lot of make up but it isn't unlikely either.

They are more likely to make Border Princes less generic as GW intends to do than do Araby.

44jer9ihjd771.png

3Dzu6O8V3KEXLJij.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom