Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

A horse of course

https://warhammer3.totalwar.com

Total War: WARHAMMER III FAQ

Platforms & Storefronts
Which platforms will Total War: WARHAMMER III be available on?
Total War: WARHAMMER III will be available on PC, and will also be available as close to launch day as possible on macOS and Linux thanks to our friends at Feral Interactive – we’ll be confirming exactly when closer to release day.

Which stores will Total War: WARHAMMER III be available through?
You can pick up your copy of Total War: WARHAMMER III on Steam and the Epic Games Store. You can also purchase your Steam or Epic Games Store key directly from Creative Assembly here – the only difference is that more of the price you pay will go directly to the studio.

Other digital storefronts are also available – please check SEGA’s list of approved partners here.

Physical copies of Total War: WARHAMMER III will also be available in most territories – please check with your preferred local game stockist.

Are there any plans for any Total War: WARHAMMER III content to be exclusive to a particular store?
No, all Total War: WARHAMMER III content will be released simultaneously on all storefronts.

Will Total War: WARHAMMER and Total War: WARHAMMER II be available on the Epic Games Store in the future?
Yes, we hope to add these games – and their DLC – to the Epic Games Store before Total War: WARHAMMER III launches.

Can I purchase DLC for Total War: WARHAMMER games I own on one store on another (and vice versa)?
Currently it’s not possible to track the different Total War: WARHAMMER content you own across different storefronts. So, for example, if you buy Total War: WARHAMMER on the Epic Games Store, you will also need to buy the DLC on the Epic Games Store in order to use it.

The same applies for claiming the free Mortal Empires DLC – you would need to own both Total War: WARHAMMER and Total War: WARHAMMER II on the same store in order to claim it.

However, we hope to introduce this functionality through Total War Access in the future, which would enable you to link your Steam and Epic Games Store accounts through Total War Access in order to be able to play and purchase games and DLC on any storefront you wish.

We cannot guarantee this functionality at any point currently, but will continue to work towards it in cooperation with the storefront operators.

Will Total War: WARHAMMER III be available on macOS and Linux?
Yes, macOS and Linux versions will be available on Steam, developed and published by Feral Interactive.

Will Total War: WARHAMMER III have Steam and Epic Games Store cross-store multiplayer?
Yes, we intend to support cross-store multiplayer at launch.

Early Adopter Bonus
Total War: WARHAMMER III is available for pre order now but I don’t see any mention of a pre-order incentive or Early Adopter bonus – is there one?
Yes – we will be revealing our Early Adopter bonus in the coming months. Regardless of when you pre order – either right now or closer to release – you will still get the same bonus.

As with our previous Early Adopter bonuses, it will also be gifted to anyone who pre orders or buys the game in the first week after release, so you will still be able to claim the Early Adopter bonus for free up to a week after the game has launched.

We’ll be sharing more about exactly what the Early Adopter is in a few months, so if you want to wait until you know more before placing your pre order – or even until the game launches – it’s of course completely up to you.

What is the Early Adopter bonus content?
We currently planning to have Race Pack as the Early Adopter bonus for Total War: WARHAMMER III – stay tuned for all the latest details about this as soon as we can reveal them!

Will Total War: WARHAMMER III reviews land before the game is released?
Yes – as with all recent Total War titles, our review embargo will drop before launch, allowing you time to decide whether to pre order and get the Early Adopter bonus if you’d like.

Content
Is Total War: WARHAMMER III going to be set during the End Times and feature stuff from Age of Sigmar?
No, as with Total War: WARHAMMER and Total War: WARHAMMER II, Total War: WARHAMMER III is set around the reign of Karl Franz. Our primary source is Warhammer Fantasy Battles 8th Edition, although we have and will continue to use older editions for inspiration where appropriate.

What races will be available in Total War: WARHAMMER III at launch?
We are excited to be able to confirm that Total War: WARHAMMER III contains a wider selection of individual races than any previous Total War: WARHAMMER core title.

Deep within the realms of Chaos the four Ruinous Powers of Nurgle, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Khorne prepare for war and two mighty kingdoms stand sentinel: the stern warriors of Kislev and the vast empire of Grand Cathay.

We can’t wait to start introducing you to the nine playable Legendary Lords that will lead these races into battle!

Is all this new Kislev and Cathay content for Total War: WARHAMMER III legit?
Yes! Games Workshop has expanded and created these factions, and partnered with us. You can find out all about it from them on Warhammer Community here including some great interviews.

Will there be a combined map for owners of all three games?
Yes, though currently our focus is on Total War: WARHAMMER III.

We will release a massive combined map that will be a huge free DLC for owners of all three games, and we’ll have more detail later.

Note that you will need to own all three parts of the trilogy through a single store front in order to claim this free DLC. Please see above for details.

Will you be continuing to support Total War: WARHAMMER II after the launch of Total War: WARHAMMER III?
As you might expect, our focus will shift towards supporting Total War: WARHAMMER III following its launch.

However, before then there will be a further DLC for Total War: WARHAMMER II which we will be releasing later this year.

Gameplay
Will Total War: WARHAMMER III be localised in my language?
Total War: WARHAMMER III will only have English language audio. However, UI and text localisation will be available in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Polish, Czech, Turkish, Brazilian Portuguese, Korean, and simplified as well as traditional Chinese.

Will Total War: WARHAMMER III have multiplayer support at launch?
Yes – we’ll have more details about this to share as we get closer to launch.

Will Total War: WARHAMMER III support mods at launch?
Yes, and we’ll have more details about this closer to launch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Black_Willow

Arcane
wb87jtm6xae61.png

copebot

Learned
They will probably do a connecting DLC between WH2 and WH3 like they did with Norsca for WH1/WH2.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I bet TW will stay out of AoS because AoS is a niche shit and fans of WhTW care about Fantasy Battles setting only. Chaos Dwarves, maybe Cathay and even Ind or expanding easward to Great Maw and Ogres.
They can even flesh out existing factions with unique mechanics like they did with all recent DLCs and people will be happy with it.
They struck motherlode with Warhammer and its unique faction gameplay that made it so much much more popular than all Total Wars combined. You can't, for example, make medieval's setting play like Warhammer. France will not be different from England and at best you can have nomads\hordes and settled factions. Because there are no differences between Medieval rulers\nations, be it kings, tsar, basileus, sultan or else.
They can't make unique mechanics in real world setting, adding uniqueresources for faction, like frogs for France or freedumz bellz for USA

Last edited:

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
People starting connecting start into signs and we are at the point where it is no longer possible to define whether it is a joke or people actually do this.
gifQVs.jpeg

I'd rather see Empire: Total War 2. Because most of its problems were solved in WHTW - units being able to hold formation, for example and artillery balance. Downsides are, of course, is that WHTW also balanced artillery with flying units and magic but variety of artillery and cavalry coult compensate. Shit, I still remember how your super elite shooters could be slaughtered bceause it will maneuver for minutes without firing a shot.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
People starting connecting start into signs and we are at the point where it is no longer possible to define whether it is a joke or people actually do this.
gifQVs.jpeg

I'd rather see Empire: Total War 2. Because most of its problems were solved in WHTW - units being able to hold formation, for example and artillery balance. Downsides are, of course, is that WHTW also balanced artillery with flying units and magic but variety of artillery and cavalry coult compensate. Shit, I still remember how your super elite shooters could be slaughtered bceause it will maneuver for minutes without firing a shot.

Idk, I think a proper Victorian era TW would be cooler.
Fall of the Samurai was great, now expand that to the rest of Europe and Africa.

Communist

Prospernaut
Possibly Retarded
I'd rather see Empire: Total War 2
Then it must be something massive with truly epic battles.
Perhaps they should consider breaking battles into many small segments. Let's say we have the Battle of Waterloo, and its outcome is decided in separate missions on separate flanks.
Total War has always been an excellent wargame. He has a terrible government regime. I hate it, it's primitive and boring. And for a very long time ... I always play battles and skirmishes. Change the mode of the global map, let the moves on this map end not with clashes, but with changes in the supply and support of troops. Let this affect diplomacy, let the enemies bow to the threat and not to the capture of the provinces, because the cannons are the last argument of the kings. Hell, Napoleon fought one general battle that decided the fate of entire countries. Let us be left with one battle, but an epic battle, broken down into several fronts and flanks.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Then it must be something massive with truly epic battles.
Perhaps they should consider breaking battles into many small segments. Let's say we have the Battle of Waterloo, and its outcome is decided in separate missions on separate flanks.
Total War has always been an excellent wargame. He has a terrible government regime. I hate it, it's primitive and boring. And for a very long time ... I always play battles and skirmishes. Change the mode of the global map, let the moves on this map end not with clashes, but with changes in the supply and support of troops. Let this affect diplomacy, let the enemies bow to the threat and not to the capture of the provinces, because the cannons are the last argument of the kings. Hell, Napoleon fought one general battle that decided the fate of entire countries. Let us be left with one battle, but an epic battle, broken down into several fronts and flanks.
This is quite a complicated mechanics for CA.
No, we need duels for generals and magic for monarchs. E.g. Nicholas II can summon expandable mobs of peasants, while Bismarck can apply faction-wide status “ongoing revolution”.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Warscape still can't do proper volley fire or sieges. So no, Empire 2 would still suck ass.
What? Blasting clumped mobs of infantry with hellstorms can challenge heroine for endorphine-producing effect. Yet with such power there are competitive factions without artillery and even shooting units at all Vampire Counts for example.
Idk, I think a proper Victorian era TW would be cooler.
Victorian era battles were either notoriously one-sided or a slog with reinforcement grinding.

tabacila

Augur
I'm hoping for two more race reveals tomorrow and a trailer on Thursday. Having just Chaos and Kislev in the base game seems like a big mistake since game 1 and 2 had 4 pretty different races at start.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom