Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III - It's going to be SHIT

Discussion in 'Strategy and Simulation' started by Ed123, Jan 29, 2021.

1. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    What would actually be nice is human-like AI. But CA are not into making a good game, they are into selling 3d models and producing CGI trailers for them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    Fact is, 3K has a much better difficulty system. In fact it does pretty much everything better than Wawa on the campaign level.

I think dwarfs are entirely unplayable in campaign after the Paunch update. The Orc factions don't fight each other. If you try to focus on the northern tribe Grimgor will get you. If you try to focus on Grimgor, which was the standard tactic before, the thing in my screenshot happens.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. tabacila Liturgist

tabacila
    Even if the greenskin factions fight each other sooner or later two faction leaders clash and boom instant confederation.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. kris Arcane

kris
    Sounds like I should try another Dawi campaign. Turtling for the win.

EDIT - Blitz+turtling.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    You can play the slayer king guy which gets you a nice buffer faction between you and grimgor. Go up and kill the vc orc and you have a solid domain and no neighbour that hates you beyond all reckoning. Then you can consolidate your domain a bit, and then confederate and move south once you have a decent economy and some high tier units.

^ Top  
  6. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    True but that brings its own problem: Ungrim is a shit lord - Can't really duel, can't tank, can't kill infantry. Slayers are cool but get bogged down by chaff like goblins.
    Oh and of course the fact that a 1 settlement faction can shit out 3 stacks like this anyway:
    Clipboard01.jpg

I have no doubt in the coming turns the faggot AI will ask the undead to the east to join its war, too.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Space Satan Arcane

Space Satan
    Git gud

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    Well, I haven't tried a slayer doomstack. I try to make balanced armies. Lets see how that goes.
    e:
    Clipboard01.jpg
    upload_2021-6-20_1-21-34.png

Thanks game

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    • That's an Elephant That's an Elephant x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. kris Arcane

kris
    Its early, they got shit that can hurt dwarfs. sit in the underground and lure them to attack you (have decent ranged in army) and then you kill them in the tunnel. Next turn you siege their city. If possible use another small army for siege so you can replenish your main army.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Dwarvophile Savant

Dwarvophile
    Also focus on buildings that gives +growth, no need for fancy units in the beginning, just quarellers and a 3,4 dwarfs warriors for the flanks where the mounted orcs will hit, and miners in the front line, they are a are a very good low tier unit. I'd take the red mountains and Gunbad in priority, Gunbad for the brimstone, but also because it's a good choke point for anything coming from the south (Grimgor eliminate Karaz-a-Karak very early).

^ Top  
  11. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    This is VH. Goblins are a serious threat to dwarf warriors, especially with Waaagh active.
    Also Karak Kadrin is surrounded by vampire factions, the corruption is almost impossible to get rid of and kills growth, as my screenshot shows. Even AFTER the VC factions are gone the corruption persists and dwarves simply don't have readily available methods of dealing with it.

Im on turn 74 with Ungrim and just now somewhat stabilized, but Im still not able to afford more than a single stack. You CAN'T make money because taxing your provinces results in -8 to -10 PO permanently while there is corruption.

e: Now the single province Drycha sent 2 full stacks of war dancers and treemen into my territory, despite being at war with everyone around her. :lol:

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Dwarvophile Savant

Dwarvophile
    Typical. This anti player bias makes the campaign ridiculous on higher dif.

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  13. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    This shit doesn't happen (at least as much) in 3K. I sincerely hope they copy the campaign mechanics into Wawa3 but I have my doubt.

upload_2021-6-21_4-5-33.png

Ordertide mode: Engaged. No thanks to ME however.

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Danikas Arcane

Danikas
    When modders with shitty tools and no support do a better job than modern gayming company.

4 types of cannons and no bears in sight
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

War wagons that wont look retarted in warm weather
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Realistic and not overblown armour design
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Streltsi with bardiches
    [​IMG]

Best part you can play it right now for FREE

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Salute Salute x 3
    • incline incline x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    upload_2021-6-22_0-45-50.png

Even modders can't help themselves.

^ Top  
  16. 34scell Savant

34scell
    Kurgan-Kislevite minority

^ Top  
  17. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    That reminds me: The Kislev roster has no good horse archers. Wawa in general has no good horse archers, which is weird. If there's one faction that should have them, it's Kislev.

^ Top  
  18. kris Arcane

kris
    I did a few turns with Dawi and indeed the greenskins are a more serious problem, in particular I had big problems with Savage Orcs who dont break and therefore makes it through to my ranged.
    (I only have some minor mods like no increased upkeep for more lords)

Anyway. I did one restart as I got first try wrong by going against Grimgor and getting buttraped. Second try :
    1. Take silver road. (obvious)
    2. Take Karag Dron (My old tactic was going for Gundabad)
    3. Instead of going for Grimgor i went west to take Red fang cities. Meanwhile building up army 2 in the silver road.
    4. Second army together with garrison take out BSpearz army.
    5. Red fangs last city confederate with Grimgor and grimgor declare war.
    6. I send both armies to Black crag.
    7. Both armies each take out a Grimgor army in the underground. (Undeground is great for dawi)
    8. Take black crag.
    9. While losing minor settlements (especially against Azhag) i work on taking out armies. For some reason the spider greenskin faction kept on sieging one minor settlement with two armies (with a garrison of 5 units).

My normal tactic is getting walls everywhere because greenskins suck at taking dawi fortresses. But getting black crag puts me with two of the best capitals you can get and I can then position one army at each point to grow from.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    Did you use half stacks then? Because I've found it impossible to finance more than one stack, let alone a second army.

Honestly, dwarves just need a massive rework. The damn item quests and their requirements barely line up with the reality of the game these days.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. Riddler Arcane Patron

Riddler
    Bubbles In Memoria
    There are bears on every single one of the cannons.

^ Top  
  21. zapotec Learned

zapotec
    But at least they are beareable to look at:smug:

^ Top  
  22. kris Arcane

kris
    I certainly agree the dawi needs a rework

Without the malus of second lord that I modded away I could possibly have a bit more than you. Of course I directly go for gems and some early money and quickly had many settlements.

My second army though was just over half when defending against Bspears, but full after I took Black Crag.

After i took black crag i got really lucky and apart from huge skaven to my south and east there is not much enemies at all. Bspears got eliminated bu Zhufbar, Grimgor by me and Azhag by border kingdoms. Several trade deals and the money flows. Basically I kind of already won, at least after I defeated the skaven.

^ Top  
  23. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Serpent in the Staglands Wasteland 2
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-3-survival-battles-battle-changes/

I told u

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

• incline x 2
    • decline x 2
    • Shit x 2
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    • Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    :retarded:

And here I thought CA understood the setting.

• retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Delterius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Delterius
    Chaos fags on suicide watch as based russian lady beheads nurgle (the ukraine).

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.