Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

A horse of course

The one redeeming feature Cathay might've had was LARPing as historical China, this shit looks like a cross between Mists of Pandaria and Dynasty Warriors.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm not harbouring much hope for the siege rework. I'd just remove walled sieges and only have them for the biggest and most important cities. Definitely don't allow us to build walls in every village on the map. Troy has walled sieges only for the main cities in a province and it's still too much imo. Troy's sieges are better than WH2's but still the low point of the game.

Dayyālu

Arcane
This game will rock, it's a dream for any WFB lover.

I seriously doubt it will "rock", but one has to remember that CA had more love for the setting and a fairer treatment of its customers (free DLCs, "attempts" at fixing stuff) than thrice-cursed Games Workshop. If I had to enjoy the setting, CA deserves my money far more. Never forget the End Times and AoS, die as a WFB grog.

That said, yeh, far too high-fantasy in tone, but Total Warhams is kinda based on late-era WHFB where the AoS WoWification was going full speed. Shit happens and we'll have to deal with it. Did we see anything for the Chaos Dwarves or they're bound to be DLC? Can't be arsed to read the whole thread.

OF COURSE Cathay is full of women. I FUCKING KNEW IT.
Full creative license and the first thing CA does is go full woke.

Here, take a retarded rating for old times' sake, you dumbfuck. Pity we'll only get one Dragon Princess, apparently....

gruntar

Augur

CA doesn't have full creative control, far from it. GW is working closely with them as they plan to release updated Old World tabletop next year. CA had more control with Vampire Coast and that faction fits much better in the setting than that anime/disney bullshit we're getting in a sequel.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

CA doesn't have full creative control, far from it. GW is working closely with them as they plan to release updated Old World tabletop next year. CA had more control with Vampire Coast and that faction fits much better in the setting than that anime/disney bullshit we're getting in a sequel.

Fairly certain GW only cares about the established factions, that's why you don't get (much) of this bullshit so far.
And besides, GW and CA are two peas in a pot when it comes to wokeness. Look at AoS - Groids and foids everywhere.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Do you remember how Empire TW forced you pay for reinforcements? Now you can get units gradually replenished without paying from your budget. (more than upkeep)
Do you remember how WH I had nice detailed system of assassins that could assassinate a lord, you could defend against them... If a high level assassin was dangerous, you could kill him while losing about 10 low level assassins on average. Costly, but if you really needed, it was an option. Nowadays you have immortal tag. (Not sure if AI is still using it.) Lords can't be assassinated. Stuff became dumber.

tabacila

Augur
Well to be fair if fantasy China is anything like real China (i.e. a disgusting bugman society) I have no problem seeing a place like that throw everything it has, dicks or no dicks, at the huge chaos portal near their border. I do appreciate all the girls being in crossbow and gunpowder units or operating mechanical contraptions while the dudes do the actual melee combat.
That being said, the trailer did go out of its' way to show closeups of stronk womyn as officers/leaders/heroes/lord types. The only dude who gets a close up is a lowly blacksmith. That's right up CA's alley if you remember their last and only original creation in WH until now, Cylostra Direfin or whatever her name was.
Yeah it stinks of current year's obsession's with diversity and representation, and both CA and GW have been guilty of that. I guess they can't sleep at night if the captives a horde of chaos rapes aren't 50% women.

What pissed me off were the chosen riding disks of Tzeentch. The models were 100% the existing WoC ones in as far as I could tell. Not even a small reskin or something. Best case scenario those are just placeholders...

Anyway Cathay looks fun. It will be a great stomping ground for my first Nurgle campaign. Time to pay for covid ya dirty bat eaters.

tabacila

Augur
Fairly certain GW only cares about the established factions, that's why you don't get (much) of this bullshit so far.
And besides, GW and CA are two peas in a pot when it comes to wokeness. Look at AoS - Groids and foids everywhere.
I think GW just announced Cathay for their Old World game and I'm pretty sure both Kislev and Cathay have been made by both CA and GW. For all intents and purposes both these factions will be canon and not just CA's fanfic. It makes sense since GW wants to have plastic miniatures ready to sell to people that get over excited by the WH games. Too bad you killed the original WFB GW, you would have made a killing ya stupid fucks.

tabacila

Augur

At least they dont want the Chinese market.
Implying there will be a Chinese game market by the time this comes out... https://www.fudzilla.com/news/gaming/53522-china-bans-new-video-games

Honestly if this happens it will be lolzy as hell. Not only was CA (and GW probably) trying to get more Chinese customers with Cathay, but they created a separate team to make a new Three Kingdoms game most probably better catered to the Chinese market.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I'll defend 3 Kingdoms and say that it doesn't seem to be specifically designed to cater to the Chink market. If it were, there'd be a lot more coomer shit in it judging by the mods the Chinks put out. It's like saying Troy was aimed at the Greek market.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The trailer was pretty meh and didn't hype me for Cathay. Not a great conclusion to 30 years of waiting for the faction to be fleshed out.

It would be cooler if the terracotta army was a regiment, not a giant monster.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't think Cathay fits the Warhammer aesthetic tbh, but I think the same about Bretonnia, so make of that what you will.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I dont think anyone ever made a fan army list for Cathay. Nippon perhaps but I've never hear of one for Cathay or Ind.

A horse of course

I dont think anyone ever made a fan army list for Cathay. Nippon perhaps but I've never hear of one for Cathay or Ind.

I can't be arsed to dig it out but I'm pretty sure there's an old Cathay list back when the "core" human factions were still "Men of the West/Men of the East/Men of the South" etc. in 3rd edition. As for one from the 90s/00s I dunno, I only remember the Warhammer Forge book with the references to firework cannons, stone lions and such. That was only meant to represent a specific outpost in the mountains anyway, not the standing army.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Cathay really, really comes across as a Skaven-but-human faction. Ranged emphasis, with some monsters/constructs and tarpit infantry.

I do like the armour designs on the melee infantry, though.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I really struggle to understand how could anybody like fantasy warhammer, it's so banal and uninteresting. These are the fantasy chinese, these are the fantasy russians, these are the fantasy HRE, fantasy french, this character is fantasy Jeanne d’Arc, the dark elf leader is called the Witch King and so forth. And you put the total morons at CA on top of it to vomit their retardation all over it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom