Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III - It's going to be SHIT

Discussion in 'Strategy and Simulation' started by Ed123, Jan 29, 2021.

1. BlackAdderBG Arcane Patron Sad Loser

BlackAdderBG
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I really struggle to understand how could anybody like fantasy warhammer, it's so banal and uninteresting. These are the fantasy chinese, these are the fantasy russians, these are the fantasy HRE, fantasy french, this character is fantasy Jeanne d’Arc, the dark elf leader is called the Witch King and so forth. And you put the total morons at CA on top of it to vomit their retardation all over it.

• retadred x 4
    • Participation Award x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Fishy x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • cool story bro x 1
    • No x 1
    • NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Narax Educated

Narax
    I guarantee you CA will make Cathay into a benevolent noble faction as not to offend their chinese overlords.

• Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. BlackAdderBG Arcane Patron Sad Loser

BlackAdderBG
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Real french are more compelling.

• not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. tabacila Liturgist

tabacila
    They even have fucking jezzails wannabes.
    Lower left corner.
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

If they get jezzails I will be mightily pissed if the Empire won't get Hochland long rifles or something...
    The Ming style armor looks pretty cool though.

This was one of my chief concerns when I saw they were actually doing fantasy China, but to be fair a lot of the awfulness of the other human (or generally 'good') factions doesn't really translate from GW's lore to the TW games.
    With the exception of the Witch Hunter hero and the flagellants you don't really get the impression that The Empire is a bunch of proto puritans and rabid religious zealots. Sure they simp Sigmar, but I mean who wouldn't?
    The Brettonians come off as stuck 300-400 years in the past, but there aren't many clues about the abject state of most of their population, with the exception of a couple of description texts and the awful stats of their peasants units.

So Cathay as a harmonious insect empire doesn't feel that out of place in TW WH, but I guess we'll see how much chink cock CA will suck to get a good mark from the censors.
    They will also not be unified into a single faction for gameplay reasons and the info they released about their LLs seems to imply that there's a more that just a little rivalry between the two dragon siblings. Of course you can bet your ass if one of them is secretly a Tzeentch worshipper it will be the dude, while the chick dragon is all in for purity.

The real thing to watch is how they will be portrayed in GW's lore, but I have a feeling they too will somewhat try to bend over backwards to better sell their plastic crap in the middle kingdom.
    Actually if GW starts becoming popular in China it will be funny to see them melt down when cheap Chinese knock off of their precious IP start appearing and the communists won't give a fuck about IP law.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    So, is the WH3 campaign just going to be Cathay vs Ogre Kingdoms vs the 4 chaos factions?

• No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. tabacila Liturgist

tabacila
    It will probably be Kislev in the west, Cathay in the east, ogres in the middle and Chaos in the North. But who cares? You'll probably play it a couple of times, like the Vortex, then move on to the big combined map.

• Yes Yes x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Ah, right, I forgot about Kislev. I actually like the smaller scale campaigns too, but the ritual thing wasn't the best thing in the world maybe, especially since they forced a lot of LLs to participate in that when it doesn't really make much sense for them to do so (like Alith Anar).

^ Top  
  8. Lone Wolf Arcane

Lone Wolf
    There's no way in hell the Ogre Kingdoms are more significant than the Chaos Dwarfs.

With Ogre mercenaries in TWWH2, my guess would be Chaos Dwarfs as a race pack, Ogre Kingdoms are the pre-order bonus that also plays in the Mortal Empires.

So, the TWWH3 map probably looks a little something like Chaos in the north, Kislev in the west, Cathay in the East, Chaos Dwarfs in the centre with a bunch of Greenskins and the Ogre Kingdoms concentrated near Cathay but with individual settlements peppered throughout the region.

^ Top  
  9. baud Arcane Patron

baud
    RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    though unlike skaven, they don't seem to have light, mobile skirmish infantry

^ Top  
  10. tabacila Liturgist

tabacila
    I had hoped for something like the Southern Realms/Dogs of War to be the preorder bonus, but yeah the introduction of the ogre mercenaries is pretty much confirmation for the Ogre Kingdoms.
    Not sure about them being playable in WH2. They have said this pre-order bonus will not be like Norsca, i.e. playable in the previous game, but with this 4-6 months delay who knows? After the Silence and the Fury in July they said no more content for WH2, but that only made sense with a WH3 release in November. They would be stupid to not have something freshly released before the holidays, so I'm pretty sure they'll try to have something WH related ready before Christmas.

Would it be weird for a race like the OK, with had an official 8th edition army book, to get the pre-order treatment (which is a kind of curse judging by WoC and Norsca) while a race without an official book, like the CD, gets the race pack treatment (which was pretty solid looking at TK)?

^ Top  
  11. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    It's based on old age China several centuries ago, which buried dissenters alive.

^ Top  
  12. Galdred Studio Draconis Patron Developer

Galdred
    That may have been one of the reasons why Chaos/Orcs were much more popular then Empire/Dwarves when Warhammer Online was a thing.

Not necessarily. Matching them up against dragons and all can be more interesting than against English longbowmen (especially since most medieval games focus on the HYW battles were the French get slaughtered).

Also, as soon as you deviate from the historical course, you are creating an alternate fantasy version of France.
    I am not sure France taking over the world in MEdieval Total War makes any more sense than Warhammer Total War.

^ Top  
  13. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    You can't use that game as a barometer because it was so badly designed in light of only 2 factions (in order to ape WoW) that everyone rolled whichever faction was dominant on their server.

^ Top  
  14. Galdred Studio Draconis Patron Developer

Galdred
    It gave an edge in mass PvP, but it also resulted in longer wait queues!

^ Top  
  15. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Not only did it give an edge, it basically broke the game for the other faction and made it unplayable.

^ Top  
  16. Space Satan Arcane

Space Satan
    Flamers. Fucking flamers. I goddamn hate warpfire and irondrakes shit and now I have to deal with flamers as well. Shit.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • How about this as a button How about this as a button x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. tabacila Liturgist

tabacila
    Quality WH3 story spoiler found on reddit
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

• Funny x 5
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. razvedchiki Erudite Sad Loser

razvedchiki
    irondrakes can decimate whole orcy units how can you hate them.

^ Top  
  19. thesheeep Arcane Patron

thesheeep
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Only one choice:

Git gud.

^ Top  
  20. Aemar Arcane

Aemar
    Anime chinks look out of place in the Warhammer Fantasy setting.

^ Top  
  21. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    I hate anime as much as the next normal person but the faction hardly looks like that. Where's the effeminate men, oversized swords and huge tits?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. kris Arcane

kris
    Warpfire are the easiest. They are easy to use in beating the AI and they are easy to destroy if the AI use them. Their range is short and they are easily killed by any other range unit. When you take them out: GG.

^ Top  
  23. thesheeep Arcane Patron

thesheeep
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Yeah, there is 0 anime in this.

Just the usual Ancient China style as seen in Three Kingdoms.
    Plus fantasy stuff.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    The most nasty stuff with them is they can fire upwards for some reason.

^ Top  
  25. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Except Miao Ying jumping from a high rooftop in a lighting spectacle in the most anime way possible.

• retadred retadred x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.