Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Oh, wait, you guys actually wanted more regular updates after the first patch? Whoops, sorry! haha
We'll draw up a plan real soon in the next two days, promise!"
:yeah:

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
With regards to sieges sucking in Total War a good comparison is Graviteam Tactics which I recently started getting into.

When people request urban battles the developers explain that their engine would not provide a fun experience in those scenarios. So they just don't do it.

Pity CA didn't have the balls to go that way.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Imo, they should've changed/updated the engine for WH3. There are a bunch of stuff wrong with the engine that impacts the game a whole lot. You know how people complain that you can't have armies without generals anymore? Well, that's actually the way it is to combat a very nasty bug/feature (??) of the engine. Since every unit has its own movement, you can constantly attach and detach a unit to an army in order to very slowly inch the whole army in a direction you choose. I.e. you have practically unlimited movement every turn. CA's answer to this was to incise it brutally. This is how CA react to problematic things in general, they just remove the features that cause the problem. To be fair, they said this specific bug is unfixable because of how the engine works. Ergo my idea to change the engine.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
That would require a level of skill they don't possess. Even if they updated Warscape, there is only so much you can do with it and that excludes things like musket warfare.

e:
1sd7o1o481mf.png

Caim

Arcane
Such piercings would make you an inviting target to masters of the Lore of Metal.

Last edited:
I, uh, "investigated" this mod and damn, it's actually relevant content. It seems like it allows you to basically turn Miao's faction mid-campaign into a chaos faction with slaanesh units. Imagine if as any legendary lord you could dynamically succumb to the influence of chaos the same way, or if as slaanesh you could eventually recruit enemy LLs to your faction after they hit max corruption. This would be amazing as a generalized corruption mechanic.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
I, uh, "investigated" this mod and damn, it's actually relevant content. It seems like it allows you to basically turn Miao's faction mid-campaign into a chaos faction with slaanesh units. Imagine if as any legendary lord you could dynamically succumb to the influence of chaos the same way, or if as slaanesh you could eventually recruit enemy LLs to your faction after they hit max corruption. This would be amazing as a generalized corruption mechanic.

Honestly would be nice to have this kind of feature with the whole Chaos thing. Empire would be the most relevant faction for this kind of corruption. And would be a good use of Crisis like the Tutorial Campaign.

All of this are too good and thus will never be implemented by CA

Lacrymas

Arcane
Can't you technically do this now with Slaanesh? Get a good relationship with N'Kari going, build an outpost in any of his settlements and recruit his units.

Can't you technically do this now with Slaanesh? Get a good relationship with N'Kari going, build an outpost in any of his settlements and recruit his units.

You can but it doesn't really change your game in any way. You're still an untainted faction fighting all of the chaos ones and all of the other order ones are fine with allying you. You also basically have to bribe N'Kari tens of thousands of gold at the least to do it.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Yep, that’s kind of stuff that could have made this game an enjoyable one. But let’s face it it was never an option and not because CA are idiots or don’t want anybody to enjoy their game. The answer to this is money. When you have your budget heavily spent on visual assets, video and art, you simply don’t have any more resources to take care of complex in-game mechanics. Take anything retarded from TWWlll and I bet it was implemented half-ass because of this same reason. A lead said they need to spice up sieges, team came up with an idea of supply system that requires a tremendous amount of work to implement and test. Obviously it was slapped on the existing maps with 0 testing while maps themselves took a lot of manual work I am sure.

The thing that the TW community must understand is that the focus on visual assets should be abandoned in order for the series to proceed with its evolution. This means copy paste units for several factions and overall meagre variety of unique units. The focus should be on their functions instead of COOL MODELS. The latter will most certainly lead to further decline.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I get the sense from the roadmap that development team left a lot unfinished and moved on, which the DLC team has to fix. I recall this happened with WH2. Another 3-6 months of fixes before we get actual content.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
The beta for Immortal Empires will release Q3 (which means end of September most likely if it doesn't get delayed), nice. I'm always up for being an unpaid beta tester.

tabacila

Augur
I get the sense from the roadmap that development team left a lot unfinished and moved on, which the DLC team has to fix. I recall this happened with WH2. Another 3-6 months of fixes before we get actual content.

From the letter at the end of the blog I take it that the dude that ran the post release support team for WH2 is now in charge of content and bugfixing for WH3. Basically cleaning up the shit the original devs left behind just like for WH2, except now there seem to be a lot more issues with the base game compared to WH2...

For speed of delivering things I don't what this means. WH2 had atrocious support in the first 1+ year mostly because, I believe, the majority of the devs moved over to the 3K team. The skeleton crew left behind on WH2 had to do new DLCs, fix bugs (painfully slow) and solve the Norsca fuckup. They only started to get some decent release speed once more people were added back to the team.
It's honestly kinda scary that they have committed to so little new content for WH3 this year. Either the team has been gutted again, or the code in WH3 is amazingly badly written. Q3 for replenishment improvements for 2 of the Chaos factions? Fuck right off...

For future content quality for WH3 this team lead is both good and bad news imo. WH2 had some pretty solid new races, pretty decent lord packs over all and reworks for older factions were pretty good.
BUT a lot of the stuff was way unbalanced (Ikit's press button to win mechanic) and one sided (Skaven content in lord pack DLCs).
We'll see how it works out, but shit it's gonna be a bleak year for WH3. Only one lord pack DLC actually confirmed, a beta for IE and some re-colored RoRs. No new races #rip chorfs :negative:.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom