Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
upload_2022-5-15_4-38-4.png

:positive:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
That's just jumping on the bandwagon. Like I've said before, this isn't much more different than WH2. It's the same game with a dumb campaign (Vortex is also dumb) and eeehh factions. If this deserves mostly negative reviews, then so does WH2.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/twwh3-update120/

Several changes have been made to how auto-resolve calculates its outcomes:

• The outcome is now determined by the Battle difficulty setting rather than the Campaign difficulty setting.
  • The difficulty scaling of auto-resolve has been reduced on Hard (and higher) difficulty settings.
This should result in less punishing outcomes on higher difficult settings, allowing more time for you to focus on the fights that really matter in your campaign for glory. We will continue monitoring the behavior of auto-resolve and making adjustments in future builds.

Based on player feedback, we’ve made several adjustments to the behavior of AI-controlled players:

• We’ve increased the aggression levels of AI players, which should make them more inclined to initiate Siege attacks against settlements.
  • Significantly toned down the anti-player bias in the AI’s target-selection—especially on higher difficulties. The AI should now be less inclined to deploy forces over significant distances to engage the player if they are not perceived to be a particular threat.
  • The Wood Elves should be more focused on defending their capital city.
These improvements should not only help them play a more meaningful role in your campaigns, but will prevent them from developing an anti-player bias when you aren’t the immediate threat.

We’ve made several adjustments which should help improve their behavior and reactivity when engaging with enemy units:

• Ranged units will now correctly rotate and fire when ordered to shoot a target behind them.
  • Ranged units should now reform properly after rotating to engage targets behind them.
  • Resolved issues which would result in units ignoring orders and becoming unresponsive for short periods of time.
  • Resolved issues which would prevent flying units from attacking single-entity land units.
  • Reduced the delay before ranged units can fire a volley.
  • Reduced the delay before ranged units can respond to issued commands after firing a volley.
  • Removed transition animations used by Iron Hail Gunners and Armoured Kossars which resulted in an overall reduction in their damage per second. This also increases their responsiveness when ordered to move after firing a volley.
  • Implemented a partial fix for instances where units engaged in battle would ignore player-issued retreat orders and instead reengage in melee combat. We will continue to identify and make improvements in future releases.

• Fixed an issue which allowed AI players to ignore Deployables cooldowns when defending in battles.

Last edited:

Tyrr

Liturgist
This gave me some hope for the future:

Lastly, we’re keeping a critical eye on Blue Horrors in multiplayer with a higher cost—given that they are the most efficient basic infantry in the game. For 1.3, we’re discussing whether we weaken the base unit (e.g. less ammunition) while compensating for the loss via skill tree tweaks.

This means they will no longer ruin units in sp because of mp (like they Crypt Ghouls back in WH1 - I'm still angry). They already try to solve mp balance mainly by mp cost, and if they have to nerf stats, they compensate via skill trees.
This is something players asked for a long time. Skill trees are an easy way to buff/nerf units only in the sp/campaign setting.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
No patch gonna fix the problem that it’s fundamentally shit
WH2 was good, and wh3 was basically a patch for that.

What patches broke, patches can fix. But it's gonna take a long time, especially at the speed they're currently going.
I’d argue that. The most fun I had in WH2 was with vanilla factions, despite them being half-assed. As of now there’re no factions in the WH3 that appeal to me. Kislev is a Disney-ish boring meh with no interesting mechanics, units or tactics, and I cannot care less about Cathay. Even if there will be DLCs that will add new factions and enhance the old ones, I don’t think that will change the game itself making it entertaining.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
CA may have some kind of work culture disfunction. Wish someone had some legitimate insights to share on that.
I did some illegal analysis, and found they are entering job at n hours in the morning, then they have lunch pause, and then they leave job after 8 hours of work. I didn't find many possible examples of programmer doing some stuff outside work hours. And most importantly I didn't see voluntary overtimes during Saturdays, and Sundays, not even shortly before major release.

I no longer remember if n was 8 in the morning or 9 in the morning. My conclusion was they are uncreative normal workers, and there is nearly no chance to receive something groundbreaking from current CA.

They proven me right.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It's funny. When you pay attention to the AI you'll quickly realize it can't actually play the game. This is especially evident as Cathay. They consistently fail to consolidate territories and even when you try and help them out with gifts and military support they'd rather sack than occupy a town within their starting province.

Now, when there's fog of war over the AI it suddenly becomes competent again and starts to blob. How odd. :roll:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Can get it for £20 with the ogre dlc. Worth it now?

I mean thats half price? Unlikely this game will be om major official discount so if you plan to play Immortal Empire you could buy now

The main campaign as of now is kinda boring post the first 40 turns or so. Assembly Kit will not be out until Q3 so no big mods yet as well

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

The game is nothing but a regression compared to Warhammer 2.
Yes, but at some point (with IE and more patches & mods), it will become the definitive way to play TW:WH. And I have no doubt it will, eventually (in years, maybe... *sigh*) be better than WH2 is now.
WH2 won't receive anything anymore.

So buying TW:WH3 now cheap in order to actually play it later is just a good idea IMO.

Tyrr

Liturgist

The game is nothing but a regression compared to Warhammer 2.
Yes, but at some point (with IE and more patches & mods), it will become the definitive way to play TW:WH. And I have no doubt it will, eventually (in years, maybe... *sigh*) be better than WH2 is now.
WH2 won't receive anything anymore.

So buying TW:WH3 now cheap in order to actually play it later is just a good idea IMO.
WH3 is in much more competent hands now. The team that made all the WH2 DLCs and patches took over (I hope they fire the team that developed WH3).
The question is: will CA give them enough time and money to fix this mess? Looking at the Steam reviews I fear they could abandoned it like 3K or Rome 2. But WH1&2 sold so many DLCs over a long time they could still stick with WH3.

We will see what happens.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Oh hey the game is back to "only" 35% on Steam.
Too bad the forums are all dead so there is barely any feedback and what's there comes from retards.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
WH3 is in much more competent hands now. The team that made all the WH2 DLCs and patches took over (I hope they fire the team that developed WH3).
The question is: will CA give them enough time and money to fix this mess? Looking at the Steam reviews I fear they could abandoned it like 3K or Rome 2. But WH1&2 sold so many DLCs over a long time they could still stick with WH3.
I generally agree with this.

The biggest threat to WH3 becoming eventually as good as/better than WH2 is CA pulling the plug because they don't see the immediate success.

The biggest threat to WH3 becoming eventually as good as/better than WH2 is CA pulling the plug because they don't see the immediate success.

I can't imagine them doing that when they have no other stand out successful games to milk at the moment. They might have pulled the plug on Three Kingdoms a bit suddenly and early because it wasn't matching WH2 numbers but if they pull the plug on WH3 now then they might as well fire 80% of the company.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
If they pull the plug early we might see the first title in Steam to reach a 0% score in Steam, maybe even a bit of murder-suicide in their offices, you don't want to piss off Warhammer fans.
Not like I think they would anyway, they have a money-printing machine with all the DLC they can cram with WH, I think they'd sooner start splitting their DLC's in two so you pay twice for the same content as before and start selling cosmetic shit and things like that.

Lacrymas

Arcane
They probably think they can shit out a historical title and recoup the potentiality of WH3's failure, but I don't believe WH3 will fail unless people wise up to the fact the Total Warhammers aren't good games as they stand now. They haven't had another successful game in the TW series since WH1, so I wouldn't risk it if I were them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom