Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I dread any attempt at historical titles by currentyear CA. They're only slightly behind PDX in terms of wokeness.

Caim

Arcane
So the best part of the game will be released about half a year after the game released, with the same thing for TW2 being released... what, a month afterwards?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The jump in graphical fidelity between WH1 and 2 was neglibile, the jump to WH3 is tremendous and I absolutely believe they need a looot of time to update the entirety of the map.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
The jump in graphical fidelity between WH1 and 2 was neglibile, the jump to WH3 is tremendous and I absolutely believe they need a looot of time to update the entirety of the map.

Totally different art style from what (admittedly little) i've seen. It's more cartoony looking, contrast the vampire coasts with anything that's in this.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Going to be another year before wh3 ME is even playable anyways.
I have faith the wh2 patch team that took over is leagues more competent then the wh3 team that bolted but they can't do miracles in just a few months, between fixing wh3 and making mortal empires playable that's a lot to chew on and that's without working on any dlcs which i have no doubt CA is pressuring them to do asap.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I get the feeling they're spinning this "beta" as something positive and customer friendly when in reality they just need warm bodies to test the shit they themselves caused. If they release it "finished" and the campaign is as high quality as the RoC one, i.e. complete shit, the game is dead for good.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
If they release it "finished" and the campaign is as high quality as the RoC one, i.e. complete shit, the game is dead for good.

I mean IE is just empty sandbox without mechanic. You can't make it shit because design wise it will same as ME.

The only issue will be performance and I guess which provinces got cut and balance between starting positions

ADL

Prophet
Ended up blagging it off cdkeys for £20.

Runs like shit, looks slightly better. Their AA and AO implementations are still abysmal.
You lucky son of a bitch. European keys are going for almost half the price that ROW has to pay. I'm not buying this until it's $30 or less.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
If they release it "finished" and the campaign is as high quality as the RoC one, i.e. complete shit, the game is dead for good.

I mean IE is just empty sandbox without mechanic. You can't make it shit because design wise it will same as ME.

The only issue will be performance and I guess which provinces got cut and balance between starting positions

They need to bring all the races up to par, when they barely managed with the ones already in the game. New content also means new bugs.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron

They need to bring all the races up to par, when they barely managed with the ones already in the game. New content also means new bugs.

Those will not be "part of IE" per se. I don't think they will update them all on IE patch. Those kind of changes will come gradually over lifespan of the game much like the updates for WH1 races in WH2

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Going to be another year before wh3 ME is even playable anyways.
I have faith the wh2 patch team that took over is leagues more competent then the wh3 team that bolted but they can't do miracles in just a few months, between fixing wh3 and making mortal empires playable that's a lot to chew on and that's without working on any dlcs which i have no doubt CA is pressuring them to do asap.

They have nothing else to fall back on besides this.

This whole Warhammer situation is a massive cock up they've found themselves in. They killed historicals, they killed their China market, and they've now found themselves attached to satanic GW.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
This whole Warhammer situation is a massive cock up they've found themselves in. They killed historicals, they killed their China market, and they've now found themselves attached to satanic GW.

eh

like Paradox, CA with Total War has been a fairly unique genre with almost no real mainstream competitor. Until some big dev decided to go in to semi grand strategy vs massive field combat, CA will live

fizzelopeguss

Arcane

eh

like Paradox, CA with Total War has been a fairly unique genre with almost no real mainstream competitor. Until some big dev decided to go in to semi grand strategy vs massive field combat, CA will live

I'm hoping Eugen have a crack at a historical with their engine.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The only thing that can redeem W3 is if CA will make the sandbox combined map real good. Not just FLC tier shit as in W2, but like a real campaign balanced and fleshed out.

Which will not happen. Who in his right mind will be throwing money on development of a free content?

tabacila

Augur
If they understand a good Immortal Empire campaign will bring people back that will spend $$$ on their DLCs they will probably throw money at it.
WH2 was a success mostly because people stuck around for ME, even when updates were slow as shit. Difference with WH3 is that they shit the bed far harder with the original campaign and that IE is still months away so I presume a lot of people will drop the game until the big map comes out.

If they do fuck up IE as well WH3 is pretty much dead imo. We'll probably get the CDs and a few low effort smaller DLCs and then they'll do a 3K on it.

Which will not happen. Who in his right mind will be throwing money on development of a free content?

You have to own WH1 and WH2 to play immortal empires, and that opens the floodgate to people buying dozens of "old" DLCs to unlock stuff. I'm quite certain that mortal empires for WH2 made them a ton of money.

cqWcF8n.png

Unless this is a side effect of "acquiring" mortal empires content for WH2 somehow.

Codex Year of the Donut
From reading this thread I have learned one thing:
Warcucks will buy your game no matter how shitty it is as long as it has "warhammer" in the title.

zapotec

Liturgist
Question, is the AI's army composition improved or they just spam units like before?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Question, is the AI's army composition improved or they just spam units like before?

Depends on what you mean. Rocklobber armies haven't been a thing in ages, other than that it depends on what the AI has available. I've not seen any outrageous stacks myself. The minor factions will spam basic units sometimes but that's because they're programmed to. Can be changed with a mod.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom