Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline TotalBiscuit, The Cynical Brit,YouTube's #1 PC Gaming Critic, Critiques the Critique of his Critique

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
CJ5BU93UYAAw8uT.png:large

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Save a brother some time - does he say anything worthwhile?

I wasted 75 seconds on that video. My answer is no, he will not say anything worthwhile for the next 44 minutes.

Furthermore, I'm now in the camp that hopes that his ass cancer gets the better of him sooner rather than later...and I'm a cancer survivor myself.

Severian Silk

Does TB review Wii games? Because he seems pretty hardcore IMO.

Soulcucker

Savant
Jesus Christ, 45 minutes of rambling butthurt and it is not even from the ass cancer. Nearly a decade later and facing down death TB has yet to learn the value of brevity. SAD!
total_biscuits_first_post_on_sa.jpg

Last edited:

tormund

Arcane
To be fair that rant about "no, being an atheist doesn't automatically make you look smart and correct" is one of more reasonable things he has written. Plus it was written back when "internet atheism" was at its peak and message boards were dominated by would-be new atheists, so writing something like that was the equivalent of writing anti-SJW post on GAF nowadays.

But yeah, that video starts with passive aggressive attitude and takes ages to get to the point. Not sure if I want to waste my time on watching all of it, especially since this guy was never able to actually handle criticism no matter how mild or reasonable it is (getting into endless arguments over friendly and reasonable critical comments before he disabled comments on his videos, going into "WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE ME" mode everytime his video receives 8 -10% downvotes and so on).

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Its funny you should dedicate a whole thread to this one video by TB. I've always said how TB vids are the perfect sleep aid, particularly the 45 minutes talking about XYZ topic. And last night I had one of those nights where I needed something to nod off to and there this vid, uploaded only 3 hours previously, was. I was out like a light 7 minutes later. A small patreon pledge in his direction would be far cheaper than keep forking out for pills, not to mention no issue of addiction or side effects.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That rant. I give it 6/10. I pictured him wearing a fedora while writing that.

tormund

Arcane
Really? It is as close as you could get to being opposed to fedoraism back then, especially on SA. It was certainly enough to trigger a bunch of fedora-tipping goons to a point where they still link to that post every time they want to "discredit" the guy.

Deleted member 7219

Really? It is as close as you could get to being opposed to fedoraism back then, especially on SA. It was certainly enough to trigger a bunch of fedora-tipping goons to a point where they still link to that post every time they want to "discredit" the guy.

It's as if nobody ever says anything stupid on the internet that they later regret.

TB has been pretty clear about what a fucking moron he was when he wrote that forum post.

If you want to discredit TB, pick on something he's said that he hasn't later retracted. Pick him up on his popamole tendencies when it comes to shooters, for example. Or his claim that Brothers: Two Sons is the best "story-based" game ever made. He says plenty of weird stuff that he fully stands behind.

HansDampf

Arcane
Or his claim that Brothers: Two Sons is the best "story-based" game ever made. He says plenty of weird stuff that he fully stands behind.
That 2-hour-long gimmick tutorial is supposedly better than Deus Ex.
:hmmm:

But that's what you can expect from a guy who plays twenty new games per day for one hour each but rarely finishes one.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I'm not a fedora meme expert, but some things stands out. Mention his superior IQ. His political views. Quoting World of Warcraft characters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom