Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Town Planning

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by DarkUnderlord, Jan 13, 2011.

1. DarkUnderlord Professional Throne Sitter

DarkUnderlord
    [​IMG]

Red == Walls
    Blue == Roads

Maybe move the blue X (Village Claim) and make it intersect with the roads but that's the general idea.

^ Top  
  2. DarkUnderlord Professional Throne Sitter

DarkUnderlord
    ^ Top  
  3. Kruger Novice

Kruger
    ^ Top  
  4. DarkUnderlord Professional Throne Sitter

DarkUnderlord
    ^ Top  
  5. DarkUnderlord Professional Throne Sitter

DarkUnderlord
    ^ Top  
  6. DarkUnderlord Professional Throne Sitter

DarkUnderlord
    http://www.rpgcodex.net/junk/Crossroads ... g_Land.png

That the sort of thing you're talking about for the wall Kruger? The thin red line. The squares I dumped on are testing out plots at 40x40 standard sizes and grey is possible roads.

It's huge and it'll take us until next reset to build it but at least we'll have nice big plots. We'll probably also need about 100 - 200 people to fill it and keep auth up, assuming we're able to extend the village claim all the way to the walls. :lol:

^ Top  
  7. Kruger Novice

Kruger
    Looks about right :) . Idk about the auth drain, but we should be able to keep it up by ourselves. Atleast i could in Orlais that had 1.600.000 auth :)

^ Top  
  8. Archess Novice

Archess
    http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/6168/crossroadswallplans1.png

Edited a bit, the orange lines are my suggestion for wall placement and the maroon coloured bits are gates.
    I think we should avoid going in staircase patterns and also instead build around cliffs when possible as it will save us a lot of bricks and wrought instead of building a new corner post at the other end whenever we hit a cliff.

^ Top  
  9. DarkUnderlord Professional Throne Sitter

DarkUnderlord
    Good idea though the resources saved may depend on the corner. It's 10 Wrought and 300 Bricks to start a Brick Wall cornerpost, 5 Wrought and 50 Bricks to place one along an existing wall. On some of those corners, it'd cost us more Wrought to go around but will certainly save us a couple of hundred Bricks.

^ Top  
  10. Archess Novice

Archess
  11. DarkUnderlord Professional Throne Sitter

DarkUnderlord
    ... or even more.

I think the SW corner is where the good soil is ("good" being relative, as it's only 30+). Other than that, I like it. It'll save on Bricks and a lot of unnecessary corner posts.

Are we stock-piling / planting huge fields of hops to plant underneath it?

^ Top  
  12. Archess Novice

Archess
    ^Looks great, is it the final wall plans?

Also I heard someone speaking about getting Jorb to remove cliffs for us, is this possible? Because we could stand to lose some...

^ Top  
  13. Kruger Novice

Kruger
    Yeh, we are stockpiling hops atm.

Removing cliffs would be intresting, we should ask jorb if that's possible.

^ Top  
  14. Kruger Novice

Kruger
    Oh and about the wall.

It's such of a big thing that you only do it once. So it has to be done propely, even if it costs abit more. Half jobs or cheat jobs will come back to haunt you later i tell you.

^ Top  
  15. Spectacle Arcane Patron

Spectacle
    AFAIK the only time that's happened was when Burgingham managed to talk a drunk jorb into deleting a single cliff part that was preventing the Sodom brickwall from being completely symmetric. This got a lot of negative response from players who didn't like that veteran playes from world 1 seemed to be getting preferential treatment, and loftar was also negative, so I really doubt any more cliffs will be divinely deleted.

^ Top  
  16. DarkUnderlord Professional Throne Sitter

DarkUnderlord
    Sure. We'll need hops to plant as we plow it out. So we can plow, drop the Hops in and then pave over it. Small chance someone might come along and harvest all our Hops before we put the wall in - so might be an idea to do small sections at a time. Or just plant grass, re-plow, re-plant Hops and then pave for any missing spots as we get to them.

^ Top  
  17. SimpleComplexity Arbiter

SimpleComplexity
    At the river there are only wooden walls and it's the closest spot to our city core. Can't see a thick red line near it.

Question: Can you block rivers? My idea would be we block all access points which leads to our village and create a system where only somebody in those walls can leave by using the crossroads but not by using the river. Then we can use the rivers around the village as extra defense lines.

^ Top  
  18. DarkUnderlord Professional Throne Sitter

DarkUnderlord
    Yeah, at some point we'll have to tear down the pallisade there and replace it with Brick... or work out something else as to where the Brick wall will go in there. Sadly I didn't leave enough room to build the Brick on the outside all the way around like I had originally intended. :(

Nope.

^ Top  
  19. Kruger Novice

Kruger
    Hey Barry!

Could you map the missing tiles near lake aruba at the grassland. I was thinking that we could expand slightly more to the east since we need to go there anyway, gonna claim IK's clayspot. It might be cheaper, since there is some intresting cliffs.

-Kruger

^ Top  
  20. DarkUnderlord Professional Throne Sitter

DarkUnderlord
    I'll try and get on and do that within the next day or so. Been a bit caught up of late.

^ Top  
  21. Kruger Novice

Kruger
    ^ Top  
  22. SimpleComplexity Arbiter

SimpleComplexity
    We discussed this yesterday shortly, anway now everyone can read it: The plan is to make 2 shipyards, the one which already exists and another @ the north side of our village (Lake Bermuda) southest point. Trading partners from the north have a shorter way to our village by doing this. Other concerns: The current shipyard of our entrance doesn't look epic enough and is too cluttered with stuff.

^ Top  
  23. Archess Novice

Archess
    ^ Top  
  24. Kruger Novice

Kruger
    Ill have to count the tiles abit. Sometimes it's better to stop at the cliffs.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.