Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
fluent did nothing wrong

I wasn't visiting the Codex when these things happened but from the little things i gathered about this story i tend to agree with this. Yes, he wrote some weird shit, so what? This is a forum that tolerates neonazi filth and muslim cockroaches who are celebrating Christian deaths, and they suddenly ban a poster for just jokingly throwing his dick in a helicopter fashion towards a suspected grrrrlll?

Fluent was a quality poster, it was a shame they banned him.
Harassing a user by bringing a feud to other social media (or outside of the Codex in general) is too much. "Don't stalk people" basically constitutes 33% of the rules of this place: if you aren't even able to respect that, you are an idiot.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Harassing a user by bringing a feud to other social media (or outside of the Codex in general) is too much. "Don't stalk people" basically constitutes 33% of the rules of this place: if you aren't even able to respect that, you are an idiot.
Also, Fluent was never a quality poster.

Lhynn

Arcane
Also, Fluent was never a quality poster.
Yeah, but most of us arent either, and that includes you, yes YOU.
Im talking to you faggot.
Are-you-seriously-Dedicated-to-Trading-Pointing-Finger.png

Alex

Arcane
An example of bad system, D&D 5e:

In any success roll, you consider an attribute bonus that can go up to +5, a competency bonus that goes up to +6 and maybe some situational bonus, or a bonus from a feat that might sum up to +5 (note that getting to the maximum of the sum happens only at very high levels). Then you add the random element that goes from 1 to 20 with an equal probability for each value.

An example of a better system, GURPS:

You have a skill value that, for a starting but competent character should be at least 12, but can easily reach 15. Dice rolls are 3d6, giving you a very nice curve where extreme values are very unlikely, and success is determined by rolling at or below your skill level. For a normal roll (which usually represents something difficult, but not awe-inspiring), the chances of passing a roll with a skill of 12 are close to 75 percent. With a skill of 15, you will fail less than 5% of the time; while also having a good success chance with more difficult uses of the skill (at -3, which represents some pretty difficult actions already, you would succeed 75% of the time).

I say GURPS is better because, while randomness is still important there, it doesn't outshine deterministic aspects such as your character's build or your idea of how to deal with a problem.

Last edited:

Bigg Boss

Arcane
fluent did nothing wrong

I wasn't visiting the Codex when these things happened but from the little things i gathered about this story i tend to agree with this. Yes, he wrote some weird shit, so what? This is a forum that tolerates neonazi filth and muslim cockroaches who are celebrating Christian deaths, and they suddenly ban a poster for just jokingly throwing his dick in a helicopter fashion towards a suspected grrrrlll?

We even tolerate Greek commies.

Last edited:

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
An example of bad system, D&D 5e

Ah, yes. I know GURPS works just fine, but I have no experience on D&D 5e. (I'm not a balance enthuast either.)

But a bad system is a bad system regardless of if it uses dicerolls or determinism. The point is about general terms instead of handpicking singular examples that only leads to countering one another with different systems.

Good explanation, though.

Last edited:

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
fluent did nothing wrong

"I would like to begin by telling you that I don't know what I'm talking about, but here's my valuable insight anyway"

Are you a wine mom?

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Obsidian's games were never good.

KotOR 2 is an unfinished ugly mess (even with TSLRCM).
Any sane person would rather die than deal with NWN2's camera.
Alpha Protocol is worse than any Mass Effect.
Fallout New Vegas is merely "Oblivion with guns in Nevada".
Dungeon Siege III is the worst game in the Dungeon Siege series.
you forgot the later abominations making them worth burning at the stake for a reason?
the only person getting triggered by your post above is Infinitron during a POE1/2/7 kickstarter, or very dumb people

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
I am an atheist. I am fucked.
You don't have to be a believer to recognize the inferiority between various races. Even more, because Christianity, being a egalitarian religion, teaches about equality of every men.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus

Galatians 3:28

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I haven't been paying attention to BG3. I hear the apha is out. Is it gud?.

'Cause, ideally, I want it to be the continuation of the sage and everything a BG fanboi has been waiting for over the past 20 years or so.

Also, Viconia as a drow domme would be awesome, but not totally required.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom