Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trouble downloading.

Deathy

Liturgist
I've tried downloading Prelude to Darkness at several different mirrors, and each time, it doesn't work. I'm on a 56k dial up connection, so downloading takes about 4 hours each time I try it.

I'm pretty sure it isn't my end, since other files I download work fine.
Is there something about the installer that makes it error prone?

I'm really starting to get a bit annoyed with this all.

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
This is the best link to get it at, it's the high-speed server we contract with. And as far as I'm aware there's nothing in the install that makes it error prone.

Prelude to Darkness

-mat

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
oh yeah, and if all else fails, send me an address and I'll snail mail you a CD of the trial if its feasible.

-mat

Deathy

Liturgist
thathmew said:
This is the best link to get it at, it's the high-speed server we contract with. And as far as I'm aware there's nothing in the install that makes it error prone.

Prelude to Darkness

-mat

I tried that one a whole bunch of times, and the connection keeps dropping out on me. That server doesn't support resume download.

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
ah. grrr. I wasn't aware it doesn't support a resume download. Blarg. I'm looking at getting it up other places regardless.

-m

Chadeo

Liturgist
Not that it helps you, but I got it on my first try with a 56k modem, so it can work.

The internet is a flaky place at times though, and a 75 meg download is hard for a poor modem =)

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Mat,

Perhaps if you chopped it up in to more bite sized people for the modem people? Most of the content seems to small pieces, except for valley.bin.

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
that's a good idea, I could seperate it probably into three chunks of 25 megs or so. It may take me a while to do this, though.

-m

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
There's now a section for Prelude up at 3D Gamers for those who are having trouble getting it from other links.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom