Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by hexer, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Zumbabul Savant

Zumbabul
    These bars appear near items that can give you new recipes. This is predefined.

Crafting specialties are predefined. They are fixed for a given character. They serve two goals. First, they gate which type of equipment you can get. For example, Albus can craft basic potions (lvl1), Ray craft more advanced (lvl2), and Leton can craft super cool potions (lvl3). You open new characters as the game progress, and you gain new crafting options with new characters. This approach prevents you to get access to strong equipment via crafting in the early game.

The second role is to prevent leveling craftmanship by crafting low-level items. Items below lvl 30 need crafting level 1, and above lvl 30 crafting level 2. So, when you craft a level 20 item, you will level craft up to items level 30. After that point, you need to craft more advanced items.

• Creative Creative x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Rafidur Learned

Rafidur
    If you enable "high risk, high reward" difficulty, enemies will shit out items. Thanks to their newfound incontinence you should never lack materials or equipment to disassemble.

^ Top  
  3. gurugeorge Arcane Patron

gurugeorge
    Strap Yourselves In
    Aaaand it's all started rolling in. The trick was I hadn't done a high level beasts mission. I'd fancied the Golden Molar gear thing for one of my characters and I discovered it can only be found off a mob in 47V, a mission I didn't have. It had some quick low level missions (beast missions you do for some of the people in Shooter Street) and the lvl 40-ish Draki violent that I'd already done the last time I'd played, as preliminaries. I got it (qutie a good sewer mission, as it were, pretty epic as my team is only just at or slightly above that level. Then when I got back home I thought "hmm, wonder if that will open up any crafting?" And lo and behold, a whole bunch of grey rectangles (and even more not immediately craftable, but doable with a bit of breaking down, etc.) - and the more I did, the more grey rectangles appeared, the more new items kind of unfolded from the system. It was quite good fun, if a bit of a clickfest :)

Basically, it's really quite an easy system, it only seems difficult because one thinks it's more complicated to use than it is. Just play the game with a good variety of mission types and follow the grey rectangles and it all seems to roll in quite naturally :) Just from that one mission alone, plus all the stuff I'd been doing with the merely human bits (primals and all that), and some draki stiuff I'd done earlier, suddenly the whole thing has opened up and I'm up to lvl 40 blue and purple items in all the categories, with a few goldens starting to appear. Easy-peasy.

I still don't quite understand the logic and criteria, but I think it opens up certain avenues conditional on you opening up other seemingly unrelated avenues, and harvesting all the drops. IOW, if you play the game with a variety of mission types, it all just happens. Same as with the Masteries too.

^ Top  
  4. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    So they finished dlc or not?

^ Top  
  5. gurugeorge Arcane Patron

gurugeorge
    Strap Yourselves In
    The Bianca/Alisa DLC (which is very good) sort of cuts off mid-flow too. The whole story still isn't really finished, there's still a bunch of intrigue and backstory yet to be fully clarified. The introduction of elements from the great war (only recently recovered from in that word's history). such as old soldiers with no prospects turning to crime, etc. There's also more about the upper crust of society (Bianca and Giselle knew each other). And the friendship between Bianca and Alisa is quite touching, no homo - the last mission ends on a high note of them clearing a map just the two of them (Alisa Barbarian build is really something else, totally amazing).

I think the overall story is deeper than it appears at first, although it's told in the context of manwha tropes, it explores a lot of issues, and is quite touching and charming now and then - it also ranges back and forth in time and pulls in all the social classes and interest groups in society.

The overall theme seems to be a sort of "there but for the grace of God" type of thing - we could all go down dark paths, but what prevents it is the warmth of human friendship, family and the structure of society. There are lots of occasions where you feel quite empathic, if not exactly sympathetic, with the villains (including the beast monsters :) ).

^ Top  
  6. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    No, i'm talking about dlc, not about overall story. Did they finished it?

^ Top  
  7. gurugeorge Arcane Patron

gurugeorge
    Strap Yourselves In
    I'm not sure what you mean, the DLC is now part of the game (the game goes straight into it after the credits roll for what was there before), there are like 8 missions with extensive talky story introductions, mostly relating to Bianca and Alisa and the team (they join your company), and the new gangs (Clowns, etc.). Mechanically, those 8 or so missions are finished and playable, yes - and very good. There are also some violent cases to go with them too (I think about 4, going up to lvl 54).

There are some new masteries as well (quite a few new human ones too, allowing some extension of the Mastery board up to 55), new equipment and of course the new classes for Bianca and Alisa (Bianca can be Black Witch or Black Mage, Alisa can be Barbarian or White Knight).

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    ^ Top  
  8. Zumbabul Savant

Zumbabul
    Almost. One last mission is not released. If they release the updates at a usual speed, the last mission should be released at the end of November.

^ Top  
  9. gurugeorge Arcane Patron

gurugeorge
    Strap Yourselves In
    (After posting this in the Cyberpunk 2077 thread by accident lol)

I'm so addicted to this game, head's right in it. So many things to do, it's like one of those old-time shows with the guy juggling plates on sticks.

The trick for me is balancing doing builds with doing enough missions to harvest enough masteries for 2 or more builds per character. I always find I'm on that last mastery where I'm using some bizarre beast mastery, but it's not actually enough, so I have to do another mission for another 20 masteries to go into the meat grinder for that build :) Other things like pets and machines and crafting I just do as and when.

On the Troubleshooter discord someone's making a web build page - it would be great to be able to slot and unslot whatever to you heart's content so you can look at the numbers. (Although of course you can always go into the game and inspect the extra effects of masteries on your character.)
    But the gameplay's cool as fuck too.

I think this may actually be pretty close to my favourite game of all time. The only thing that's stopping it is that my heart's really not into cute anime. They did a good job with it, and I do enjoy it as presented, it's nice and charming; but I'd have preferred a more realistic and gritty art style and story with the same gameplay and build system.

I finally got exhausted by the music - not that there's anything wrong with it, but I just have it on occasionally now. The blessed silence and the sound of gunfire is lovely :) ("Guardian" is my favourite track, awesome tune, kind of a weird but very cool blend of Western orchestral game music and an East Asian melodic sensibility.)

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    Fuck off with your "realistic" shit. Can't wait to see "realistic" landwhale Irene. You disgust me.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    • That's an Elephant That's an Elephant x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. gurugeorge Arcane Patron

gurugeorge
    Strap Yourselves In
    Whoah, that came out of nowhere :)

Irene's been training hard to be a hero all her life, the last thing she'd be is a land whale.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    Yeah, so xir will be a man. With sidecut.

• rolleyes rolleyes x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Abu Antar Prestigious Gentleman Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Before anyone asks: Yes, they do ask for forgiveness.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    Ok, december 3 then. I've only seen ~half of the game so will start from beginning.

• Salute Salute x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. mediocrepoet First disciple of Mediocrites Patron

mediocrepoet
    Codex 2012 MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    And they were doing so well.

Re: "As it is the last scenario mission of DLC, we will do our best to tell you a better story."

I wonder if this is a translation weirdness or if they actually mean that they think their story to that point is subpar and it should be better. The self effacing thing is brutal, is this just a Korean cultural thing?

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I suspect their intent is to close the story thing on a high note.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Abu Antar Prestigious Gentleman Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • incline incline x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    They almost did it. No "sorry" until spoilered part.

• Funny x 6
    • Yes x 2
    • It's a matter of time x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Filthy Kalinite Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
    Has anyone told them that it's quite common to sell DLCs for money?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Despair Despair x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. gurugeorge Arcane Patron

gurugeorge
    Strap Yourselves In
    Oooh, a dash of multiplayer!

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Saark Arcane Patron

Saark
    A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    :d1p:

• incline x 9
    • Yes x 3
    • gimme dem dolla bills x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Visperas Savant

Visperas
    Finally season 2 is coming!

• incline incline x 5
    ^ Top  
  23. vonAchdorf Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

vonAchdorf
    Those guys are so friendly and dedicated, it's almost unreal.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    Are we there yet?

^ Top  
  25. NJClaw OoOoOoOoOoh Patron

NJClaw
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
    "Hello everyone, this is the Troubleshooter development team.

We recently learnt that it's quite common to sell DLCs for money.

We're sorry we didn't know this fact. Starting from tomorrow, we're going to give away our entire game for free, hoping that it will be enough for you to forgive our inexperience.

Thank you very much."

• Funny Funny x 7
    • gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • Math! Math! x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.