Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

hexer

http://www.dandylion.co.kr

Anyone playing Troubleshooter, a tactical JRPG ?
I'm only at a 3rd mission and the story and gameplay mechanics are still opening up but it's fun so far.
The game is still in Early Access but the developers are superduper active - going from 2 to 10 updates in a week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Anyone playing Troubleshooter, a tactical JRPG ?
I'm only at a 3rd mission and the story and gameplay mechanics are still opening up but it's fun so far.
The game is still in Early Access but the developers are superduper active - going from 2 to 10 updates in a week.

Had it on my wishlist for ages but not taking the plunge until it leaves EA. Looks like a decent SRPG, let us know when you've played a bit more what you think.

hexer

Had it on my wishlist for ages but not taking the plunge until it leaves EA. Looks like a decent SRPG, let us know when you've played a bit more what you think.

Sure thing , I grabbed it in EA because they might double the price or something once they leave EA.

I actually didn't plan on playing it until they leave EA but user scores were high (90%) and it has plenty of content so far (16 districts, 200 different enemies, 1000 skills) .
Right now I'm playing Single player but from what I see you can play with friends too.

Jinn

Arcane
Also been looking at this one for a long time. Seems to have a lot of promise, particularly in a sea of games lacking good Tactical SRPGs. Like others, though, I have held off on getting it because it's early access.

Would love to read any more impressions though, particularly concerning sustained difficulty, meaningful character progression, English translation quality, and how co-op is (if it is indeed co-op that is the play with friends option).

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I believe the big initial drawback to this game was that it was online only, but they have since rectified that to basically two different kinds of saves. Offline and online saves. The online save is online only, IIRC.

Modron

Arcane
Yeah I was thinking about picking that up earlier but saw the online only and peace'd out, good to see they are doing something about that.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
about to leave Early Access, great excuse to avoid the Chimera bullet

The date of full release has been postponed until April 22th, 2020.

01b43eebeef7fbf2f1d89562da2499ea736cb547.jpg

Hello, everyone. This is the Troubleshooter development team.

The development team is currently working on an ending scenario mission, fixing bugs, and applying your suggestions for translation. However, with all the work the development team is working on and due to our lack of people and capacity, we will not be able to full release on April 13th.

Due to our lack of capacity, we are putting our full release date off to April 22nd.

We are deeply sorry.

According to the change of schedule, we are planning to make regular updates on April 11th and 18th and will put our full effort to make the best out of our game along the way.

All of the inconveniences you are experiencing are the result of our lack of capacity. We once again apologize and would like to remind you that we are deeply sorry for the current situation.

Additional updates prior to full release
Date: Saturday, April 11th / Saturday, April 18th
Time:
- Saturday 09:00 ~ 11:00 CET
- Saturday 17:00 ~ 19:00 JST
- Saturday 00:00 ~ 02:00 PST
- Saturday 08:00 ~ 10:00 UTC

To compensate for the delay of full release, we will do our best to update enjoyable game contents.

073d09eaea11536380d5e80d537ca648e49be781.jpg

We would also like to inform you of some matters the development team faces regarding full release.

1. Development after full release
After full release, we will be focusing on improving inconveniences in the game and making up for the lack of game contents for a while. We will try our best to maintain the period of regular updates.
In long terms, we are going to add multi-play in some parts, partial applications of game pad, and contents we promised during early access. We will announce the development schedule regarding the above features later through road map.

2. New character
As soon as our first goal is achieved, we are going to update untold stories of episode 1. And through that, you will be able to get a new character as your company. We will also inform you of this as soon as we have it scheduled out.

3. About DLC
We understand that to keep our development team going, DLC is crucial. With full release, we are going to release OST along with it. We are also releasing digital artbook as soon as it is ready.
We are also enthusiastically considering costume DLC which a lot of you suggested. However, unlike other DLCs, this requires time and efforts which we are currently in short of. We will get right into it and release costume DLC reflecting various concepts you suggested as soon as the development team has the resource for it.

4. Discount on Launch
From the date of full release, we are going to give you a 20% discount on our game for two weeks. The profits gained will be invested back into the development to provide you all with better experiences and more enjoyable game contents in Troubleshooter.

Please feel free to ask anything about full release.

Thank you very much.

Jinn

Arcane
Hmmm, so it's technically supposed to be out right now, but they must have run into a hitch somewhere. I kind of want to get it since I've been eyeing it up for so long, but I was going to try to wait for that discount to kick in.

EDIT: also decided to watch a bit of stream VOD with one of the latest builds of the game. Holy shit this has an insane amount of customization and complexity for a game of this type. Pretty impressive stuff.

Here's some of the stream, starting right at the end of a battle. You'll get a good feel for the depth of character building and customization is present.

Last edited:

oscar

Arcane
Game is fully released

20% off on Steam, gonna take the plunge..

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
20% off on Steam, gonna take the plunge..

Yeah, think I'm right there with you. Really impressed by the ambition of this game. You can also tell how much the developers poured their passion into it.

Last edited:

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Also bought. No idea when I'll get to it but had my eye on it for ages and lots of positive high playtime reviews tipped me over the edge.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What's the customisation scenario here, prefab or from scratch?

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Seems like Xcom with pre-set characters. There were dialogue choices during the intro mission which seemed to affect character stats but I never got into any menus, it just shuffled from battle to battle without any pauses.

Dialog is Engrish and the story is vapid anime nonsense (kids getting trained to fight crime). Couldn't stand to play more than 20 minutes.

Jinn

Arcane
Seems like Xcom with pre-set characters. There were dialogue choices during the intro mission which seemed to affect character stats but I never got into any menus, it just shuffled from battle to battle without any pauses.

This is describing the tutorial.

Dialog is Engrish and the story is vapid anime nonsense (kids getting trained to fight crime). Couldn't stand to play more than 20 minutes.

You made up your mind about the game in 10-20 minutes of tutorial. That's your call, but not an actual assessment of the game. There is a ton of stuff you haven't seen at all yet, like the mastery system, the character customization, the item and equipment system, the reputation/district system, etc. It's fine if you're playing a game like this for the story and you just can't get past it, but I don't think that's what a lot of us would be playing for.

Just posting this so people (such as Modron) don't dismiss the game based on this very brief experience with it. There's a ton going on.

I'm a couple hours in and the game mechanics are still opening up. It's really interesting. Only other game I can think to compare it to is Vigilantes, in that it has a basic XCOM feel to it, except this seems to have a lot more going on, particularly in the character progression department. Also, the translation isn't even that bad. I've seen much worse in independent localization projects. It's very workable. If you've played anything like Tale of Wuxia, this is leaps and bounds above it. More on par with something like Gujian 3, which is compliment in this regard. The story isn't terrible so far. It's a decent setup for being the leader of a specialized private detective agency.

Last edited:

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
You made up your mind about the game in 10-20 minutes of tutorial.

I finished the tutorial, according to the game. Go to the next missions and it was just forced with some ugly fatass guy. When does it open up?

It seemed like the VN-style of non-stop verbal diarrhea. I've already got the entire Cold Steel series in my docket, hardly need more of this right now.

Jinn

Arcane
I finished the tutorial, according to the game. Go to the next missions and it was just forced with some ugly fatass guy. When does it open up?

That very first part of the tutorial is like, 5-8 minutes tops. It's the most basic functions of the mechanics.

It seemed like the VN-style of non-stop verbal diarrhea. I've already got the entire Cold Steel series in my docket, hardly need more of this right now.

I'd say there was more explanation of game mechanics going on than actual exposition, but again, that's fine. I'm just saying, the game is much more gameplay oriented than story, at least from what I've play so far. I don't want people getting the wrong idea.

Zyondyne

Learned
So would anyone say the game is in a playable state or is it the kind of game where it's better to wait some months before jumping in?

Jinn

Arcane
So would anyone say the game is in a playable state or is it the kind of game where it's better to wait some months before jumping in?

Absolutely in a playable state now. Haven't encountered a single bug or anything that has impeded my gameplay in the five hours I've played it.

Lhynn

Arcane
Been playing it since last night, im definitely buying it. Just hesitating because my old comp can barely run it, when i get my new one ill see how it runs it and buy it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom