Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Try my character sheet

Servo

Arcane
http://pajamaman.github.io/CharacterSheet

It's pretty "dumb" in the sense that you still have to know what you doing. It won't calculate armor/shield bonus, base attack bonus, carrying capacity, spells per day or any of that stuff - you have to put it in manually.

What it does is keeps all the fields in sync, so when an ability mod changes the corresponding fields in the skills table change as well. Totals are updated automatically, etc. So it takes care of a lot of the book keeping, but it doesn't actually implement the rules. I may change that depending on usage.

Also, whenever a field changes it saves to DOM storage immediately (kind of like a cookie). You can also download a copy with the button in the top left corner, and load it later.

Feel free to leave feedback. The one thing I probably won't do is make it compatible with older browsers. I'm on Firefox 31, but will make sure it's working on 24 tomorrow. This usually covers Chrome as well.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
I think it's a nice sheet...
Readable and neatly organized, I was able to determine at a glance where everything is, that's always a big plus. You could maybe enlarge some fields? Since you have so much space in between them, that would still be quite readable imho.

If I could add a little nitpick... The "spells known/prepared" field is a joke. Too small to be of relevance after a couple of level, Ill' ditch that field and maybe add a separate sheet for spells.

Also, but this is very personal and less relevant, I love paperdolls on character sheets. I have different silohuettes (Male, female, elf, dwarf etc) and a special equipment sheet with an empty field in the middle. Once combined you have the paperdoll and a 360° spacious field where to write. The most artistic players decorate theirs, others just write a short description with a line connecting it to the relevant body part.
Incredibly useful. When you lose a body-part, for example the right hand, I wish to know EXACTLY where you had that +2 protection ring.
That's not just saying... Is actually something I did :P

Servo

Arcane
If I could add a little nitpick... The "spells known/prepared" field is a joke. Too small to be of relevance after a couple of level, Ill' ditch that field and maybe add a separate sheet for spells.

You did notice that it scrolls, right? I wanted to replicate the PHP 3.5 character sheet as closely as possible, but I've always hated the way spells are presented on it. That's why I combined the spells per day and spell list tables. Granted, scrolling would be a problem if you printed it. I didn't think about that.

Also, but this is very personal and less relevant, I love paperdolls on character sheets.

That's a good idea. I'm toying with the idea of adding different layouts and letting the user choose. I just wanted to get this beta out first.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Yes I noticed it scrolls... But when I think "character sheet" I think pen&paper, sorry... I never played via web, always did in my room with physical people, so I always think about the practicality as a physical sheet.

That said I never found a satisfying spell record, what my players usually do is printing the whole spell list I allow in my campaign underlining the ones they get. Easier for priests (duh!)
If you manage to invent a practical solutions, much brofists to you!

You know, up to a couple years ago I used to compile all my NPCs in interactive sheets like yours. I would have LOVED it back then...
Nowadays I just add NPCs in my Combat Manager library and... ya està

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom