Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RTS Trying to find this old RTS game I used to play

deama

Prophet
So I've been trying to find this old RTS game that I played a very, very long time ago, but can't remember the name of it, can't seem to find it either.
Here are some key points that I remember:
-Graphics were similiar to that of starcraft 1, maybe add in some fallout into it as well.
-The setting was definitely post-apoc of some kind as I remember some missions had ruined cities/places.
-I don't remember there being any human-type units, they were all vehicle based units most looked like tanks, not sure about aircraft. I don't remember there being any mech-type units.
-Not sure what the country of origin was, but I definitely remember it was english dubbed.
-It was a typical RTS mechanics-wise, you would have this giant pit that you could build an iron extractor ontop of, and then you could send out these trucks that would collect it from the extractor and bring it back to your main base building. I think you might have also been able to construct automatic extractors, but they weren't as effective?
-I remember you being able to build power-plants, when they got destroyed, they emitted a nuclear type of gas area where you couldn't build and units would take damage over time, this effect would go away after a while though. I don't actually remember what the power-plants were used for though, electricity maybe?
-I played this in early 2000s, but I'm pretty sure the game was released years before that, from memory, I think it looked like it was made in the late 90s, maybe early 2000s I guess.
-No clue if this was a standalone game or a mod, but I remember there being a decent amount of voice acting for each of the units (it was good too, from my memory). I don't remember if there was any voice acting in the campaign, or even if there were any cinematics, I don't think there were any cinematics actually, but I'm not 100% sure.

Anyone got any ideas?

dark planet

i wouldn't know, i never played it, have no idea how the game was, i'm here only to fuel your false hopes.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
There is another RTS i have been trying to remember but can't. I remember playing a demo of it in the late 90s. It seemed to be fantasy/medieval but probably had some steampunk elements too. It wasn't from any known series of RTSes. I think it had around 4 or more resources to gather, and it was fairly typical in terms of gameplay to other RTSes of the time. I played it on a Pentium 150mhz with 32mb ram, so it wasn't much demanding. Anyone have any ideas about obscure RTSes like that? Just wanted to find it for nostalgia sake

deama

Prophet
There is another RTS i have been trying to remember but can't. I remember playing a demo of it in the late 90s. It seemed to be fantasy/medieval but probably had some steampunk elements too. It wasn't from any known series of RTSes. I think it had around 4 or more resources to gather, and it was fairly typical in terms of gameplay to other RTSes of the time. I played it on a Pentium 150mhz with 32mb ram, so it wasn't much demanding. Anyone have any ideas about obscure RTSes like that? Just wanted to find it for nostalgia sake
What were the graphics like? Was it similiar to warcraft 1/2 or C&C?

sser

Arcane
Developer
"It was an RTS in the late 90s and you collected resources."

:nocountryforshitposters:

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex

Warlords Battlecry?

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
No it wasn't Battlecry, sadly. It was somewhat older than it, and IIRC the interface bar was not on the buttom but a sidebar. It did have kind of similar visual style though, although less detailed. Must have been circa 1997-1998, and it was definitely an indy title, i don't think it belonged in any known rts series. I have tried looking for it but failed.

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
No it wasn't Battlecry, sadly. It was somewhat older than it, and IIRC the interface bar was not on the buttom but a sidebar. It did have kind of similar visual style though, although less detailed. Must have been circa 1997-1998, and it was definitely an indy title, i don't think it belonged in any known rts series. I have tried looking for it but failed.

'Tzar: Burden of the Crown' has a sidebar interface, but it was released in 2000:

'7 Kingdoms: Ancient Adversaries' has a sidebar interface, but it doesn't play like a typical RTS:

Alfgart

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Rising Lands maybe? It was medieval/steampunk in a post-apoc world. Pretty standard RTS

deama

Prophet
What about the game, was it any good?
Haven't played it yet, it's sitting on my list and I'll get to it after I finish my 4th playthrough of underrail.
Not exactly sure if I can get it to run though.

Guvide

Educated

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom