Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Turbine, LotRO and asorted shit

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by Lhynn, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Lhynn Arcane

Lhynn
    Found this thread on another forum

Its a fairly interesting read, but theres a lot of uninteresting shit there, a dude in a different forum went through the trouble of salvaging the good content and quotes from said thread. Basically butthurt veteran employee telling it like it is, i think he used to work in westwood or some shit. Anyway, great stuff for anyone thinking about getting into the gaming industry, its not just Turbine specific.

Continue in part 2

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Lhynn Arcane

Lhynn
    Part 2

Continued in part 3

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Lhynn Arcane

Lhynn

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Lhynn Arcane

Lhynn

Jesus fuck, even copy pasting this shit was painful, all credit to some cuck named Yobai, the undertaking of rescuing all these great quotes and industry insights goes entirely to him, i merely infinitroned it.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Xorphitus Learned

Xorphitus
    How long will it be until DDO and LOTRO join Asherons Call?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Lhynn Arcane

Lhynn
    Not likely to happen, both games are Standing Stones livelyhood, and until they procure something else or develop it on their own they wont be shutting them down.
    Getting the MMOs probably costed the crew their severance money, so im guessing they are putting all their eggs into those two baskets.

• Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  7. Bester ⚰️☠️⚱️ Patron Vatnik

Bester
    I know all this shit by heart and you can replace LOTRO with any X MMO and it'll all be true, but I still can't uncringe my face after reading this.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
  9. Rahdulan Arcane Patron

Rahdulan
    Hey, at least they hinted at model updates in the Moria expansion for LotRO.
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showth...new-Standing-Stone-team&p=7677506#post7677506

And that whole license renewal that everyone was panicking about not so long ago is apparently a "non-issue".
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showth...new-Standing-Stone-team&p=7678093#post7678093

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Xorphitus Learned

Xorphitus

Hopefully they can keep them going awhile longer.

^ Top  
  11. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard

Sounds exactly like Cryptic.

^ Top  
  12. BaconAndEggs Augur

BaconAndEggs
    I'm gonna miss Asheron's Call, though. There wasn't an MMO like it and there hasn't been once since. :salute:

^ Top  
  13. v1rus Arcane

v1rus
    And here I came, all excited we are a making LotRO codex guild :M

Oh well, quite an interesting read. Huge af tho, read the first post, the rest I'm saving for my morning coffee.

Nothing goes better with some well-deserved bad mouthing than the morning coffee. :bounce:

^ Top  
  14. Commissar Draco Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I am playing the game Comrade now; not really into this Fellowship shit but I did played with others a few times; the beauty of this game is its plays like Single player non dumbed down Oblivion... but if you interested in this Codex Guild shit send me a pm... I do had a few places I missed cause they were a few instances too hard for even Blue Path Captain to complete.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. v1rus Arcane

v1rus
    I have been having an MMO itch I cant scratch for quite a while, since I just cant find the game I want to play at the moment.

LotRO has been a serious contender since the itch started, but I have yet to give it a second go. Gave TOR a try an hour ago, and it seems like there is no way in hell anything can good out of that mess, so the search continues. If (when actually) I decide to try out LotRO again , Ill be letting you know :salute:

What server are you on? I have a level 50 something Lore-Master on one of EU ones, but fuck me if I can remember which. And ye, the game is completely playable solo, and looks fucking majestic.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. It's an MMO. Who cares.

^ Top  
  17. oscar Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

oscar
    Fun classes/races for me and an irl friend (both pretty inexperienced with MMOs) to play?

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Drakron Arcane

Drakron
    You know what is funny?

Daniel Stahl back when he was STO Executive producer once mentioned that Cryptic didnt had the money or the staff like Turbine did, now that is just humorous but its hilarious that since I read that AFTER I started playing STO that was after PWE brought Cryptic, since WB brought Turbine in 2010, naming Turbine was already in the shit when good old Stahl made that comment.

As much Perfect World is a shitty company ... at least they arent fucking Warner Bros, you just had to look at Monolith to see what would happen but hey, it was 2010 and PW was Chinese ... who's laughing now?

^ Top  
  19. dibens as seen on shoutbox Patron

dibens
    :salute:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Exar Kun Scholar

Exar Kun
    Lotro impressed me in how good of a middle earth simulator it is and how responsive the gameplay is. Very polished and detailed game, graphics have held up, and the animations are pretty. Most big IP WoW clones (SWTOR, STO, WAR) have had clunky gameplay, unresponsive UI's and glitchy animations.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. Helton Arcane

Helton
    Toilet paper right by PC. Old man can still get his fap on.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.