Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Twilight 2000 by Fria Ligan Kickstarter

The original was quite crunchy as far as I can remember; I wonder how they will handle it. I'm tempted to back it because it looks like they'll go with the 1980s v1 scenario instead of retconning stuff like they did in later versions, after the wall fell.

Silva

Arcane
The original was quite crunchy as far as I can remember; I wonder how they will handle it. I'm tempted to back it because it looks like they'll go with the 1980s v1 scenario instead of retconning stuff like they did in later versions, after the wall fell.
The author gave an interview saying it will be the 1980s V1 scenario you mention above. Also, the rules will be more granular than Free Leegue previous games (Mutant Year Zero, Forbidden Lands, etc), yet lighter and more playable than the original ones. That means lots of survival stuff like scavenging for supplies, avoiding radiation poisoning, maintaining gear and bases, keeping cool under stress, etc. but each of those mechanics will probably be simple and fast to resolve.

This seems to mesh well with other stuff from the 80s like Chernobyl/Stalker, Escape from New York, Mad Max 1, The Day After, etc. I'm excited.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom