Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Twilight Struggle

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
This game is currently #1 on the BoardGameGeek ranking.

It's a relatively lightweight Cold War themed strategy game with cards, meaning mostly that a game takes much less time than say Axis&Allies but still has strategic depth.

pic361592_md.jpg

pic1400768_md.jpg

Have any Codexers played this? I'd be interested in opinions.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It's quite good. But I've had trouble finding players for it in the past. The board game playing crowd I know are people I usually meet in groups, so 2-player games tend to be cast aside in favour of 4-6 player ones.

Gregz

Arcane
Twilight Struggle

I admit that I struggled too for a while...everyone made fun of Twilight and I laughed with them without knowing what I was mocking...but then one magical night, it was on cable. I said to myself "why not, I gotta see why people make fun of this, it could be funny".

The rest is history.

Don't struggle, don't resist...if you're meant to become a Twihard...you will. :obviously:

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
The game is awesome. It gets better and better with each playthrough.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
My experience is limited, but it seems like foreknowledge of the cards is an advantage.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Good game, but I sold my copy pretty fast, since for me 2-player board games are rather pointless, as they are easily supplanted by more universal 2-4 and 2-5 player games. Not to mention local multiplayer video games.

Digital version is a cool idea, though, especially if the AI is decent.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom