Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Two recommendations :

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Two things still bug me in newfag codex :

• The fact that BB code editor doesn't provide you with auto tags (or whatever you call them) :
    Code:
    [quote][/quote] , [img][/img] , [b][/b] , etc.
    I don't care much for the rich text editor and it would be nice if we had the old options when we shift to the BBcode editor.

• I really liked how in the old codex you had the "view my posts" link in the forum section. That one worked differently than the one we have now. Now when you click "show my content" , the search brings up all your posts by date. The old search showed only the threads you have replied to and you could see if there were any new replies since your last visit. I found that very handy since it worked like "what's new ?" but only for the threads I had participated. As far as I can tell you can't do this now. Unless I'm missing something, I'd like it back.

:obviously:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Edit your options to watch any thread you post in. Check watched threads. Profit. You can even choose to watch threads you don't want to bother posting in, and can stop watching them if they tun derpy.

Editor thing I can get behind though. Better UI is always a good thing.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I've been fighting the bbcode editor, trying to make it work for the content page. Basically I've reached the point where if it's not a pre-existing mod I can install, it won't happen. I'll have to level up my skills before I have another stab at a few things.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Edit your options to watch any thread you post in. Check watched threads. Profit. You can even choose to watch threads you don't want to bother posting in, and can stop watching them if they tun derpy.

Editor thing I can get behind though. Better UI is always a good thing.

Yeah, I've thought of that. Thing is that I'm using the "watch thread" option to keep track of certain useful/great threads in the codex and I don't want them to get lost with all the rest.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Another thing, is it possible to add the functionality to sort search results by "Replies" , "Views" , or "Last Message" ? By clicking on the aforementioned column titles, or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom