Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ubisoft does it again...

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Behold, Ubisoft's new steam.

After starforce I really couldn't think they can get any lower, but...

Will I need to be online the whole time when I play the game? Including for single player?
Yes. You will need to have an active Internet connection to play the game, for all game modes.

What will happen if I lose my Internet connection when I play the game?

If you lose your Internet connection the game will pause while it tries to reconnect. If the Internet Connection is unable to resume you can continue the game from where you left off or from the last saved game.

:smug:

racofer

Thread Incliner
riso4ielt5.gif

Micmu

Magister
Haha now watch them collect and abuse statistics and suspend single player accounts (!) for inventory swastikas, characters named DizNigga and "rude" behaviour on their forums.
Brilliant.
it will be cracked within a week.
Indeed. So there is absolutely no point in buying an original if it comes with buttfuck malware :)

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Watch the release of every Ubisoft game turn into a failed MMO launch as thousands of players are unable to connect due to weak servers.

Tails

Arbiter
Oh noes, this will surly decrease piracy, about -95% I guess.

bhlaab

Erudite
Luzur said:
it will be cracked within a week.

from what i hear it's already been cracked, since it's just anno1401 all over again and is likewise based on tages

MetalCraze

Arcane
DriacKin said:
MetalCraze said:
Good thing Ubisoft doesn't release good games anymore.

Maybe not, but this may convince other major studios to start using similar shit.

So? Major studios don't release good games.
The better games that came out last year (like an addon for CMSF, ArmA2, Risen, KotC, Blood Bowl etc) are being made by 3-30 people and published by small publishers (if not self-published)

Of course if you will want to play another one of those 10s and 10s of shitty clones of Halo or Kill-Switch that may be a problem.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Can't really say it better than Darth Roxor.

Also; this will make convincing the anti-piracy, lawabiding citizens much easier.

Breaking the law, breaking the law.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
GeneralSamov said:
If the Internet Connection is unable to resume you can continue the game from where you left off or from the last saved game.

So... where's the bloody point?

It probably means if you're unable to connect because your dog bite the cable, have to leave the game and return another day.

But the fucking thing doesn't make sense at all. I HAVE PASSED THE FIRST CHECK SO NOW THAT I'M PLAYING I'M GONNA CRACK IT!! FFS

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom