Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

UFO2: Extraterrestrials - actually finally out

Citizen

For anyone still believing in ET2, here's a mirror:
_pdp_sq_

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
i still have some hope since the original czechjank UFO game was in development hell for eternity, but i also know that i should keep my optimism in check

somewhatgiggly

Scholar
Hear me out - combat mission IN SPACE

Just wanted more WEGO games...

that already exists. battlestar galactica: deadlock and star hammer: the vanguard prophecy

I think they're referring to like, squad missions in space - around stations, on ship hulls, the like?

Space is so stupid; you can arrange a hundred guys with guns in suits behind floating sandbags or w/e and probably take down a invading force, or at the least, dent them. Space is weird.

Inspectah

Savant
Funnily enough the basttlestar galactica game is part of what I want - combined arms WEGO game. If 0g could be tactically implemented for footman that'd be Just cool as hell

laclongquan

Arcane
Nov or December I checked on FB with their devs. They are fixing a few bugs. Not commit to any hard date though.

So just keep waiting.

And here I was nearly finished with UFO Afterlight and nothing to play next.

somewhatgiggly

Scholar
All I hope is that it's just bugs, and not trying to shove in NuCom features/feature creep/retrofitting. Not every TTB has to be like NuCom down to a T. I honestly prefer if it wasn't.

rezaf

Cipher
in 2013, which is 7 years ago, devs said the game was close to release.

draw your own conclusions

Like FEDSMOKER wrote earlier, ist was the Same deal with the previous game, so I'd presume the game will in fact come out eventually. With extremely high probability it will be rather underwhelming, though. When the first game was in the making, there was no OpenXcom, there was no Xenonauts and there was no NuXcom either. That's quite the competition, no matter where you're coming from or what you are looking for as a player.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Inquisitor eventually came out too, so who knows .. maybe somewhere in Czech Republic, behind a window with ice flowers, there is still a PC with Windows XP and a bearded someone occasionally working on it, when they have electricity.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The homepage is a welcome blast from the past.
I love it.

Still weird to think they're actually still working on this. I mean.... what did they do in the meantime?

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I think xenonauts 2 will be released before this.. I can't believe the gameplay video from p1 is 10 years old.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom