Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

UFO2: Extraterrestrials - actually finally out

geno

Savant
Banner3_releaseDate2.jpg

Luka-boy

Arcane
:what:

I remember following the development of the first one really closely back in the day, since there weren't any decent turn-based X-COM-like games back then and they even had Snakemen. Then I played it for a few days and returned to TFTD with XComUtils.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.facebook.com/UFO2ET/posts/2980872898624197

Since the early 2009 the Chaos Concept have been developing UFO2Extraterrestrials: Battle for Mercury, sequel/prequel to UFO:Extraterrestrials.

The story takes place on Earth, before the events that occurred in the original UFO:ET. The game actually takes place just before the events leading up to the human colonization of the planet Esperanza.

Release date has been set to 20th of the May 2020.

lightbane

Arcane
If this does come out... Well then, it will be another good XCOM game to play that won't require Chinese spyware to boot, unlike Phoenix Point.

Citizen

WHAT??? There was no activity on the site for half a year, they still had a "Release Fall 2019" banner on a main page a month ago. I thought it was confirmed vapourware :argh:

Anyway I'm hyped for this. OG Extraterristrials was the first x-com-type game I've ever played, so I'm putting my nostalgia goggles on and preparing muh money

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
i remember hearing about this in like 2015, and since the original was in development hell for years as well, it's par for the course that the bigger-and-better sequel would take much longer

what i remember the most about UFO 1 is that it was a very... odd, but atmospheric and enticing XCOM alike

Mazisky

Magister
I played the first one, it was low budget but the closer thing to xcom avaiable in that moment.

I remember when they announced this sequel (ET2) with a quote :"we are working on in since 3 years already", in the same period Firaxis had just released the first NuXcom. Yes, the first, imagine how old is this game development, basically it started along with nuxcom one

somewhatgiggly

Scholar
I'm just glad for more OG Xcom games. This, Xenonauts 2, and Terra Shield are slow on updates but someone is working on them. That's three new games, hopefully, and maybe they'll spark more.

All I want is global reach. Global responsibility. Global war. Multiple bases, a proper military force fighting another military force with turn based battles and real time geoscape. UFO AI did some things right, and wrong. UFO Afterwhats did some things right, and some things wrong. It builds up, at least. One day.... I don't want it to be numbed down to the point that it's NuCom. I want it old and raw.

I'm gonna try to finish UFO ET before this releases. Never did like the colony thing back then but hey looking on it now it is a convenient excuse for a backstory....

Last edited:

Mazisky

Magister

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
I remember the first one, was kind of a janky budget version of the current Xenonauts game. Really no desire for a 2nd as Xenonauts is simply superior. Funny that its in development limbo.

somewhatgiggly

Scholar
Oh, right! This was supposed to come out. Yea...right.

I played UFO ET 1 and wow. That was janky. QOL and polish goes a long way and is sorely missed. But still, I could do more than NuCom.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Hg2jKJV.png

Now they say September: https://www.facebook.com/UFO2ET/posts/3193349107376574

Good evening,
Sadly I have to admit, the UFO2 won't be released on May. The release has been put off to September 2020.
UFO2 is more or less completed, however it still generates some bugs.. So far more than 2000 bugs have been resolved. Please be patient. If you have any ideas how to promote UFO 2 let us know please. Once UFO2 introduction trailer is released , perhaps more players will be attracted to UFO2 as it is close to Gollop's UFO:Enemy Unknown introduction as you will see yourselves.. Tha't is all for now. Keep safe so that you coul buy UFO2 ;) and have a fun. Actually would you prefer the UFO 2 to be more difficult or less? Thank you.

m_s0

Arcane
Tha't is all for now. Keep safe so that you coul buy UFO2 ;) and have a fun. Actually would you prefer the UFO 2 to be more difficult or less? Thank you.

krrTFrn.png

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
Might as well beat the original to completion while they figure out what they're doing

somewhatgiggly

Scholar
September's right across summer, this is fine, if it's true, of course. 2000 Bugs? Damn. The guy could release a log of a bug per day to keep people sated with news.

Citizen

Hg2jKJV.png

Now they say September: https://www.facebook.com/UFO2ET/posts/3193349107376574

Good evening,
Sadly I have to admit, the UFO2 won't be released on May. The release has been put off to September 2020.
UFO2 is more or less completed, however it still generates some bugs.. So far more than 2000 bugs have been resolved. Please be patient. If you have any ideas how to promote UFO 2 let us know please. Once UFO2 introduction trailer is released , perhaps more players will be attracted to UFO2 as it is close to Gollop's UFO:Enemy Unknown introduction as you will see yourselves.. Tha't is all for now. Keep safe so that you coul buy UFO2 ;) and have a fun. Actually would you prefer the UFO 2 to be more difficult or less? Thank you.

He's probably so drunk he forgot that the game is long abandoned, and instead of texting an ex like the normal people do in such situations, decided to shitpost on his vaporware creation website

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
UFO2EXTRATERRESTRIALS BATTLE FOR MERCURY FEATURES:
  • A fully 3D game combining real-time global strategy & air combat with turn-based tactical missions
  • A turn-based “I-Go-You-Go“ tactical squad-based game system
  • Interactive environments with destructible terrain.
  • A large number of technologies, weapons, and combat units to develop
  • A large number of aliens to interrogate
  • Strong RPG elements where soldiers’ stats improve with experience
  • Dynamic lighting for intense fire-fights
  • Final Gameplay design and balance tweaks by the author of the popular original UFO:ET Bman Ease of Use Mod.
:)

somewhatgiggly

Scholar
I don't get the title - Battle for Mercury ? - but w/e.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom