Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline ULTRAKILL - Fast-paced retro FPS inspired by DMC - now available on Early Access

Ivan

Arcane
If it provides a great feeling that's more worthwhile to me than a campaign that drags on with mediocre gameplay. I haven't tried it myself, but everyone that talks about it does so with great enthusiasm so I have pretty high expectations that it will be fucking awesome.

Latelistener

Arcane
ULTRAKILL ACT 2 RELEASE DATE

Sooner than SOON™
August 16th, 2022.

14 days.

ULTRAKILL

Remember: We will be raising the base price of the game after Act 2 releases so buy the game now.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1229490/announcements/detail/3394043555424843734

Curratum

It's act 2 if 3. Stay tuned for the full game in 2025. Dave must be doing progressively harder drugs if he thinks he can sell the full thing for 30 eur.

Mary Sue Leigh

Erudite
Didn't manage to connect with this either.
Guess the closest Quake 1 experience I had in recent times, if that's your thing, was HROT.
It's kind of soviet times Yugoslavia Quake or something idk.
Has the drab visuals, weird looking enemies and depressing soundscape down to a tee.
Sadly no NiN soundtrack.

Curratum

Latelistener are you a transwoman or a non-binary person? Because you're NewBlood's biggest cheerleader in this place and the majority of NB's fanbase consists of transwomen and non-binary people with pronouns and flags in their twitter.

Latelistener

Arcane
Latelistener are you a transwoman or a non-binary person? Because you're NewBlood's biggest cheerleader in this place and the majority of NB's fanbase consists of transwomen and non-binary people with pronouns and flags in their twitter.
You have confused me with someone else. I just enjoy trolling some idiot over this game's success.

Egosphere

Arcane
Tried this for a few hours on the hardest difficulty. It's difficult to describe it, but I think the game that's closest to it is .. Hotline Miami. You have the gaudy visuals, the frenetic pace, the level rankings and some really obscure secrets that open up new content. Overall it's quite enjoyable. The skill ceiling is ridiculously high, from what I've seen on youtube. There's a plethora of moves and combos that the game does not describe (punching your shotgun shells turns them into a rocket, shooting a coin when it shines splits it in half and does 2 critical hits to the enemy etc ). There are i-frames for dodges, and parrying of some attacks. There's a lot of this stuff that I don't recall being in any other shooter, so you can't criticize the game for not trying to differentiate itself. The health replenishment mechanic is smart, forcing you to get close to and gib enemies. The problem is that your skill might be the biggest determinant of the enjoyment you derive from it. If you suck, you'll be hiding to block enemy attacks, taking potshots from far away, running away from the dangerous enemies etc. and that will make the game a bore.

I haven't played the game since like a month after Act 2 released, but I remember Act 1 fondly as a solid experience to the point of P-ranking all the levels in it and coming out of it with a generally good experience.
Great and generally fun maps, fun little secrets, bossfights that are pretty solid (V2 responding to how you play and having the same skillset/weapon loadout you do was a really fun mirror match).

And then there's act 2.
Holy fuck, I consistently wanted it to end.
Mediocre new additions, boring bossfights and shitty gimmick focused levels that drag on for TOO LONG.

Egosphere

Arcane
Haven't reached act 2 yet, disappointing if so. Act 1, especially the first layer, is bags of fun.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
So when this supposed to fully come out?

You have the gaudy visuals, the frenetic pace, the level rankings and some really obscure secrets that open up new content. ... The skill ceiling is ridiculously high, ... There's a plethora of moves and combos that the game does not describe ... There are i-frames for dodges, and parrying of some attacks. There's a lot of this stuff that I don't recall being in any other shooter, so you can't criticize the game for not trying to differentiate itself.
Yes the game is taking obvious inspiration from Devil May Cry

And honestly more combat oriented action games should

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom