Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underrail Dev Log #44: New trailer, release date is now December 18th

Lexxx20

Learned
So, exactly how many hours are left till release?

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I hate the graphics. Or rather the art style. Everything is puke-green or shit-brown. But otherwise, my body is ready.
W2 and D:Os doesn't suffer from this. They have bad writing, pure and simple. Shadowrun has a small amount of writing, but it is biowarian. It sucks. AoD has a lot of writing, but it's excellent. I think that people who just want to kill things should just come out in the open and say this, instead of using this red herring about excessive writing.
I think you're forgetting something. Most of what you say is true but Shadowrun Dong Kong definitely has excessive completely irrelevant backstory bloat. That's the only game where I'd say it's excessive. Dragonfall did it perfectly, making the characters seem interesting and especially Glory was well done. But in Hong Dong it's just boring and irrelevant stuff to click through. It reads like bad fan fiction. Because that's exactly what it is.

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I think you're forgetting something. Most of what you say is true but Shadowrun Dong Kong definitely has excessive completely irrelevant backstory bloat. That's the only game where I'd say it's excessive. Dragonfall did it perfectly, making the characters seem interesting and especially Glory was well done. But in Hong Dong it's just boring and irrelevant stuff to click through. It reads like bad fan fiction. Because that's exactly what it is.

Are you forgetting PoE's endless amount of uselesss kickstarter background stories and lore-dumps or did your mind purposefully block that memory so you can slowly process the trauma with your psychiatrist over the next few years?

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Are you forgetting PoE's endless amount of uselesss kickstarter background stories and lore-dumps or did your mind purposefully block that memory so you can slowly process the trauma with your psychiatrist over the next few years?

Never played it actually. But it sounds exactly like the shit in Shadowrun Dong Dong.

ArchAngel

Arcane

I don't count that as part of game content but extra shit from backers. While all the extra excessive writing in SR:HK is directly from main writers.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy

There is no such thing as irrelevant backstory. If it's there and you can read, is writing. And by the way, let's not forget that the Codex itself gave millions to fund this popamole isometric game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom