Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Underrail: Infusion Dev Log #5: Character Model Customization

deuxhero

Arcane
But what about height variety and ability to play as a little girl?

All male characters will start with a small penis. You can enlarge it through implants, lose it due to combat or may decide to go through genital reconstruction later.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The idea of physical attributes determining body visuals is really cool.

I've no idea why more devs haven't experimented with this.

ciox

Liturgist
The idea of physical attributes determining body visuals is really cool.

I've no idea why more devs haven't experimented with this.
For some reason the idea of player choice is seen as the player choosing both the character build and the character look separately, and not just choosing a character build which then defines the character look.
They were experimeting with this body visual thing as early as Fallout Van Buren in 2003, but even there it was just another option.

onW5rzn.png

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
The thing to ask is will we have NPCs as awesome as Ezra in the expansion and sequel?

Also, can I now make my sword wielding buff amazon Red Sonja?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
The most important feature, for me at least, is the body type variety. This you will not be able to pick freely, but instead, your visual body type will correspond to your physical attributes: strength, agility, and constitution. Strength will make you bigger, while agility will make you leaner. Constitution has a more complex interaction with your visual appearance as it is both a measure of physical sturdiness and endurance.
This could be a lot of fun. I imagine a stat-dumped min-maxed sharpshooter, fat as a bastard, holding a tiny handgun at waist level, headshotting rats left and right.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I wonder if there will even be an option for a fatty. Maybe focus pure on cave wizardry?
High dex means thin like a runner basically.
High str means weight lifter.
High con? Could be a bit thicc.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I wonder if there will even be an option for a fatty. Maybe focus pure on cave wizardry?
styg forcing cave wizards to play a fatty would be glorious.

Looking how AGI takes charge of dodging and sneaking, thats the stat that would make you fat

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
it'll be like Fable, murderhobo to pipeworker alignment, you grow old and you grow horns, skill investment inevitably disfigures you

HOPPERCHASER

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Those character models look pretty ugly and generic to me. I prefer Underrail's sprites, but whatever, this game isn't about graphics.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Those character models look pretty ugly and generic to me. I prefer Underrail's sprites, but whatever, this game isn't about graphics.
Until they’re seen on a background, I don’t think we’ll be able to get an accurate feel of how they’ll look.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom