Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hear-fuckity-hear! :bounce:

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
So I am really enjoying this game.

Reading some of the discussions about builds. I am not used to reducing attributes down, I normally just add to the base given at the start.

So my current build is mostly fives with an eight and a few sevens. Something like this

ST 5
DEX 5
AG 7 (for stealth)
CON 5
PER 5
WILL 8 (for PSI)
INT 7 (for PSI)

I like exploring quite a lot so wasted a lot of time going as far as I can. Sometimes dying quite a lot but I don't mind.

I went with a PSI build.

Melee

Dodge + Evasion

Stealth

Lock picking + Hacking

Biology + Tailoring

ALL PSI

Mercantile

My concept was to use PSI as range/ combat and then use melee as back up.

Mercantile/ Biology to make my own healing stuff or PSI boosters and sell most other stuff for larger cash

Stealth to avoid combat when required

Lock picking and Hacking to get into some areas or find some stuff

Tailoring to make my own armor

Not far at all. Just found Gorsky and I already feel I am stretching myself too thinly across the skills. My current task is to Find a way to open the sealed door in the GMS compound.

So not far at all.

I was VERY interested in this game a while back but could not play it at all due to the font sizes.

Tried again this week and note we have options to increase text size.

SO TO THE GAME DEVELOPER

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR DOING THAT

BEAUTIFUL GAME.

hilfazer

Scholar
Drop Mercantile - you will have more loot than you can sell.
Since you're investing in Thought Control you REALLY want to have 10 WILL so either raise it with lvl ups or take 2 points from PER (it's almost useless to you).
Electronics can also allow you to mount electroshock generator on your weapons and craft PSI circlets.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=2744.0

Expansion!

Expedition.png

Expedition you'll be able to take a break from the usual metro-crawling to take a boat to the infamous Black Sea, a massive underground body of water.

There, among the old and mysterious ruins of an age long past, you'll face the vicious fauna, hostile natives, cunning pirates, and something far more sinister than all of those.

Your voyage through vastness of the Black Sea will shed new light on the history of the world of Underrail and the forces that shaped it.

Expedition will feature the following:
  • A brand new story line that becomes available during the mid-game
  • Over a 100 new areas to explore of various types - shores and islands of the Black Sea, mysterious underground facilities, pirate strongholds, and more
  • New human factions, as well as wild creatures to combat
  • New items and crafting recipes
  • New skills and feats
  • Leveling past level 25 with a special pool of feats to choose from

Over time we'll be revealing more details through the dev log, so expect those to once again flow regularly as they did before the game's release.

We expect to release the expansion during the first half of 2017 as a paid DLC.

:shredder:

Edit: Welp, I should've known better, there is alreay a thread for it :D

Last edited:

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=2744.0

Expansion!

Expedition you'll be able to take a break from the usual metro-crawling to take a boat to the infamous Black Sea, a massive underground body of water.

There, among the old and mysterious ruins of an age long past, you'll face the vicious fauna, hostile natives, cunning pirates, and something far more sinister than all of those.

Your voyage through vastness of the Black Sea will shed new light on the history of the world of Underrail and the forces that shaped it.

Expedition will feature the following:
  • A brand new story line that becomes available during the mid-game
  • Over a 100 new areas to explore of various types - shores and islands of the Black Sea, mysterious underground facilities, pirate strongholds, and more
  • New human factions, as well as wild creatures to combat
  • New items and crafting recipes
  • New skills and feats
  • Leveling past level 25 with a special pool of feats to choose from

Over time we'll be revealing more details through the dev log, so expect those to once again flow regularly as they did before the game's release.

We expect to release the expansion during the first half of 2017 as a paid DLC.
Infinitron !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black Angel

Arcane
Made a Sniper/SMG character and finally reached the end game. Spending around 30-35 hours, at level 22.
Encountering the first hostile creature in Deep Caverns...
"emmm...perhaps i should make another character"
Respawning Tchortlings?

Utilize stealth. Considering you made Sniper build, I assume you got Stealth covered for this character.

Black Angel

Arcane
Stealth was my dump skill. :M
I just used sniper rifles to kill. bigger enemies at far distances then using SMG for wiping the rest.
Then you didn't get to maximize Snipe feat's damage, assuming you take it at all?

Sniper builds work very, very well with Stealth. Can you craft Tabi Boots, Balaclava, Leather Armor with Stealth bonus, and Cloaking Devices?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
You don't fight the deep cavern respawn monsters. Map the place (or use this) use the special basements to wait out the timer, when possible, and just sprint around. Tchort base is another good place to debuff the timer. The effect is active only in certain areas. I'd advise to explore as much as you can of the normal areas before going there.

ColCol

Arcane
Yeah, I ran at against a wall at the final dungeon. I didn't really prepare and there were a good chunk of quests left, so I'm not really afraid that my build won't be able to tackle it. I will wait till the expansion is released. I usually don't buy expansions but time apart from the game and an urge to finish it will push me.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah i can boost it now to around 85 with ninja boots, a well-crafted leather armor and balaclava.

So i have no choice but to sneak my way through. I created that char to kill every shit and it worked well until now :(

I created a similar character in my first run and I entered Deep Caverns at level 20.

Needless to say, I did manage to reach the end boss ... but I could not kill him. You just have to choose your fights.

Lhynn

Arcane
Styg will there be a way to respec pre expansion characters? new feats and skills sound like something i might want to invest in to tackle the new content.

ST'Ranger

Augur
Yeah i can boost it now to around 85 with ninja boots, a well-crafted leather armor and balaclava.

So i have no choice but to sneak my way through. I created that char to kill every shit and it worked well until now :(

Do not sneak through Deep Caverns. Movement speed is the key. Learn how to make the timer go away and utilize that trick. Also, the effect is only present in a few areas - once you walk past those areas, the time pressure is off until you return. Do some exploratory scouting (don't go around clicking on every single thing until you've "mapped" out the general area). Deep Caverns is not like the rest of Underrail, but it is an interesting place with lots of deep lore and exploration. Don't get too mired in the combat here because you'll lose the attrition battle.

Good luck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom