Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Good Old Games
Donate to Codex
News Content Gallery About Donate Discord Contact
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

agris

Arcane
Patron
You have to kill all the leaders and some amount of "ordinary" guys too. I don't remember exactly tbh, but the girl in tower is your in-game indicator, she must state that "no more lights there" or something like that.

But what I meant is that after the first attack you don't have to come back every time especially if you help via other ways (the mines, naga/turret) and even more so in a sense to kiss aegis goodbye.

Yeah that was my understanding as well, but I wanted frustration-free passage by their coast as well which, at that point, means you have to start handing out pox-laden blankets.

The whole reason I went with Aegis rather than the pirates was the lore hook of the old PDAs. They aren’t all available, easily, online so if I wanted to decrypt them I needed to side with Aegis and keep them alive. Turns out Styg mostly front loaded the PDAs, for example none in LEMCO or Abyssal Station. The little lore I got from them was fine, but in retrospect the Grim Jetters would have been a better, less frustrating ally.

Anyway, 10/10. Pure slavic cave wizardry. I'm just a dirty railrat, and I love it.
Where would you rate the game overall? You still taking FO over it?

So I actually don’t see Fallout and Underrail as terribly similar. Underrail reminds me much more of, say BG2 w/ non-autism SCS config, than Fallout. Despite the superficial similarities.

But to your question: I don’t know. They’re so different. Maybe Fallout but for the purely practical reason that I can quickly replay it. Fallout’s aesthetics are still better than URs as well, but I’m sure many feel differently.

Sorry, not very satisfying of an answer I’m sure.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
You have to kill all the leaders and some amount of "ordinary" guys too. I don't remember exactly tbh, but the girl in tower is your in-game indicator, she must state that "no more lights there" or something like that.
it got nothing to do with leaders. There are map squares assigned to natives, you need to clear a number of those squares. Fully

agris

Arcane
Patron
Are you sure lukaszek ? I believe there was, at a minimum, the requirement to kill 1+ named NPC *including* the king.

Trashos

Arcane
agris, the advice I was given here when I was new to Expedition was to do an Aegis playthrough for my first time, and then move on to joining the Pirates for later playthroughs. It turned out to be good advice. I prefer the sandboxy style of gameplay joining the Pirates, but I am also glad I did the Aegis playthrough to see the lore and how it plays.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Trashos thats the advice I saw as well. My point here is simply that the juice wasn’t worth the squeeze; there weren’t many PDAs to find, natives are annoying, worse quests etc etc

Tigranes

Arcane
Yep, pirates are more convenient in an xpack area full of hassles. Especially now with dudejuice - before pirates had no fast travel to core city.

I keep saying, though, you really do not have to help aegis with natives. They do fine.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Are you sure lukaszek ? I believe there was, at a minimum, the requirement to kill 1+ named NPC *including* the king.
i am sure and number of tiles one needs to clear isnt that big. Like 4-5 perhaps? I was usually just doing few closest to that lone spear native npc. You return for rest when you are stronger to also tackle bosses

Trashos

Arcane
Well, he did it. Styg finally did it.
He finally made buying home security for the Core City House useful.
You can be proud, Styg. I also lost about 20 mins of progress, but who cares about that.

Trashos

Arcane
What happened?
Burglar...
with a crossbow...
suddenly came out of the living room while I was storing some stuff on my shelves....
and one-shotted me.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
1656062386789.png
More content...this man is a god.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Crossing my fingers for more creative new modifications for melee weapons down the line. My one true wish is for a gizmo that allows for the construction of chain-bladed melee weapons; Buzz-Daggers, Chain-Machetes, Saw-Spears etc. Would be great for bleed builds as an alternative to the energy-edge. As well as more hyper build-specific mods like the flight wings for the spears.

I got my wish!

...in a way.

Tygrende

Savant
I had a spear-throwing build in mind for some time. Specced throw with a normal spear goes from 25 AP to 16 AP. Specced quick pockets reduces the AP cost of equipping a new spear in combat from 50 to 13 AP. Total cost of each throw is 29 AP, that's a lot.

But with javelins base cost is 10, with only 2 spec points that goes to 4 which is the cap for AP costs. so now total cost of each throw is only 17. With AP carry over you can throw 3 times each turn after the 1st one. 5 to 6 throws with AP boosts. That could actually be pretty strong now.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
I had a spear-throwing build in mind for some time. Specced throw with a normal spear goes from 25 AP to 16 AP. Specced quick pockets reduces the AP cost of equipping a new spear in combat from 50 to 13 AP. Total cost of each throw is 29 AP, that's a lot.
Why the fuck do you need to equip a new spear? Is this seriously what people do? Just walk around with two spears, and when you throw one, you have the other as backup until you can make your way over there to pick up the one you threw.

motherfucker

Novice
Why the fuck do you need to equip a new spear? Is this seriously what people do? Just walk around with two spears, and when you throw one, you have the other as backup until you can make your way over there to pick up the one you threw.
How do you think spear-throwing works IRL you dumb fuck?

Tygrende

Savant
What you are describing is a plain, neurotypical spear build that sometimes throws spears. I'm talking about an absolute meme build that only throws spears.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
What you are describing is a plain, neurotypical spear build that sometimes throws spears. I'm talking about an absolute meme build that only throws spears.
I was moreso referring to a throwing build, where TK are used in conjunction with Spears.
How do you think spear-throwing works IRL you dumb fuck?
The same way psionics and laser pistols work in real life you fucking retard. I'm talking about in-game mechanics and you're lost and confused in another world.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
new unique knife unknown?

But with javelins base cost is 10, with only 2 spec points that goes to 4 which is the cap for AP costs. so now total cost of each throw is only 17. With AP carry over you can throw 3 times each turn after the 1st one. 5 to 6 throws with AP boosts. That could actually be pretty strong now.
You can use throwing knives instead.

Anyway, did you play throwing spears before? Its easier to run and pick it up. 4ap throw with fancy footwork gives 8ap movement

Top Bottom