Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Are you sure lukaszek ? I believe there was, at a minimum, the requirement to kill 1+ named NPC *including* the king.
i am sure and number of tiles one needs to clear isnt that big. Like 4-5 perhaps? I was usually just doing few closest to that lone spear native npc. You return for rest when you are stronger to also tackle bosses

Trashos

Arcane
Well, he did it. Styg finally did it.
He finally made buying home security for the Core City House useful.
You can be proud, Styg. I also lost about 20 mins of progress, but who cares about that.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
1656062386789.png
More content...this man is a god.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Crossing my fingers for more creative new modifications for melee weapons down the line. My one true wish is for a gizmo that allows for the construction of chain-bladed melee weapons; Buzz-Daggers, Chain-Machetes, Saw-Spears etc. Would be great for bleed builds as an alternative to the energy-edge. As well as more hyper build-specific mods like the flight wings for the spears.

I got my wish!

...in a way.

Tygrende

Arbiter
I had a spear-throwing build in mind for some time. Specced throw with a normal spear goes from 25 AP to 16 AP. Specced quick pockets reduces the AP cost of equipping a new spear in combat from 50 to 13 AP. Total cost of each throw is 29 AP, that's a lot.

But with javelins base cost is 10, with only 2 spec points that goes to 4 which is the cap for AP costs. so now total cost of each throw is only 17. With AP carry over you can throw 3 times each turn after the 1st one. 5 to 6 throws with AP boosts. That could actually be pretty strong now.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
I had a spear-throwing build in mind for some time. Specced throw with a normal spear goes from 25 AP to 16 AP. Specced quick pockets reduces the AP cost of equipping a new spear in combat from 50 to 13 AP. Total cost of each throw is 29 AP, that's a lot.
Why the fuck do you need to equip a new spear? Is this seriously what people do? Just walk around with two spears, and when you throw one, you have the other as backup until you can make your way over there to pick up the one you threw.

motherfucker

Educated
Why the fuck do you need to equip a new spear? Is this seriously what people do? Just walk around with two spears, and when you throw one, you have the other as backup until you can make your way over there to pick up the one you threw.
How do you think spear-throwing works IRL you dumb fuck?

Tygrende

Arbiter
What you are describing is a plain, neurotypical spear build that sometimes throws spears. I'm talking about an absolute meme build that only throws spears.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
What you are describing is a plain, neurotypical spear build that sometimes throws spears. I'm talking about an absolute meme build that only throws spears.
I was moreso referring to a throwing build, where TK are used in conjunction with Spears.
How do you think spear-throwing works IRL you dumb fuck?
The same way psionics and laser pistols work in real life you fucking retard. I'm talking about in-game mechanics and you're lost and confused in another world.

Tygrende

Arbiter
Unfortunately I now realize my idea has been ruined because spear throw has a 1 turn cooldown. Very sad.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
new unique knife unknown?

But with javelins base cost is 10, with only 2 spec points that goes to 4 which is the cap for AP costs. so now total cost of each throw is only 17. With AP carry over you can throw 3 times each turn after the 1st one. 5 to 6 throws with AP boosts. That could actually be pretty strong now.
You can use throwing knives instead.

Anyway, did you play throwing spears before? Its easier to run and pick it up. 4ap throw with fancy footwork gives 8ap movement

Mauman

Learned
Having come back for another go, I'm trying NOT to be pissed off that All-In got nerfed.

God damn it :argh:

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
if you drop javelins one the ground, can you rearm them for free?

Not a javelin (don't have one handy), but I tried putting my hammer on the ground and picking it up, and putting it straight into my hand from the floor cost 20 AP.

A6cqqKd.png

I have to play poorly on purpose to get the last 2 achievements now :[

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Not a javelin (don't have one handy), but I tried putting my hammer on the ground and picking it up, and putting it straight into my hand from the floor cost 20 AP.
spears give this special rearm skill where you can pick one up straight to your hand for 0AP. Dont know if it works only after being thrown or with any spear on the ground though

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
spears give this special rearm skill where you can pick one up straight to your hand for 0AP. Dont know if it works only after being thrown or with any spear on the ground though

Well if no one else has done it by tomorrow I guess I'll see if I can try it.

lukaszek Tried it; putting a spear or javelin on the ground manually seems to make a pile of Stuff like any other that requires 20AP to access. Does adding that in an edit still alert you? I don't know.

Last edited:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
I'm canning my Tanky Versatility Laser Pistol build. Without maximizing crit chance, crit bonus, and dexterity, laser pistols simply don't deal enough damage. Also, didn't realize just how far behind you fall in a Versatility build if you don't pump your main stat. Unsure of what build to try next. Only two weapons I've never tried are Chemical Pistols and Knives but I'm not really feeling either.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
chemical pistols require very few feats. I wonder if one can play them well paired with fists, like I did my knife+ lazor gun build.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
dludr.jpg

Hey guys, you've sold me on that one. I don't know much about the game and I plan to do my own shit, I heard it was the kind of game to give you enough freedom and rope to fuck with. But before I dive in, any broad advice ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom