Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Parabalus

Arcane
Problem will be robots, they too much DR/DT to deal without.
Yeah, nagas absolutely fuck knives. Without expose weakness you basically can't hurt them, since they have 95% effective mech DR and enough elec/energy DT to completely block electroshock/energy edge. And with expose weakness they're... still incredibly tough. The only feasible way to kill them I can think of is stacking thrown corrosive acid and expose weakness, after hitting them with an EMP so they're forced to stay in the puddle. Or maybe meme shit where you use demolitionist belt to hit one with six EMP mk 3s, though they have so much hp you'll have to do that twice for the kill.
Industrial robots also have massive DR/DT but at least electroshock/energy edge works.
How do I find Phreak without losing a point of int from motion abuse? I've never done that questline before and can't figure out how to get into his hidey hole any other way.
Use night vision and the passage shows up even with 3 perception.

If you have Versatility often it's easiest to just gun them down. With access to Katya and the acid vials it works well.

Parabalus

Arcane
having meta knowledge helps there.

I get the feeling the more you know of the game the more fun it is and its extremly punishing for people who just dabble until they restart a few times <.<

I wouldn't restart at all, you can't really screw up hard enough. Game is too big to spend on just the beginning.

If you have stealth you can get past any challenge.

Especially as PSI, stealth + TC gets you through the game easily.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How do I actually survive using a psi build? I either kill everything quickly or fucking die. Currently I am in sgs with the robots and the second theres more than one or even one I will die. With hammers I just tanked and crushed them and healed up but now I neither have good armor nor enough constitution and stealth only gets me so far and is gay anyways. I would like to play without it but that seems suicidal as psi.
Robots + Electric spells = Dead Robots

Cromwell

Arcane
I wouldn't restart at all, you can't really screw up hard enough. Game is too big to spend on just the beginning.

maybe I am just playin g it wrong. Currently I am trying to get the hostages out in the compund, but the 3 raiders in the cafeteria will murder me before I can win this fight

Parabalus

Arcane

maybe I am just playin g it wrong. Currently I am trying to get the hostages out in the compund, but the 3 raiders in the cafeteria will murder me before I can win this fight

Open door, move up a bit, trigger combat manually, start by throwing molotov, use remaining AP on damage, step outside the cafeteria and LoS them.

They will prob come 1 by 1 now, should be doable.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Sadly, kukri isnt that great... Even before depot A you can find weapon with better dmg range and crit multiplier is non existent.
They are now. Besides the great crit chance, they can apply a stack of expose weakness and cripple. You can get a double EW if you use EW with kukri. Good for bladelings.
did they change something? I did tests initially and those 2 wouldnt stack

CHEMS

Scholar
yes but as soon as you atack you will be seen.
Why would you attack something you can't kill? Sneak helps a lot early on, early game for psi is painful when it comes to robots. Just sneak past them, there's not a single robot fight in the game that is required to progress, all of them can be avoided. Besides, having sneak gives you the best advantage of all: attacking first. My metathermics crossbowman obliterates everything before the fight even begins.

>sneak into a favorable position
>special tactics
>premeditate
>destabilization
>free bolt shot
>grenade
>everybody blows up
>mania
>contraction
>adrenaline
>crit with cryo orb/plasma beam
>everyone is dead and if anyone survives it will be extremely injured
>vanishing grenade if there's too many to deal with

Stealth is the strongest skill in this game, period. Ask your local death stalker/cut throat about it!

notpl

Arbiter
Using death stalkers as an example of stealth is kind of unfair. They literally cheat.

CHEMS

Scholar
How do I find Phreak without losing a point of int from motion abuse? I've never done that questline before and can't figure out how to get into his hidey hole any other way.
Use night vision and the passage shows up even with 3 perception.
Could you tell me where, roughly?

Go to the underground part of Core City, through the stairs near Moe's. From there, just head to the exit past the hobos and motioners. There will be some pipes leading to the wall. Activate your night goggles by the wall and the passage will appear.

-

I just lost one fucking hour worth of playing because of the bullshit mechanics at fort apogee... God dammit, i'm a corporal and i'm not allowed to have a weapon on me there, this is bullshit.

Cromwell

Arcane
how do you deal with traps and mines as psi guy? Currently I hear the click I die I remember where it is save, use fireball because it can be groundtargeted and hope for the best or reload. isnt there a better way?

CHEMS

Scholar
Early game traps have low detection requirement. Get some perception enhancing googles, eat mushroom salad and walk with the jackknife in your active hand if you got it

notpl

Arbiter
how do you deal with traps and mines as psi guy? Currently I hear the click I die I remember where it is save, use fireball because it can be groundtargeted and hope for the best or reload. isnt there a better way?
You can just sweep areas preemptively, most trapped areas are pretty well advertised. A bit later you can hold the jackknife in one hand, put on a trapper's belt, wear detection-boosting goggles (these make a much larger difference than the +1 perception variety, going to contradict CHEMS' advice here) and even with 3 per and no traps skill you should be able to spot anything.

Cromwell

Arcane
I am not sure I wont quit the game now maybe I am just to weak and have no patience. I fought my way thrugh the first area of depot a and went into the second, activated the traps and the sound lured of course a big pack of acid hounds. I already own a armor from their leather but the thought alone of fighting the things and then runngn away probably to heal and do it all again made me quit for today. the same when fighting the fucking burrowers in melee and running after them.

BanEvader

VhujCYN.png

notpl

Arbiter
I played pure psi pre-nerf (and per-expedition, for that matter) and remember completely snoozing through depot A annihilating every enemy group on the spot. What changed?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I played pure psi pre-nerf (and per-expedition, for that matter) and remember completely snoozing through depot A annihilating every enemy group on the spot. What changed?
besides playing easy mode build?

Tigranes

Arcane
I am not sure I wont quit the game now maybe I am just to weak and have no patience. I fought my way thrugh the first area of depot a and went into the second, activated the traps and the sound lured of course a big pack of acid hounds. I already own a armor from their leather but the thought alone of fighting the things and then runngn away probably to heal and do it all again made me quit for today. the same when fighting the fucking burrowers in melee and running after them.

You can also choose to wear detection goggles - I think they have chance to spawn in some pre-depot A merchants or as drops especially if you finish Blaine/Black Eels path? Sure Step / metal boots can also help, though tabi boots are so much better otherwise

This game has its quirks that you need to learn to have a smoother experience, for sure, but I would argue it is absolutely worth it.

It's hard to tell from forum posts so this may be wrong, but generally it feels like you are walking into very dangerous situations and ending turn on a regular basis, which is a recipe for lots of death and frustration - and maybe the hammer build felt better for a while by tanking the damage, but now you are feeling the pain. It's not a 100% rule, but generally, you want to find ways to end your turn where enemies cannot hit you or can barely hit you - and every character just comes up with a combination of answers for that.

E.g. A pure psi character can do this with stuns and walls (PK), fire panic and freezing (MT), fear and incap (TC), plus every character gets the flashbangs, EMTs, bear traps, and doorways. As a pure psi I would try not to fight robots in Depot A as much as possible. If I have 60 hacking I can turn off the turrets. I can stealth past almost every robot in the second underground zone. I can even mostly skip that zone depending on which path I take. Lone sentry bots are still possible to take on, since EMT gives me 3 turns before it can attack. Same goes for GMS. The point is that I know as a pure psi stealther, ending my turn in front of a functioning robot is the ultimate no-no.

Are you on Normal or Hard, I forget?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also, use vents as much as you can.

Depot A was my " git gud" moment. It taught me how to play the game for real.

CHEMS

Scholar
I'd rather just take SI in every fucking build and deal +100 damage in Depot A. My versatility shotgunner is actually pretty good.

BanEvader

Also, use vents as much as you can.

Depot A was my " git gud" moment. It taught me how to play the game for real.
Listen, Abu, Underrail is my thread. It ain't big enough for the two of us, so I'll only say this once. Leave. Or I'll derail the shit out of the Underrail thread... heh, get it? Derail? Underrail? hehe.
besides playing easy mode build?
a guy is posting like four comments before yours about how impossible pure psi is
It's the guy's first playthrough. Any build is easy when you know how to cheese the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom