Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
absolute king for including every possibility
lebTw7A.png

notpl

Arbiter
It's kind of disappointing that virtually every other weapon type has a "get a free action/refund your AP on kill" move except melee.

Zeem

Learned
It's kind of disappointing that virtually every other weapon type has a "get a free action/refund your AP on kill" move except melee.
Just snipers with Shooting Spree and SMGs and ARs with Commando. Shotguns, pistols, xbows and psi don't get anything out of kills outside of MP from Hit and Run.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Just snipers with Shooting Spree and SMGs and ARs with Commando. Shotguns, pistols, xbows and psi don't get anything out of kills outside of MP from Hit and Run.
mp with blitz can be translated to some AP.

anyway - pistols got wyat revolver that allows shooting for free. Another reason to pick that versatility over expose weakness i guess.
Or if you want a bit throwing, there is fatal throw that is easy to spec into with spears or knives. But yeah, none of those options allow main weapon usage

CHEMS

Scholar

Melee guys already have fancy footwork, what more could you want?

notpl

Arbiter
Is there any way to get 4 AP knife attacks? Tabi boots can bring a tichrome dagger down from 6 to 5, but I don't remember if there's some other cost reduction to be had.

Parabalus

Arcane
Is there any way to get 4 AP knife attacks? Tabi boots can bring a tichrome dagger down from 6 to 5, but I don't remember if there's some other cost reduction to be had.

Can't you stack enough DEX with All-In + SS now?

Are you on Normal or Hard, I forget

normal but I think I am still stuck in the standard play mindset. i.e. fight everything kill it all. I also play with classic exp.

You can do that easily enough after Depot A, that's when your char power will ramp faster than the rest.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
look at cost reduction table:
https://www.stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Dexterity

basically with dex you can go down to 6AP, doesnt matter if tichrome or regular.
It also lists all possible ap cost reductions, afaik only tabi for -1 apply

Cromwell

Arcane
You can do that easily enough after Depot A, that's when your char power will ramp faster than the rest.
I also have to probably adjust my playstyle. having the feat where I can actually brun enemies made things a lot easier. More stealth is good fuck armor.and I think I ditch psychokinesis, I only use electric anyway for the ae and the stun, I will just avoid machines or use emp grenades if it comes to this and save the points

Parabalus

Arcane
I also have to probably adjust my playstyle. having the feat where I can actually brun enemies made things a lot easier. More stealth is good fuck armor.and I think I ditch psychokinesis, I only use electric anyway for the ae and the stun, I will just avoid machines or use emp grenades if it comes to this and save the points

Think you can kill machines with Plasma Beam now, so you won't have too much trouble with just TC/Meta.

Last edited:

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here

notpl

Arbiter

Can't you stack enough DEX with All-In + SS now?
The base cost will never go below 6 with dexterity, 5 from tabi. So I guess 5 is the minimum
you can get over 20 dexterity, guy
Then why wouldn't the table say so? Tables are never wrong. Don't try and sabotage my relationship with tables. I see right through you.

Cromwell

Arcane
Think you can kill machines with Plasma Beam now, so you won't have too much trouble with just TC/Meta.

yes but I am at depot A thats a way off for me. having finished that now I am level 9 and have to decide where to go next. I thhink first I finish everythigng in the junkyard.

CHEMS

Scholar
Use a shiv and shank the living shit out of zoners

notpl

Arbiter
I've always found it weird that there's only one quest for oculus. You spend all that time getting there and then.. nothing.

Parabalus

Arcane

yes but I am at depot A thats a way off for me. having finished that now I am level 9 and have to decide where to go next. I thhink first I finish everythigng in the junkyard.

Go to core city first, more fun and XP is handed out like candy.

Yeah you would think that a highly secretive organization would have more for you to do than... finding an old man.
It actually does work well if you treat it as a joke mission. Your job is to find Wit's research. And not only do you not find Wit's research, but he dies talking to you so you destroyed the only lead you had. And then you go back to Oculus to talk to Azif and the conversation basically goes "I found Wit!" "did you discover anything of value?" "no" "oh". It's such an anticlimax it's funny. And then he decides that he really shouldn't give you any more jobs after that.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Yeah you would think that a highly secretive organization would have more for you to do than... finding an old man.
It actually does work well if you treat it as a joke mission. Your job is to find Wit's research. And not only do you not find Wit's research, but he dies talking to you so you destroyed the only lead you had. And then you go back to Oculus to talk to Azif and the conversation basically goes "I found Wit!" "did you discover anything of value?" "no" "oh". It's such an anticlimax it's funny. And then he decides that he really shouldn't give you any more jobs after that.
except for stealing the cube

CHEMS

Scholar
Wit's death got to be the most unintentionally hilarious moment in the game. The guy freezes, mouth agape in ecstasy, the player character clueless about WTF is happening with the old man frozen in place and bam - he's dead, out of nowhere. This taking account that he's been alive for hundreds of years. Makes me wonder if there is some psionic fuckery at work there, some kind of kill switch to kill him when he reveals classified info from Biocorp?

Zeem

Learned
Wit's death got to be the most unintentionally hilarious moment in the game. The guy freezes, mouth agape in ecstasy, the player character clueless about WTF is happening with the old man frozen in place and bam - he's dead, out of nowhere. This taking account that he's been alive for hundreds of years. Makes me wonder if there is some psionic fuckery at work there, some kind of kill switch to kill him when he reveals classified info from Biocorp?
I think it's just age mixed with the strain of excitement from discussing the topic. I don't think Wit has talked about it for decades either.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom