Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Sheepherder do you have somewhere in your files link to your shiv build? Looking for inspirations
I've made a thread about the build on Underrail forum, there's a link to the build there, plus some more info on the build: https://stygiansoftware.com/forums/index.php?topic=7760.0
not what Im looking for :/

Since its fastest weapon, Im wondering if I can do some poison larping instead.

Sheepherder

Augur
Sheepherder do you have somewhere in your files link to your shiv build? Looking for inspirations
I've made a thread about the build on Underrail forum, there's a link to the build there, plus some more info on the build: https://stygiansoftware.com/forums/index.php?topic=7760.0
not what Im looking for :/

Since its fastest weapon, Im wondering if I can do some poison larping instead.
For poisons you'll want either throwing knives or caltrops. Xbows can also apply poison, but more often than not, the xbow damage will kill enemies before poison damage does.
Melee weapons for poisons kinda suck, because you can't reapply poison on your melee weapon mid-combat, so you'll have to carry 20 shivs each with a poison pre-applied and switch them out once the poison charges are used up.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
For poisons you'll want either throwing knives or caltrops. Xbows can also apply poison, but more often than not, the xbow damage will kill enemies before poison damage does.
Melee weapons for poisons kinda suck, because you can't reapply poison on your melee weapon mid-combat, so you'll have to carry 20 shivs each with a poison pre-applied and switch them out once the poison charges are used up.
there are also poisoned javelins!

everything sucks and doesnt make that much sense :negative:
even blastcloth with biohazard vest and 0 throwing build with gas & explosive grenades sounds better

notpl

Arbiter
Poisons are kind of disappointing in general, really. I don't know I can't just apply a poison to a caltrop or trap instead of needing a chunk of metal. I have so many burrower glands and nothing to use them on lol.
Poison could do 3x the damage it currently does and it would still be a niche item for gimmick builds. No idea why he bothered. Crawler poison traps can be useful situationally combined with stealth, but then if you're laying traps with stealth you already have a dozen ways to cheese an encounter.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Poisons are kind of disappointing in general, really. I don't know I can't just apply a poison to a caltrop or trap instead of needing a chunk of metal. I have so many burrower glands and nothing to use them on lol.
Poison could do 3x the damage it currently does and it would still be a niche item for gimmick builds. No idea why he bothered. Crawler poison traps can be useful situationally combined with stealth, but then if you're laying traps with stealth you already have a dozen ways to cheese an encounter.
as usual problem is that most builds that thematically could utilize poisons, got no problem dispatching enemies that are vulnerable to it.
As such poisons work more as annoyance for player and brings great monster variety.

in general poisons are as useful as throwing knives lol. Obviously Id rather utilize napalm and such grenades.
Poison could be interesting on dominating if they offered some debuffs, like lowering STR and effective melee.

If you wanted to maximize poison dmg, you would need to... get 150 bio, apply many poison stacks with shiv and... run away!

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I dunno, crawler poison seems useful because of the stun. Poisoned caltrops and traps seem useful too.
It's just that you can't apply poison to normal traps and caltrops you find, which limit their usefulness. You need steel plates to make poisoned traps, and that's a waste due to how expensive steel can be, especially early game.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I dunno, crawler poison seems useful because of the stun. Poisoned caltrops and traps seem useful too.
It's just that you can't apply poison to normal traps and caltrops you find, which limit their usefulness. You need steel plates to make poisoned traps, and that's a waste due to how expensive steel can be, especially early game.
you can buy both crawler caltrops and traps relatively cheaply from vendors. This usually cover any poison needs that you might have. Cave ear too

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
How difficult is the DLC supposed to be anyway? Is it meant to be played after the main game? You get an increased level cap, right?
I'm still sitting on level 24 right now. I want to see what stats I need to increase to make better gear before I level up.

Where am I supposed to get a high level smart module? The best I've found so far is 99 at Ezra.

Last edited:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
How difficult is the DLC supposed to be anyway? Is it meant to be played after the main game? You get an increased level cap, right?
its mid-late area, think 16+ lvl? You can go in&out. Difficulty spikes come mainly by offering enemy types not found in base game which tests some builds.
So as far as inc lvl cap goes, its to make DC easier really

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I'm a little confused about DC; apparently there's old world weapons there that can be refurbished, but apparently going there is a one way trip? What's the point of having weapons like that down there when you can't actually use them? Is there a NG+?

FriendlyMerchant

I'm a little confused about DC; apparently there's old world weapons there that can be refurbished, but apparently going there is a one way trip? What's the point of having weapons like that down there when you can't actually use them? Is there a NG+?
You're stuck in DC when you get there. The only thing you have to do to get out is kill the designated target. After which, you can leave and you're free to do whatever you want. For example, if you didn't do expedition, you could do it then.

Also, there is the ability to export and import characters into a new game. But there is no NG+. The only equivalent is turning the difficulty up for the new game you're importing into.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
When are special attack damage bonuses calculated? It is after all calculations?
With snipe I get a 357% damage bonus right now. My rifle does about 397 damage max.
I have a smart module that increases that increases special damage by 51%.
Does that mean my rifle can potentially deal 2139.81 damage? (397*3.57)+((397*3.57)*0.51).

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/250520/view/5172978183027507645?l=english
4ce5cf989417b2db71d0823466eb37c157eee208.png

Hey guys,

We've partnered up with Makeship to produce bespoke Rathound plushies that can be yours for the low price of $27.99. This is once in a lifetime opportunity and, unfortunately, all unpurchased rathounds will have to be fed into Organic Processor, so your money is actually going to a good cause - to give one of these Biocorp mishaps a home.

Here's the link: https://www.makeship.com/products/rathound-plush

Cheers,

Styg

Ordered one but....

the project fell through, got cancelled :?
Same. I guess in the end the Rathound was just a wee bit too ugly to sway the masses :lol:

CHEMS

Scholar
Also, how viable is a pure chem pistol build, or is it a support weapon and you're supposed to use a real gun / energy weapon after getting the debuff off?
To me is the strongest build, period. Run a versatility with SI, you'll be able to shoot 4AP blobs with the XAL, but what's really fun is using the fire blob pistol, the DOT is crazy on a crit. Setting multiple guys on fire taking around 200 damage a turn while running from you is awesome. Mid to late game you'll have pistols that have around 60% change to proc an entanglement, people can even reach you. The only drawback is the short range, but bear in mind your damage will come from acid that almost no one resists. They're very good as support weapons too for the entanglement alone.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Doesn't the XAL hurt you too though? I did the Institute quest and it entangled me in the middle of a firefight with gangsters. Damn thing hurts like hell too.
Chem weapons do seem strong though. I found acid hunters being pretty dangerous as they can ignore your shields due to low velocity attacks. I had to craft mutant dog leather to deal with them. I guess that's why there's a cave full of them nearby.
The Protectorate even gives you armor that buffs cooked shot, and I'm pretty sure the institute gives you a belt that buffs them too.

What is SI? Survival Instincts?

You don't have to invest heavily in int for chem builds like with energy weapons, right? It seems that for energy weapons its best to buff int and take high technicalities and rely on that for damage output.

CHEMS

Scholar
Doesn't the XAL hurt you too though? I did the Institute quest and it entangled me in the middle of a firefight with gangsters. Damn thing hurts like hell too.
Chem weapons do seem strong though. I found acid hunters being pretty dangerous as they can ignore your shields due to low velocity attacks. I had to craft mutant dog leather to deal with them. I guess that's why there's a cave full of them nearby.
The Protectorate even gives you armor that buffs cooked shot, and I'm pretty sure the institute gives you a belt that buffs them too.

You don't have to invent in int for chem builds, right? For energy weapons, is it better to build perception, or is it better to build int and take high technicalities? Getting something like a +128% damage increase on energy weapons assuming you have 14 int sounds pretty fun.
XAL will definitely kill you if it backfire, especially if you're on SI HP range and it crits (it will). But worry not, because you'll use the CAU armor + Infused Sea Wyrm Tabis. 100% Acid Resistance right there, you'll feel nothing. And you'll need escape artist if you want to use the XAL, so you can get rid of the entanglement and move again.

Crafted chem pistols are really strong. With the Mad Chemist feat you'll double the effects, giving you insane damage on the DOTs. If the guy don't die when he gets shot, he'll die from the residual damage from the entanglement or burn. High chance of freezing with the cryogenic pistol will make sea snakes a breeze. Your fire blob pistol by lvl 24~26 will have a whooping 75% to set your target ablaze. Acid entanglement will have around 60% to proc. Did i mention those pistols just penetrate shields like it's nothing and the damage is rarely resisted? And with catalyzing belts you can make them take even more damage from your chem pistols?

The only tough fight i have with chem pistols is the final boss, because on DOM he's got 8k damage. However you'll roflstomp DOMINATING with this build from the moment you'll get to craft your first chem pistol, just make sure to grab Mad Chemist first. If you're really lucky, you'll find an advanced catalyst belt on Gort's shop before even going to Depot A.

I love my chem pistols so damn much.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
how exactly does https://www.stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Unprojector work?
what is this damage bonus and how is it calculated? Is it basically the more extra damage you manage to stack the better it is or is the value constant?
Take for example spear throw at 10 units which should result in 325% damage. Do I get +10 resulting in 335%, or *1.1, giving me 357% ? How does expertise get included in this?

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
how exactly does https://www.stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Unprojector work?
what is this damage bonus and how is it calculated? Is it basically the more extra damage you manage to stack the better it is or is the value constant?
Take for example spear throw at 10 units which should result in 325% damage. Do I get +10 resulting in 335%, or *1.1, giving me 357% ? How does expertise get included in this?
It's +10%, so I would think it's the latter.
Apparently it synergizes pretty well with expertise, as the damage buff there doesn't affect critical hits. It seems that it works best with multiple attacks.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
unprojector paired with fists and throwing spears could be fun... Lack of nightvision is a bit of a problem though

.Pixote.

Augur
Any puzzle lover out there! I need a hand with the mutagen puzzle. I tried a few times got close but no cigar. The shame!!

Exitus-1 sequence:
UF QI XZ RA FQ NM GF QU BX IX AG BR FV

Echo-1 sequence: FQ AG XZ -QN -SZ
Echo-2 sequence: FQ NM QI -UF -QN
Echo-3 sequence: NM BR BX SZ QN UF
Echo-4 sequence: PX GF BX VZ -BR -LB
Helicon-1 sequence: XZ LB GF -IX -VZ
Helicon-2 sequence: UF BR QI XZ SZ RA FQ -VZ
Helicon-3 sequence: XZ QI BR -NM -SZ -UF
Io-1 sequence: BX IX GF QI -PX -VZ -BR
Io-2 sequence: SZ ZL NM LB AG FQ -QU -BX
Io-3 sequence: PX LB NM UF SZ -BR -AG
Ovid-1 sequence: FV BR SZ -GF
Ovid-2 sequence: GF QN BX FQ UF
Ovid-3 sequence: QU VZ ZL UF QI -AG -LB
Solis-1 sequence: RA AG BR FV -SZ -ZL -VZ
Solis-2 sequence: BX XZ GF VZ UF RA QI -NM -SZ -U6

https://underrail.info/mutagens/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom