Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Moonspeak Undertale - friendship/genocide RPG

Irenaeus VI

Novice
I am interested in trying this game. Any recommendations to enhance my experience? #LMAO

Murk

Arcane
so this one's a troll right? iren didn't seriously go full andhaira

---

Arcane
Lol:
YouTuber presents a copy of Undertale to the Pope
Let us play.

Undertale fans are known for being a little pushy when it comes to ensuring their game receives the attention they feel it deserves*, but this perhaps takes it to the next level.

YouTuber MatPat, known for his popular game and film theory videos, recently met His Holiness, Pope Francis, as part of an event designed to explore how the internet can bring people together.

Along with a number of other high profile YouTubers, MatPat was encouraged to bring a gift for the Pope, as is customary when meeting the head of the Catholic church. MatPat decided on indie role-playing game, Undertale.

In an enthusiastic 16-minute video, he explains why he settled on this game in particular.

"Because regardless of how you feel about this game, Undertale represents an evolution for gamers and what they expect from the games that they play," MatPat explained. "Making it the single best representative of where we are as a community today."

As Undertale is yet to see a physical release, it's thought that His Holiness received a Steam code for the game, although we don't yet know if he's activated it.

*[the underscore is mine :hahano:]

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-06-youtuber-presents-a-copy-of-undertale-to-the-pope

lightbane

Arcane
... As bad as Undertale fans are, at least they aren't brownies bronies. These are outright abominations that should be excommunicated.
That reminds me: there's an Undertale translation to Spanish nearly done somewhere in the Internet, for those interested.

Last edited:

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
"Because regardless of how you feel about this game, Undertale represents an evolution for gamers and what they expect from the games that they play," MatPat explained. "Making it the single best representative of where we are as a community today."

:flamesaw::kingcomrade::dead::killit::nocountryforshitposters::hmmm:

I disagree.

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
Lol:
YouTuber presents a copy of Undertale to the Pope
Let us play.

Undertale fans are known for being a little pushy when it comes to ensuring their game receives the attention they feel it deserves*, but this perhaps takes it to the next level.

YouTuber MatPat, known for his popular game and film theory videos, recently met His Holiness, Pope Francis, as part of an event designed to explore how the internet can bring people together.

Along with a number of other high profile YouTubers, MatPat was encouraged to bring a gift for the Pope, as is customary when meeting the head of the Catholic church. MatPat decided on indie role-playing game, Undertale.

In an enthusiastic 16-minute video, he explains why he settled on this game in particular.

As Undertale is yet to see a physical release, it's thought that His Holiness received a Steam code for the game, although we don't yet know if he's activated it.

*[the underscore is mine :hahano:]

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-06-youtuber-presents-a-copy-of-undertale-to-the-pope

They should have gave him a copy of Darklands.

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron
IF it hasnt been posted here yet... Undertale for android blew me away. I have better things to play on pc, and i never thought id enjoy this game as more than a brief curiosity before getting back to the western rpgs on my to play list...
I play a little every commute or waiting queue and am enjoying it very much. Feels like mother3 writing with mother 0 graphics/interface

lightbane

Arcane
Have you played the Genocide Route? Thanks to save game editors, now you can skip the boring grinding and go straight to the FUN parts.

*checks that review and watches a bit of the video*
... What's up with VNs and batshit insane, overtly murderous girls?

Ivan

Arcane
giphy.gif

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Read about this game. Unlikely to play it, but the numerous mechanics and the ability to actually beat the game without killing anything is interesting.

Bullet board is ass for combat. Zero interest.

Wish more games had the Genocide option. I love slaughtering everything, too much talking.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom