Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter Update #28: Novel stretch goal unlocked, new stretch goal announced

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Brian Fargo; OtherSide Entertainment; Underworld Ascendant

With two days of funding left, the Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter campaign has shot into high gear once again. Last night, it sailed past $700,000 and 12,000 backers, unlocking the Tracy Hickman novel stretch goal, which will establish the backstory of the Dark Elves faction. The Lizardmen stretch goal at $750k seems like a sure thing now, but to make things more interesting, OtherSide Entertainment have added an intermediate "mini-stretch goal" at $725k - the Dire Grove. The latest Kickstarter update explains:

The next stretch goal, at $750,000, is to unlock the Lizardman. The Lizardmen are fierce hunters who worship the Underswamp and its wild magics. The crafty Lizardmen prefer luring their prey into traps to immobilize their future dinner. What better creatures to guard the secrets of the Underswamp?

We've already funded their home with our first stretch goal, the Underswamp. So now let’s get them to settle in. Besides, they’re the only intelligent creatures that would actually like to live there.

To help induce the Lizardmen to move in, let’s unlock the Dire Grove, a special area within the Underswamp. The Dire Grove is dominated by a massive species of swamp willow. These willows make fine roosts for Lizardmen treehouses. They also bear a fluorescent green berry, which is said to have an odd magical effect if consumed.

Upon our Kickstarter reaching $725,000 in funding, halfway to bringing the Lizardmen home, we will add the Dire Grove to Underworld Ascendant.
You might also be interested in the previous Kickstarter update from yesterday, which provided an evocative description of the kind of experience we can expect from the game's beginning moments, a little physics demonstration, and an endorsement from good old Brian Fargo (recorded before the game was renamed from Ascension to Ascendant?).

Xorazm

Cipher
I got this in my email today:

OtherSide Entertainment says:
As we enter the final hours of the Underworld Ascendant campaign, I wanted to ask if you might consider stepping up to one of the higher pledge tiers. I know for some $20 is as much as you can afford. The team and I are honored by the support that represents.

For those of you would can consider stepping up, please do. If half of you step up just the next pledge tier, you will help the community reach the Lizardmen stretch goal more so than any of the $10,000 backers has done so far.

Huge thanks for your joining in this adventure!

Paul Neurath
Founder | OtherSide

Is this normal? I was kind of thrown off by how direct they were about it. Would you please give us more money? We'd really like more money.

I mean if they were in danger of not getting funded I'd kind of understand a bit of desperation, but such a forward request for a stretch goal kind of throws me off.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is this normal? I was kind of thrown off by how direct they were about it. Would you please give us more money? We'd really like more money.

I mean if they were in danger of not getting funded I'd kind of understand a bit of desperation, but such a forward request for a stretch goal kind of throws me off.

Start from here:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...s-kickstarter-live.92639/page-57#post-3782144
http://www.othersideentertainment.com/forum/index.php?topic=448.0

Darkzone

Arcane
Is this normal? I was kind of thrown off by how direct they were about it. Would you please give us more money? We'd really like more money. I mean if they were in danger of not getting funded I'd kind of understand a bit of desperation, but such a forward request for a stretch goal kind of throws me off.
I think that everyone who is a codexer and has pledged $20 is pissed about this mail.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is this normal? I was kind of thrown off by how direct they were about it. Would you please give us more money? We'd really like more money. I mean if they were in danger of not getting funded I'd kind of understand a bit of desperation, but such a forward request for a stretch goal kind of throws me off.
I think that everyone who is a codexer and has pledged $20 is pissed about this mail.
This what my email said:

I wanted to pass along a huge thanks for your most generous support. We are deeply honored to have you as a backer.

Warm Regards,

Paul Neurath
Founder | OtherSide

:smug:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I cannot even afford the $20/$25, so they can dream on. I chipped in $2 to show my support, but until my next paycheck comes along, I am saving the rest of my pennies for a surprisingly good humble bundle or something.

EDIT:
Although this probably means they intended to get around $1M, and the $600K was just not to scare people off. It is like this thing Peter Molyneux talked about.

Maelflux

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I cannot even afford the $20/$25, so they can dream on. I chipped in $2 to show my support, but until my next paycheck comes along, I am saving the rest of my pennies for a surprisingly good humble bundle or something.

But this also means that you are screwing backers over for whatever crap it was they offered based on increasing the average per person. :troll:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I got this in my email today:

As we enter the final hours of the Underworld Ascendant campaign, I wanted to ask if you might consider stepping up to one of the higher pledge tiers. I know for some $20 is as much as you can afford. The team and I are honored by the support that represents.

For those of you would can consider stepping up, please do. If half of you step up just the next pledge tier, you will help the community reach the Lizardmen stretch goal more so than any of the $10,000 backers has done so far.

Huge thanks for your joining in this adventure!

Paul Neurath
Founder | OtherSide

I was considering pledging but now I'm sure I will not.
I probably wasn't going to anyway.
:keepmymoney:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom