Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Underworld Ascendant PAX South 2018 Trailer, Gameplay Footage and Previews

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
The nostalgia infused pitch had me going, the graphic style looks nice very neonish but nice.... but that gameplay is not clicking with me
Is it too hard to make a straight up dungeon crawler with some well developed gameplay without all that bullshit? It looks gimmicky as hell with Jedi power tricks levitating shit
I already kickstarted that piece of shit so I am stuck but shit....

Taurist

Scholar
The USP they are pushing seems really pretty dishonest to me.

The gameplay solutions clearly were planned by the designers., just as they were in Thief and U:U. Yet they are claiming this as some evolution of that formula?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

The gameplay solutions clearly were planned by the designers., just as they were in Thief and U:U. Yet they are claiming this as some evolution of that formula?

I'm pretty sure that "combat by levitating crate bridges on fire" isn't something anybody on the team envisioned ahead of time (I believe they've said on their forums that they first saw players doing it in testing). It just works™.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
I mean I really want them to succeed since I hate what Arkane became with Dishonoured and Prey. But this gameplay vid either its like pre release Thief vids which were also awful and we are looking at the indie game of the decade, or they really dont know what they are doing with Unity.

Also the Q&A they made dont make me hopeful, when one the of so called LGS member starts praising modern gameplay shit.

Runciter

Augur
It looks like Star Citizen - limited to two colour hues in every scene.

Sentinel

Arcane

I'm pretty sure that "combat by levitating crate bridges on fire" isn't something anybody on the team envisioned ahead of time (I believe they've said on their forums that they first saw players doing it in testing). It just works™.
yeah the developers just put those crates in by complete accident.

funkadelik

Arcane
The gameplay looks like it will be fun. But will it having a living world aspect to it like the originals had? It kind of just looks like a level by level game.

The field of view could definitely be a little bit wider, very boxed in feeling.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In

yeah the developers just put those crates in by complete accident.

It's my likely that like all games with fancy physics engine they just deiced to put crates fucking everywhere. I sure remember Deus Ex having a bunch of crates in most places.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom