Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underworld Overlord - VR action/strategy game by OtherSide

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
CONCORD, MASS – May 18, 2016 – OtherSide Entertainment is excited to announce Underworld Overlord, an innovative VR action/strategy game, exclusively for Google’s Daydream platform when it launches later this year.

Blending proven tower defense and “god game” simulation mechanics, Underworld Overlord immerses players in an incredible VR setting steeped in the fantastical Underworld mythos.

Underworld Overlord is specifically tailored to the capabilities of the Daydream platform, developed by a team of VR and Android experts in close collaboration with Google,” says OtherSide creative director Paul Neurath. “It’s a stand-alone game, but connects to the upcoming Underworld Ascendant, sharing creatures, characters, and rich lore. TheUnderworld franchise has a history of pioneering immersive video games, so bringing it to VR is a natural fit.”

In Underworld Overlord, the player commands a dungeon full of monsters, traps and treasure, during an onslaught of so-called ‘heroic’ adventurers. Action takes place from a virtual ‘puppeteer’s’ perspective as the player pulls the strings, directing forces and building defenses in a dynamic VR environment.

More details about Underworld Overlord will be revealed over the coming months.

ABOUT OTHERSIDE ENTERTAINMENT

OtherSide Entertainment is a Boston/Austin-based game studio focused on providing players with innovative gameplay, immersive worlds, and engaging narrative. In addition to Underworld Overlord, the company is developing the eagerly-anticipated Underworld Ascendant and System Shock 3.

For more information, visit www.othersideentertainment.com or contact pr@otherside-e.com.

http://www.underworldoverlord.com (It's currently redirecting to the company site)

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
UO_splash.png

UO_teaserscreen.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
lol, are you fucking kidding me?

It's using Underworld Ascendant assets. At least this means they won't add VR stuff to UA itself, I guess.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
What the heck is Google Daydream? I have seriously never heard of it before.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Dungeon Keeper VR, Ultima: Underworld successor and System Shock 3 all at once.

Oh dear.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Now I understand why their emphasis was on 're-usability' of assets/etc. To be honest, I'm not sure this game would detract much from UWA since it seems they'll be utilizing the same shit.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.othersideentertainment.com/forum/index.php?topic=1177.msg18751#msg18751

Its our property, which we added team members locally and partnered with another company for some of the heavy lifting. This doesn't effect UA at all other than some advisory stuff. We did bring in one 'inhouse' designer, another old LGS hand to help lead the design, and a producer who is pretty awesome too.

--edited for clarity after actually eating something and not protein starved.

Collectable card game. You know, we thought about that during kickstarter...it was half designed too.
I think more like a cool dungeon tile game like Zombies!
wink.gif

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.othersideentertainment.com/forum/index.php?topic=1177.msg18751#msg18751

Its our property, which we added team members locally and partnered with another company for some of the heavy lifting. This doesn't effect UA at all other than some advisory stuff. We did bring in one 'inhouse' designer, another old LGS hand to help lead the design, and a producer who is pretty awesome too.

--edited for clarity after actually eating something and not protein starved.

Collectable card game. You know, we thought about that during kickstarter...it was half designed too.
I think more like a cool dungeon tile game like Zombies!
wink.gif

I'm not sure if that part is serious. :M Also, Tim Stellmach's post.

(BTW I like that he remembers all these bit characters from UW2)

resilient sphere

Educated
errr... I think the Door NPC from the first Underworld game might be a pretty strong unit to be able to place in a tower defense campaign

errr... I think the Door NPC from the first Underworld game might be a pretty strong unit to be able to place in a tower defense campaign

Skeletons seeing a door: Meh, it's a fucking door, let's bash it down boys!
Door NPC (possibly Zep Zeppo): Eat Sheet Lightning, bitches!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom