Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unhealthy interest in sales figures

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Multiverse spinoffs are hot right now, so: you start in CS but find the mysterious portal and suddenly it's Dungeon Rats 2.

You can use this idea for free, I'm nice like that.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
1699721170876.png

And it keeps going up!

:incline:

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
The colony ship lands on the planet and it's the world of Age of Miltiades.
Fixed.
Btw I really wish money falls like autumn leaves in ITS chest. Well done guys.
With a thought for Ivan who led you toward UE engine. Seems you've learned well without him.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The colony ship lands on the planet and it's the world of Age of Decadence.
I suspect reverse Harry Turtledove's Worldwar-scenario.
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...g-character-system.106579/page-9#post-4358627
I was thinking on lines of "what problems would colonists face if they encountered stable, flintlock musket-level" society.

If they got there with the manufacturing capabilities of the ship intact, and there wasn't obvious problems like pathogens and shit, the colonists could carve out a kingdom of their own pretty easily.

An existing, possibly hostile human population is a good incentive for the colonists to finally band together, and the ship seems to house a decent enough population to defend their landing zone. Even a good-sized army from AoD wouldn't be much of a match for machine guns and energy weapons. The sheer shock and awe of advanced tech is probably enough to deter hostilities. It would be mostly a political drama, I think.

Modern armies time traveling to the past is actually a very interesting premise.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Modern armies time traveling to the past is actually a very interesting premise.
Modern army without its extensive logistical tail that it requires can only do so much.
If they got there with the manufacturing capabilities of the ship intact, and there wasn't obvious problems like pathogens and shit, the colonists could carve out a kingdom of their own pretty easily.
They could carve their own kingdom all right, but natives with some frame reference to technologies used, could play some nasty game of catchup with 50 000 or so colonists who arrive on planet.
An existing, possibly hostile human population is a good incentive for the colonists to finally band together, and the ship seems to house a decent enough population to defend their landing zone. Even a good-sized army from AoD wouldn't be much of a match for machine guns and energy weapons. The sheer shock and awe of advanced tech is probably enough to deter hostilities. It would be mostly a political drama, I think.
That's why I was thinking flintlock age. Colonists seem to expect medieval society at worst.
Gunpowder based armies could offer some fight, if colonists left artillery (or tech with similar battlefield effect) and institutional knowledge to wield or manufacture it back earth.
Even if they suffered casualties on tune of 50 to 1.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
The colony ship lands on the planet and it's the world of Age of Decadence.
The True Ending to Colony Ship:
The player-character and allies discover that the Colony Ship is already in orbit around its destination and are able to activate the control room, allowing the Ship to descend to the planet's surface. The PC and party then become the first colonists to leave the Ship and survey the immediate area, which is largely barren and has some background radiation remaining from an event in the not-too-distant past. Just as the PC and party are about to return to the Ship, they have their first encounter with an indigenous alien lifeform:
miltiades.png
"Can I interest you in the purchase of copper ingots of fine quality?"
:M

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
As in Isaiah 20 at verse 5, Colony Ship their expectation and AoD their glory.
Glory is what take place already, expectation is what is to be.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
maybe this video will send some steam sale money their way

An hour and 9 minutes long, Jesus Christ.

:shredder:

Is it worth it? I could probably do a full run of AoD in about that time if I skip through everything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom