Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Universe Sandbox - Or, great blunders in stellar history.

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron
For shame I spy no Codexian mention of this sunny little gem I found today. More God-sim than most godsims this "game" gives one complete control of one's own little macrocosm for the enjoyment of such unearthly delights and cosmology/astronomy education, settling "what-if" bets in ballistic physics, and making things go boom (see battle of endor scenario it ships with). I believe there is even a sequel already out. Anyone have fun with this, answer profound questions with it, or made a bitchin scenario?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/72200/

About This Game
Create and destroy on a scale you've never imagined with the ultimate space simulator.

Harness the power to create black holes, collide galaxies, and manipulate gravity with just a few clicks. Inspired by the software astronomers use to unlock the mysteries of our universe, never before has astronomy been so interactive or so much fun.

Spawn a massive moon to tear apart Saturn’s rings or launch a rogue star to rip the planets from their orbits around our sun. After unleashing catastrophic destruction, create your own solar system and share it with friends.

spacer-10x10.png

Key Features
  • Interactive, real-time, n-body gravity simulator
  • Change any property of any object at any time
  • Real physics, real data, real units, real science
  • Compare the objects in any simulation with chart mode
  • Supports anaglyphic 3D glasses and 3D DLP televisions
  • Built in tutorials and step-by-step activities
  • Includes 70+ simulations both real and fantastical
  • Extensive editing and creation tools make it easy to build your own simulations

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS IF I REMEVRR RIGHT THE SIM LOOSES ACCIRACY AS TIME IS SPEESED UP

TOOK SOME OF THE FUN OUT OF IT GUOR ME

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron
probably would have been better placed in the science forum. I just got the alpha of the second one to play with and its already miles better than the first.
it would be neat if it made some sort of "campaign" mode, where it would task the user with creating certain types of systems, or work out solutions to celestial mechanics problems

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom