Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unofficial patches for Thief and other PC games

NikalausOne

Barely Literate
I've searched all over the internet, thanks a lot for a great patches <3

Astral Rag

Arcane
Currently playing Claw on my Windows 8 x64 laptop.

Only issue I have is that the game crashed when I tried to open the options menu but that's no big deal.

I mounted the .mdf with WinCDEmu
I used the Alternate Installer
Patched the game to the latest version
Downloaded dgVoodoo2 (dgVoodoo v2.52) and paste dgVoodooSetup.exe in the main Claw folder
Pasted the contents of the MS folder to the main Claw folder
Ran dgVoodooSetup.exe to disable the watermark and set scaling to "Stretched, Keep Aspect Ratio"

90C8EFD9222D884BE8B12267AF05C7B1DB53C37F

Last edited:

Astral Rag

Arcane
Yeah, I was planning on enhancing that post today..

Anyway here is a screenshot of the thing:

R35InEm.png

Haven't tried the other games yet but this person deserves a medal for their work on Dark Earth alone. That game didn't even want to run in high color mode on any of my virtual machines.

:salute:

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
TR1 was a DOS game with 3dfx support patched in later. It works with DosBox + nglide.
TR2-5 were Win9x, D3D accelerated games, hence the endless patching with newshit OSes.

spekkio

Arcane
BROS.

:obviously:

The OP has been updated with following shiat:
  • Sacred 2 Gold Patches - working link (MotherMachinae)
  • The Clue! / Der Clou! (gondor)
  • Jazz Jackrabbit 2 (gondor)
  • Gothic 2 (gondor)
  • Master of Magic (gondor)
  • NFS - Porsche (Astral Rag)
  • Jedi Knight 2 (Phantasmal)
  • a shitload of patches for Ultima series (gondor)
  • Wizardry 8 (Phantasmal)
  • Silent Storm (agris)
  • MechCommander Gold (agris)
  • Quake 3 (Astral Rag)
  • ToEE (gondor)
  • Tex Murphy - Overseer (Astral Rag)
  • WWP & WA (Astral Rag)
  • Trespasser (gondor)
  • Privateer (gondor)
  • Sim City 3000 (Astral Rag)
  • AoE (gondor)
  • GTA 2 (Astral Rag)
  • Civilization 2 (Unkillable Cat)
  • Derp Souls 1 (spekkio & agris)
  • Derp Souls 2 (spekkio)
  • SW - Galactic Battlegrounds (gondor)
  • Sacrifice (spekkio)
  • Get Medieval (Astral Rag)
  • Prince of Persia SoT / WW / TT (spekkio)
  • Mafia (Astral Rag)
  • Albion, Eye of the Beholder, Wiz7 (Siobhan)
  • Tron 2.0 (Icewater)
  • Desu Ex 2 (Morgoth)
  • Dead Space (spekkio)
  • Claw (Astral Rag)
  • Peixoto's patches (Astral Rag)
  • Tales of Symphonia (spekkio)
  • Resident Evil 0 (spekkio)
  • Rage of Mages (Fray)
  • Heretic 2 (Grim Monk)
  • Hexen 2 (spekkio)
  • Interstate '76 (spekkio)
  • Desperados (Darth Roxor)
  • C&C Tiberian Sun (spekkio)
  • Heavy Metal FAKK2 (sup, Drog?)
  • Atelier Sophie & Nights of Azure (flyingjohn)
  • NieR - Automata (spekkio)
  • Dark Forces (spekkio)
  • Daggerfall (spekkio)
  • HoMM 2 (Endemic)
Also, I wanted to post a fix for Shadow of Memories mentioned here, but couldn't find it. zwanzig_zwoelf

Anyway, I fucking hate each and every one of you who posted ITT. Took me almost 2 days to update this shit.

:rage:

Just kidding, keep 'em cumming.

:love:

spekkio

Arcane
But there's a problem - some of the shit that's linked, went AWOL due to various cases of internet AIDS. I've found and fixed some of these, but certainly not all. :(
If you find some broken links, etc., please lemme know.

If any of you has files mentioned below backed up, or has working links to them, please HALP!

Blood Omen - Legacy Of Kain

Unofficial Patch Site is down, linked to my backup (v 2.0).

Bink Support Site is down, if somebody has these patches, please re-up them! :(

Clive Barker's Undying

Running in Glide mode + Widescreen File upped by Zeus is down, backup is available. To be safe, I've linked to my backup (v 1.01).

C&C Red Alert

Extra files uploaded by Gragt are down. Re-up required. :( PROTIP: mediafire >>> dropbox

Hardwar

Unofficial Update Site is down, linked to my backup (v .06).

Homeworld & Cataclysm

Unofficial Patch
Running the games on new OSes / in non-default resolutions
Command line options #1

Both gearbox & relic forums seem to be down. Re-upped the patch from ma backup, but grabbing these forums posts from some internet archives would be nice. :(

Legacy Of Kain - Soul Reaver

Widescreen / Framerate Hack Site is down, linked to my backup (v 1.2+).

Mortal Kombat Trilogy

Unofficial Patch Site is down, halp needed. :(

Precursors

English Translation Fan Improvement Pack Site down. :(

Space Quest 4

Unofficial Patch File missing, halp? :(

Supreme Commander + Forged Alliance

Unofficial Patch Site down. :(

Unreal Tournament

Unofficial Patch Site down. :(

So far, that is all.

:obviously:

BTW, OP (main list) has 954 lines ATM, so if anybody is crazy brave enough to take this thread over and keep it updated (& complete, cuz I've skipped some shit), I'm more than willing.

:cry:

gondor ?

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I don't have BeamDong account so someeone else should help with it
8,4GB? Geezus that's more than a whole game! Russian voice pack take like 1,8GB at best?

Baron Dupek

Arcane

You do better job with getting russian voicepack and dropping Wesp5's patch on it. Should be enough.
Same deal with Xenus 2 - voices and patch
Heard there are some hideous technical problems with english voices, more than lack of the voices itself...

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm not a 100% reliable source on this, but one that's EAX compatible would probably be a good start.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Currently playing Claw on my Windows 8 x64 laptop.
Only issue I have is that the game crashed when I tried to open the options menu but that's no big deal.

I mounted the .mdf with WinCDEmu
I used the Alternate Installer
Patched the game to the latest version
Downloaded dgVoodoo2 (dgVoodoo v2.52) and paste dgVoodooSetup.exe in the main Claw folder
Pasted the contents of the MS folder to the main Claw folder
Ran dgVoodooSetup.exe to disable the watermark and set scaling to "Stretched, Keep Aspect Ratio"

It's me again.
I said in screenshot thread about my attempts to run it on virtualbox with WinXP and for some baffling reason game screen does not scroll. You character is not in the center, he walk to the edge and then - screen switch to the next one. It was WEIRD.

Then took your suggestion to run in on my Win764bit and it work! About that crash in options - you gotta run dgVoodoo2.exe and go to the third tab (DirectX) to check "Disable and [passthru to real DirectX". Now it not only not crash in options but also remove graphic glitches and artifacts. Now I can play in 1920x1080 with no problems.

Finally can beat that game (until Katherine/Gabriel).

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Mortal Kombat Trilogy

Unofficial Patch Site is down, halp needed. :(
Yo.

Could this be what you were looking for? What was the latest patch version?

http://www.patches-scrolls.com/mortal_kombat_trilogy.php

BTW, OP (main list) has 954 lines ATM, so if anybody is crazy brave enough to take this thread over and keep it updated (& complete, cuz I've skipped some shit), I'm more than willing.
I am not that guy, but if you ever decide to stop updating, throw us a link to your archive so that it does not catch Internet AIDS, ok?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Too bad the XL project turned into vapourware.
I guess BloodGDX will be the best will be the best way to play Blood when/if it gets finished?

Astral Rag

Arcane
It already is IMO, unless you care about:

-the occasional Hall of Mirrors
-missing voxels, objects such as graves and items are now sprites instead of voxels
-missing cutscenes
-multiplayer

Last edited:

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Have a question for any thief players about the Sneaky Patch for Deadly Shadows. I've only bothered to play through that game maybe two times total and both times I found it was a pretty mediocre experience that was downright frustrating at times, one of my biggest issues were the physics and how floaty, bugged and awful it made the experience overall, I noticed this in the post for the Sneaky upgrade that is linked in this thread:
More realistic physics, gravity multiplier
Can anyone who has played with that describe in better detail how that feels? Is it closer to Thief 1 & 2 on the Dark engine or just different/better than the usual garbage physics (the version of Unreal Engine that TDS and DXIW use is really quite the thing) in Deadly Shadows.

To be honest I think Deadly Shadows might have been one of my least favourite sequels of games that I liked, right up there with Fallout 3 and etc. until I played Thi4f. I think I even liked Invisible War more than Deadly Shadows at the time I played both of them. Thi4f spawned a newfound appreciation for Deadly Shadows as a concept out of literally nothing but the fact that it somehow wasn't as shit as it and I reckon it might be time to try it again to see if it can attain some sort of heightened value to me with some unofficial patching.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom