Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Upcoming and future role playing games

Luzur

Good Sir
Realms & Ruins: Abencor is a first-person, grid-based, open world, retro, pixel art dungeon crawler harkening back to the days of yore. Realms & Ruins takes inspiration from games like Wizardry and Might & Magic and other cRPG's of the 90's. Embark on an epic, open world adventure filled with combat, magic, exploration and puzzles!

Explore the hand-crafted world of Abencor. Dungeons, monsters, treasure and more in this 90's inspired open-world dungeon crawler!

Storyline
For centuries, the land has been ruled by three powerful leaders, ensuring peace and prosperity for their people. These rulers each hold an artifact of great power, which have been passed down through generations. These artifacts were used to lock away a great evil that once plagued the land.

All three rulers have suddenly died under mysterious circumstances, leaving the civilized lands in disarray and the threat of monsters seems to be growing.

Your quest will take you through treacherous mountains, mysterious forests, and ancient dungeons, it's up to you to stop the impending evil that may rise again!

Key Features
-First person, grid-based RPG
-Real-time combat - fight with fast/ light or slow/heavy weapons and explore in real time, no waiting turns.
-Open-world - a hand crafted world with dungeons and secrets to discover
-Fight monsters, level up and pick your stats to focus on strength, dexterity or magic
-Dozens of monsters and items to fight and discover using charming pixel art
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2467200/Realms_and_Ruins_Abencor/

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
This is a long way off but also looks pretty cool

https://redspark.itch.io/serpentime

1279AI.png
J0E0G6.png

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Taking a look at the previously suggested games that I did not add.

EMPYRE: Earls of the Deep Earth
RELEASED!
Turn-based, Tactical, Isometric, Party-based, Shovel Ware?

Dawnsbury Days
RELEASED!
Short Campaign, Turn-based, Party-based, PF2E, Class-based

Serpentime: The Torrent of Time
Release Date: TBA
Firs Person, Party-based, Turn-based, Pixel Graphics, Procedural Dungeon Generation

Queen of Tactics
Turn-based, Tactical, Party-based, Class-based, Procedural World Generation

Realms and Ruins: Abencor
First Person, Dungeon Crawler, Pixel Graphics, Single Character, Real-time Combat

YAYS - Your Adventure Your Story
Release date: TBA
Turn-based, Party-based, Multiple Endings, Class-based, low Production Values

Veil of Madness
Deck Builder, First Person, Lovecraftian Mythology, Pixel Graphics

Apocalypse Run!
Release Date: TBA (Available on Steam EA, Demo Available on Steam)
Post-Apocalyptic, Party Customization, Vehicles, Turn-based, Class-based

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Geneforge 2 - Infestation
RELEASED!
Turn-based, Party-based, Nonlinear, Multiple Endings, Remaster

I will fill in details on the below games at a later point.
Rift Wizard 2
ENDER MAGNOLIA: Bloom in the Mist
Terra Memoria

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom