Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Upcoming and future role playing games

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Have you got this one? I like phantasmagoric settings.
cErikJN.png

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Rebellion: A Rogue Souls Like
Release Date: TBA
Action, Third Person, Roguelike, Soulslike, Prison

Sir Whoopass - Action RPG
Swedish, Comedy, Open World, Third person, Action

Scarlet Republics
Release Date: 2022
Turn-based, Party-based, Choices Matter

Medievalien
Release Date: February 21 2021
Roguelite, Action, Procedural World Generation

KANNA
RELEASED!
Action, Third Person, Open World, Crafting

Pendragon
RELEASED!
Tactical, Dynamic Story, Turn-based, Hand Painted Graphics

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Empires Shall Fall
Release Date: 2021
Russian, Turn-based, Tactical, Squad-based

Shadows of Vemb
Dungeon Crawler, First Person, Turn-based, Deck Building, Roguelike

The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante
Narrative Driven, Visual Novel, Choose Your Own Adventure

Slaves of Magic
Turn-based, Tactical, Squad-based, Isometric

Dust to the End
Release Date: TBA (Available on Steam EA)
Post-Apocalyptic, Turn.-based, Party-based, Base Management

Demelia's Isle
Release Date: TBA (Avaiable on Steam EA)
Open World, Third Person, Day/Night Cycle, Low Poly Graphics

Dragon Lapis
RELEASED!
JRPG, Party-based, Turn-based, Pixel Graphics, Job System

Ikenfell
RELEASED!
Turn-based, Party-based, Pixel Graphics, Timed Actions, "JRPG"

9th Dawn III
RELEASED!
Hack n- Slash, Open World, Top Down Camera, Monster Recruiting, Equipment Customization

Death Tales
RELEASED!
Side Scrolling, Plotforming, Hand Painted Graphics

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Dragon Lapis
RELEASED!
JRPG, Party-based, Turn-based, Pixel Graphics, Job System

This one is decent as far as JRPG clones go.
It's mostly linear but with some side-quests (one per village so far except maybe for the first one), also found an early (2 hours in or so) alternative route but with monsters practically OS everyone.

There is some story, a classic one, it holds out but i could do with less cut-scenes (you can skip them so it's alright).

The combat system is decent, best thing about it is the auto-battle option coming with 4 strategies to set for each character.
It could have used a fine tuning tactical settings like in DAO, for example, if i want my thief to steal or use his non-combat skills, i have to start the combat manually instead of clicking auto from the start (he's the fastest so once again, it's alright).

The Dungeon design isn't very good but most of the "classics" JRPG have a terrible dungeon design (Phantasy Star III comes to mind).

The character development system is better than the basic "stats grows automatically on level-up" system with a selection of plates (like a warrior one, or berserker, mage or hero plate with a lot of variants for each "class") but when you get 13 pages worth of plates, finding the good ones becomes a hassle.

It works for the first 4 hours, then, the plate selecting thing gets old, i don't think it'd be too hard to fix this, except for that, only the dungeon design sucks.
Good but not great game, will potentially bore you to death in about 4 hours, or not...

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Space Crew
RELEASED!
Roguelite, Space Sim, Ship Combat, Crew Recruitment, Ship Customization

Biomass
RELEASED!
Action, Side-scrolling, Pixel Graphics

Partisans
RELEASED!
World War II, Real-time, Tactics, Stealth, Isometric

Vigil: The Longest Night
RELEASED!
Chinese, Side Scrolling, Lovecraftian, Taiwanese, Skill Tree, Soulslike

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Crown Trick
RELEASED!
Chinese, Random Level Generation, Roguelike, Turn-based, Pixel Graphics

Rapture
RELEASED!
Dungeon Crawler, Turn-based, Sci-Fi, Procedural Dungeon Generation, Party-based

Tears of Avia
RELEASED!
"JRPG", Tactical, Turn-based, Party-based

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Crusaders of the Tinfoil Hat

https://doomcult.itch.io/crusaders-of-the-tinfoil-hat

In this hard-scifi CRPG set in the 2010s, the UFO hunters were right - somewhat - and it's just your luck to get caught between their crusade and the blowback.

• Gameplay-focused small indie production with low-poly 3D graphics, iso view, no voiceovers, and no cutscenes.
  • Challenging turn-based combat with improvised weapons, police/military gear, and top-secret & alien tech. Brute force will only get you so far - then you'll need tactical savvy, recon, preparation, and savescumming when all else fails.
  • Equally challenging non-combat gameplay including B&E, espionage, impersonation, seduction, blackmail, hacking, and trolling.
  • Full-featured savegame system including 10-slot quicksave and mid-combat saves. Expect to need it.
  • Nonlinear fragmentary narrative. Real choices. Game-changing consequences.
  • Over 10 distinct endings with countless variations.
  • Up to 8 player characters including player-controlled NPC recruits.
  • 8 body archetypes with unique 3D models and innate strengths & weaknesses, modifiable with dozens of traits.
  • 6 core stats and 12 practical/social skills to level up as you progress.
Project's name has been changed.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Tactical Combat Department
Release Date: 2021 (Demo Available On Steam
Turn-based, Tactical, Squad-based, S.W.A.T.

Baldur's Gate III
Release Date: TBA Now Available On Steam EA
Turn-based, Party-Based, Isometric, Forgotten Realms, D&D 5E

Solasta: Crown of the Magister
Release Date: 2021 Now Available On Steam EA
Turn-based, Party-based, Custom Party, D&D SRD 5.1 Ruleset

Tenderfoot Tactics
RELEASED!
Turn-based, Party-based, Deterministic, Tactical, Open World

Suits: Absolute Power
RELEASED!
Turn-based, Black and White, Party-based

Endless Memories
RELEASED!
Pixel Graphics, Metroidvania, Loot, Puzzles, Handmade Levels

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Sink Again
Release Date: TBA (Available On Steam EA)
Russian, Pirates, Turn-based Combat, Squad-based, Open World

Birthright
Release Date: TBA (Available On Steam EA)
Sandbox Simulation, Roguelite, Open World, Third/First Person Combat

Wrath Of The Mad King
Release Date: 2021
Action, Top Down Camera, Aliens, Single Character

Tale of Ninja: Fall of the Miyoshi
Release date: TBA (Available On Steam EA)
Ninja, Stealth, Action, Third Person, Historical

The Skylia Prophecy
Release Date: November 20
Side Scrolling, Action, Pixel Graphics, Platforming

Jiguland
RELEASED!
Roguelike, Top Down Camera, Open World

Fantasy of Expedition
RELEASED!
Real-time Combat, Squad-based, Pixel Graphics, Roguelike, Random World Generation

烈山海一(BMS1) (Burning Mountain and sea)
RELEASED!
Chinese (No English Translation), Action, Top Down Camera, Hand Painted Graphics

Last edited:

kreight

Are you seriously using 'Russian' tag for games? You fucking racist much? Jesus. Need special tags 'American', 'German', 'French', 'Belgian', etc.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Are you seriously using 'Russian' tag for games? You fucking racist much? Jesus. Need special tags 'American', 'German', 'French', 'Belgian', etc.
It would help to avoid garbage. For instance, I can ignore everything tagged American.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://www.neutraworks.net/#secret-war
Every bigger world war 2 operation had its secret pre-operations. Taking prisoners and interrogations. Stealing secret materials and decoding them. Sabotaging enemy supply routes or ammunition warehouses. A number of secret pre-operations we have never heard of.

Secret war is a WW2 tactical turn-based strategy game inspired by Silent storm, Jagged Alliance or Xcom. Secret war lets you build and improve your base, recruit your team members and establish stable resistance groups against Nazi Germany and its allies all over the Europe.

No updates in about year, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
https://www.neutraworks.net/#secret-war
Every bigger world war 2 operation had its secret pre-operations. Taking prisoners and interrogations. Stealing secret materials and decoding them. Sabotaging enemy supply routes or ammunition warehouses. A number of secret pre-operations we have never heard of.

Secret war is a WW2 tactical turn-based strategy game inspired by Silent storm, Jagged Alliance or Xcom. Secret war lets you build and improve your base, recruit your team members and establish stable resistance groups against Nazi Germany and its allies all over the Europe.

No updates in about year, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I'll add it to potential vaporware section. That way, we at least have it recorded somewhere.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom