Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Upcoming and future role playing games

Darth Canoli

Arcane
What's the best CRPG post Pillars 1 for someone more into story and choices than gameplay mechanics?

The Pillars games had nice production value but ultimately felt souless to me.

Planescape Torment
Age of Decadence (it's hardcore but it's replayable with different paths and skill sets)
The Banner Saga, it's an interactive story but there is a good part of fighting.

What about Adventure/RPG hybrids ?
Quest for Glory series
Quest for Infamy

Butter

Arcane
Patron

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I just had to look at an older vid of this:

older version is on itchio if you want to try before buy.

So, I picked up the steam version on my shitty steam laptop. Its not too bad. I should have tried something other than easy. I killed a town dude right off the bat. I couldn't use his shit til lvl 5. I might kill of the others since they don't say shit thus far. Simple kill n loot n sell n buy. Nothing extra so far.

Last edited:

Luzur

Good Sir
Lawless Legends - Eagerly awaited Apple II RPG crawler will be released this summer

We've just been given some great news through Facebook, as the eagerly awaited Apple II game of ' Lawless Legends ' will be released this Summer! This is a game that has been in development for sometime and takes the medieval dungeon crawler and mashes it up with the wild wild west. For those of you want to try the game out, there's a 3 disk demo available which requires a real Apple II, IIc, IIe, or IIgs: MUST HAVE 128K

Traverse the map above and look for new locations, walk through places in a first person viewpoint just like the games of old, visit bars and get drunk with the locals, battle menacing beasts across a hot desert and involve yourself in a fantastic story in Lawless Legends! This is a game you'll not want to miss out on when it arrives this summer.

http://www.indieretronews.com/2021/02/lawless-legends-eagerly-waited-apple-ii.html

Luzur

Good Sir
Black Dawn Rebirth - Deluxe Edition and Rogue announcement for the Amiga

It felt like it was only just yesterday that we announced with much excitement, the release of the eagerly awaited Dungeon Crawler through Double Sided Games called 'Black Dawn Rebirth'; a high grade crawler as the 7th episode of the Black Dawn Dungeon Crawler/RPG series by Shaun Watters, Andy Campbell, Ten Shu and Mike Richmond. Well fast forward to today and do we have some great news to share, as not only has the Deluxe Edition been announced, but also a new expansion called Black Dawn Rogue.

http://www.indieretronews.com/2020/12/black-dawn-rebirth-deluxe-edition-and.html#more

Luzur

Good Sir
Meonlawel - A beautiful C64/128 RPG is in development

The C64 news just keeps on coming, as if you thought The C64 Xmas Bundle and the Mini Multiplayer announcement wasn't enough to whet your appetite, then you'll be pleased to learn that there's a high quality RPG in development for the C64 called Meonlawel; a game set in the land of Meonlawel, dominated by vampyres, both animal and human, with a story of revenge and the rumours of an antitode and a great silver sword.
http://www.indieretronews.com/2020/12/meonlawel-beautiful-c64128-rpg-is-in.html#more

Luzur

Good Sir
Mini Multiplayer RPG has been announced for the C64

Another C64 announcement of which RPG genre fans might enjoy reading about, is the fact that Darren Foulds has teased with a new screenshot and video, of his early in development game which he classes as a Mini Multiplayer RPG. Although the game doesn't have a name and development was on and off throughout 2019 and into 2020, Darren has said this MMMORPG is being written in 6510 Assembly for the Commodore 64 using Turbo Macro Pro (on the C64) for that real retro feeling.

http://www.indieretronews.com/2020/12/mini-multiplayer-rpg-has-been-announced.html#more

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Disciples: Liberation
Release Date: Q4 2021
Tactical, Turn-based, Party-based, Base Building

VED
Release Date: TBA
Turn-based Combat, Platforming, Hand Painted Graphics, Base Upgrading, Non-Linear Story

Meonlawel
Release Date: TBA
Turn-based, Non-Linear, Pixel Graphics, Single Character, Vampires

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix
Release Date: March 30 2021
JRPG, Disney, Action, Third Person, Cartoonish

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue

Kingdom Hearts III + Re Mind

Osteoblasts
RELEASED!
"JRPG" Pixel Graphics, Turn-based Combat, Single Character, Class-based

Black Dawn Rebirth
RELEASED!
Dungeon Crawler, First person, Single Character, Pixel Graphics, Sci-Fi

Wheel of Fate
RELEASED!
Turn-based, Artificial DM, Random Events, Random Dungeon Generation, Base Defense

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
Could have stopped there :lol:
I will top it off with this:

M.E.A.T. is a pixel-art RPG game [...]
This is from the main page on Steam. Also, the second video doesn't sound like it is narrated in English?

That said, the game looks interesting at a glance, but I'd like to watch some more gameplay footage to see how it plays out in detail.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I want more DUNJONQUEST-like and early plato art
Crpg addict

World of Plato

Look at the line art (Didn't look for that cyan lines)
agkrmcI.png

wiwFhZw.png

fdRcnHV.png

2Yu2kEW.jpg

a9z6Fqu.jpg

e8KGkn3.png

gpG5PYl.png

asUE8NB.png

GB3UiHw.jpg

Oh yeah! Maybe fix some of the gameplay and don't make it like Telengard. I was a tad annoyed with Telengard. I wouldn't say make it like gateway to apshai except that game was easier to move from room to room. Yeah.. tweak em a bit.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pixelstar Hero
RELEASED!
Turn-based, Roguelike, Pixel Graphics, Sci-Fi, Base Building

Might is Right
RELEASED!
Tactical, Turn-based Combat, Squad-based, Open World, Top Down Camera

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom