Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Upcoming and future role playing games

Falksi

Arcane
Through Rust We Are Returned
Release Date: May 14 2021
Turn-based Combat, Party-based, Robots, Tactical, Cyberpunk

Stormrite
Release Date: Q3 2022
Action, Third Person, Open World, Single Character

Siege Survival: Gloria Victis
Release Date: May 18 2021
Resource Management, Survival, Base Building, Stealth, Modding Support

Sea Wolf: Tactics
Release Date: August 2 2021
Turn-based, Tactical, party-based, Vikings, Norse Mythology

Rift Drifter
Release Date: TBA
Metroidvania, Pixel Graphics, Class-based, Handcrafted World, Online Co-op

UNIVERSE PRISON
RELEASED!
Japanese, Turn-based, Time Limit, Party-based, Procedural Generation

Really like the look of Stormrite & Rift Drifter. On those.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Drova - Forsaken Kin
Release Date: 2023
Action, Top Down Camera, Pixel Graphics, Handcrafted Open World

Jin Conception
RELEASED!
"JRPG", Turn-based, Pixel Graphics, Party-based, Social Deduction

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
LGBTQ+ tag on steam... (I didn't even know they added Q+ and i don't want to know what it means)
Oh well, since they sell H-games now, i guess it was only a matter of time.
The worst part is that this game HAS the potential to be great: There are multiple endings based on stuff you do during the entire game, some puzzles have alternate win conditions and/or are mutually exclusive, the game reacts to you doing dumb stuff for fun, etc. Sadly, the writing and voice acting ruin it: The voices are bad-to-horrible, your companion is supposed to be a robot behaving like a brat but he's too perfect at it, there's a whole page dedicated to choosing (or making) your favorite pronoun thing, some characters are obvious stand-ins for hideous RL abominations, etc.

Acrux

Arcane
Many of these probably aren't on GOG, since they seem to have an agenda against niche indie games.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Many of these probably aren't on GOG, since they seem to have an agenda against niche indie games.

To be fair, half the games listed here are irredeemable garbage.
There's a few interesting niche games but it's probably less than 10% of whatever was posted here, i wouldn't publish them either if i was in their shoes.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Now available on Early Access
Fabled Lands
Release Date: 2021 (Available on Steam EA)
Turn-based, Tactical, Open World, Iron Man Mode Option, Party-based

Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer's Legacy
Release Date: 2022 (Available on Epic EA)
Action, Roguelike, Procedural Dungeon Generation, Open World, Puzzles

Mind Scanners
RELEASED!
Time management, Pixel Graphics, CYOA, No Combat

Siege Survival: Gloria Victis
RELEASED!
Resource Management, Survival, Base Building, Stealth, Modding Support

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
This game was already in the abandoned section, but I feel like I can back up my decision to put it there further.

Boma Naraka Sura

No updates in ages, and now there is another game in the making.

I was close to backing it several years ago (Kickstarter), but opted not to. Truly dodged a bullet. Why update on this? I like to have something to go on, even if there has been media silence.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Mercenaries Blaze
Release Date: June 10 2021
Japanese, SRPG, Party-based, Turn-based, Tactical

Reverie Knights Tactics
Release Date: 2021
Cartoonish, SRPG, Tactical, Turn-based, Party-based

Aluna: Sentinel of the Shards
RELEASED!
Hack 'n Slash, Latin American Mythology, Single Character, Isometric

Tainted Grail: Conquest
RELEASED!
Open World, Turn-based Exploration/Combat, Deck Building, Dark Fantasy

Solasta: Crown of the Magister
RELEASED!
Turn-based, Party-based, Custom Party, D&D SRD 5.1 Ruleset

Pecaminosa - A Pixel Noir Game
RELEASED!
Noir, Detective, Action, Pixel Grahpics, Top Down Camera

Last edited:

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Other than Colony Ship and that one on the deteriorating space station which name escapes me at the moment, are there any sci-fi themed RPGs in development?
Ones that aren't post-apocalypse themed? (I haven't seen a single one that can beat FO1 and 2 for their world building)

Adenocaulon

Educated
A game based on a skyrim mod has been announced "The Forgotten City".

However I do not know if it is an actual rpg or an adventure game. Besides character creation, the developer states that you have narrative and dialogue choices, but this is also a feature of adventure games. It is stated that you can resolve problems in different ways (like immersive sim games i guess).

https://store.steampowered.com/app/874260/The_Forgotten_City/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom