Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Upcoming and future role playing games

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
SpellMaster: The Saga
RELEASED!
Third Person, Action, Manage Magic Academy, Hire Mages, Craft Magic Spells

Home Behind 2
RELEASED!
RtwP Combat, Side-view Battles, 2D Graphics, Build/Upgrade Camp, Job System

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Meifumado
Release Date: TBA
Side Scroller, Action, Interconnected World, Post-Apocalyptic Japan, Platforming

Islands of the Caliph
Release Date: February 1 2023
Firs Person, Grid-based Movement, Single Character, Dungeon Crawler, Middle Eastern Mythology

The Outer Radius
Release Date: TBA
Tactical, Turn-based, Party-based, Random World Generation, Caravan Management

Codex Year of the Donut
More steam junk you don't have on your list!

Nuke Land, presumably another Fallout clone
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1792850/Nuke_Land/

Save "Rusty" or take over the gang.
The choice here is obvious.

Legend of You, maybe cool?
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1644260/Legend_of_You/
Your story will be unique.
Will you serve at the king's desire; or murder him in plain sight? Follow each quest's prescribed path, or push the boundaries of what can be done and come up with a unique way to play the game?
You are free to kill, talk to, help, hinder, trade, serve, betray and starve anyone in the world. But be wary, your actions will have deep consequences on how each character will interact with you.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Valkyrie Elysium
Release Date: 2022
JRPG, Action, Part-based, Third Person

The DioField Chronicle
Release Date: 2022
JRPG, Tactical, Real-time, Squad-based

Potato Flowers in Full Bloom
RELEASED!
Dungeon Crawler, Party-based, First Person Exploration, Third Person Combat, Turn-based Combat

Young Souls
RELEASED!
Hand Drawn Graphics/Animation, Pixel Graphics, Co-op, Arcade Feel

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane

A nice little rogue-like, don't get fooled though, it's not early access but it's not a complete game just yet, you can read the short/medium term plans below to see what's coming.

Every monster has its own unique ability, be it a full party buff, a self buff, an enemy debuff, a whole enemy party debuf or a self + current enemy debuff...
For now, you only choose which 4 monsters are in your active party (others only get 25% xp but 50% heal) and they auto fight in the order you just set, one by one.
There can be only one!

You get three path to choose from with different monsters types to find and different rarities, you get to capture one of them after the fight or heal everyone by 35%.
You also get a passive 25% heal after each fight.

Every 5 fight, there is a boss fight with multiple enemies and you know their element 5 battles earlier to prepare and catch opposite elements if necessary.
When your party dies, it's over.

Fun enough so far and it's cheap, it'll probably be quite good once done.

So, there are updates on the way! There's a lot of room to improve, mechanics to explore and ideas from other games to make fun of!

Below is a rough list of things to expect in upcoming updates, next few months and maybe next few years. Make sure to also follow the Twitter page to see more specific teasers and spoilers.

"Yo I'm not reading all that!"
Short version: new update in a few weeks that adds ability upgrades, gym badges, more interesting implementation of Legendary Automons, balance and some minor quality of life changes. Afterwards, either items or non-combat areas will be the next big feature.

Ok, I am reading all of that

Short term plans/next update
The first big post-release update will be released in the next few weeks (hoping for April in the worst case scenario) and it will include the following:
  • 16:9 resolution with proper borderless full screen
  • Automon abilities will also upgrade when the Automon upgrades, up to 2 times. Usually the tier 3 ability will be twice as good (or half as bad) as tier 1, with tier 2 being the exact middle point between them. Stat boost from upgrades will be reduced to 5%. For Automons with abilities that can't be logically upgraded: Mobird will stay as it is for now, Goolect will get a new ability and Graciel will have custom upgrades that make sense for his base ability.
  • Rewards for beating bosses: it's been pointed out that boss battles feel unsatisfying as they offer no reward despite their increased difficulty compared to regular areas. Tentatively, the plan is to offer a choice of reward after each boss up until the Pretty Good Three: full heal, exp boost or a badge that matches the boss' type and counts as an Automon of that type in your party. To compensate for the new advantage given to the player, the bosses will hold badges themselves, giving them bigger party bonus
  • More interesting legendaries: so the legendary Automons are kind of eh at the moment, with all of their abilities translating to "does more damage". They're also not fun to find. They will be changed to have more interesting but double-edged abilities, and finding them will be more of a deliberate effort than a binary choice. I won't spoil all of it just yet
  • Balance changes: I have not analyzed the player stats yet, but any major outliers will be resolved (looking at you, Area 5 Fance)
  • The ability to dismiss the player-made Champion at the cost of resetting the winstreak (not that it's ever above 1)

Medium term plans/rest of the year

Here are some things I'd like to add to the game in the upcoming months, but are too big to add on a short notice, or not a high priority:
  • Items: held, consumable, eatable, you name it. I want to add an item system similar to that of another game series you might know. Got dozens of ideas already, so this will be fun
  • Non-combat areas: option to go to non-combat areas sometimes. This will include everything you can think of, like a place to heal, get exp, items, trade you Automon for another. If this dilutes the game too much, bosses will be more spread out to compensate
  • More meta progression: two things particularly: first, some way to unlock more starters. Perhaps by completing their Autodox tasks? Secondly, some story progress. It would be fun to unlock an alternate Champion or a special boss at Area 100
  • More challenge/easter egg seeds
  • Custom sprites for the first 2 upgrades for each Automon (not entirely "evolutions", Fironek won't turn into a wrestler, but he might be completely engulfed in flames!)

Long term plans
Long term plans are a bit harder to predict, because a lot of it depends on how well things go in the next few months. I can't see much left to add once the medium term features are all done. BUT! If there's a demand for it, I would like to make a new Automon game, perhaps build for PvP from the start? Or an entirely different game genre set in the Automon world? Maybe even with art that doesn't look like a kindergartner made it? Time will tell, but I would be very happy to have an opportunity to continue the series. If that's something you'd like to happen, make sure to spread the word about Automon and pester YouTubers about it (especially bald ones)

Looooooooong term plans (next decade)

Buy GameFreak, delete Pikachu

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom