Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Update 11 – The third release!

Discussion in 'The cRPG Player's Handbook' started by Infinitron, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    https://crpgbook.wordpress.com/2015/12/21/update-11-the-third-release/

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    There are some minor issues, missing credits and two not-100%-finished reviews, but I'm traveling today and wanna get this out there to see the what people think & get some feedback over the holidays. :)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Jedi Master Radek Arcane

Jedi Master Radek
    page 210 "and the market became"
    became what?

Really liked the opening paragraph on the page 6:)

Way of the Samurai 4 review has convinced me to try it :)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
    ^ Top  
  4. Crooked Bee (no longer) a wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    The entire 1985-1989 intro is a mess. It seems to be talking about the 2000s instead, and it has too many unfinished sentences. :P

1985.png

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    Yeah, that's what I meant in the "EDIT" of the original post... all these historical pages somehow are a mess... I'm trying to sort that out and find the finished texts

I blame my new laptop, the screen is too small, I couldn't read the text in the quick preview and just checked "yup, there's SOME text there" when doing the final pass. :oops:

^ Top  
  6. Crooked Bee (no longer) a wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Also you still haven't updated my Labyrinth of Touhou review to the latest version (see our PM conversation). It's still the original placeholder text.

:rpgcodex:

^ Top  
  7. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
  8. Crooked Bee (no longer) a wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    No matter, I'm gonna give all my reviews another editing pass anyway. (And write the two or three I still haven't. :P)

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    Thanks! And I'll try to hunt people to do more of the fan-translation reviews, so that I can add more pages to the section and fit your updated review. :)

^ Top  
  10. Crooked Bee (no longer) a wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    I know I (probably) told you this already, but imo a separate fan translation section doesn't make much sense anyway. Who cares whether the game is fan- or officially translated? As long as it's good enough and available in English, it merits at least a full one-page entry.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Dorateen Arcane

Dorateen
    Honored to be part of this worthy endeavor!

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    Honestly, it's more about page-count than anything else. Yes, I could dedicate one entire page to Labyrinth of Touhou 1 & 2 (and we will), but I wouldn't do that for all of them.

I.e., the RPG Maker section recommends 7 games in 2 pages AND tells a brief story of RPG Maker... I wouldn't recommend that many if I had to write & spend a page on each.

^ Top  
  13. Jedi Master Radek Arcane

Jedi Master Radek
    You should refresh your game reviews google sheet.

^ Top  
  14. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    Done - mostly.

It's a bit frustrating to mark games as "assigned"... more than half of the people who ask for a game never delivers, and that ends up stopping others from trying. I've kept those taken by trustworthy people as assigned, but I think I'll wait for some sign of progress to start tagging games as taken.

^ Top  
  15. Klarion Arcane

Klarion
    hey felipepepe, I really like your book, I think it's awesome, real RPG encyclopedia! I especially like the part called "Games we'll never get to play" but so far there are only 4 titles in there which isn't much...

Some time ago I made a thread called "Greatest RPG that never got released?"

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/greatest-rpg-that-never-got-released.101459/

...and there was some interesting stuff in there so you can check it and see if one of the RPGs in there can go into your book. Just a suggestion.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Hoaxmetal Arcane

Hoaxmetal
    You aren't melcar!

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. purpleblob Savant

purpleblob
    Thanks for the third release, Felipepepe and all the contributors. It's a great read! :)

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.