Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Urban Strife - turn-based zombie survival RPG

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
the UI looks so good

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
KO state is the news though. It needs a lot of tweaking of course but stamina is now critical in combat. Melee becomes more powerful with it, shock induced by pain too.
The "pro" side of the coin is that stamina is way easier to recover than health. You don't need a surgeon to get up on your feet, just a sip of water (or something stronger if you have it).

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
upload_2021-1-9_16-52-47.png

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer
I am afraid this is a post-apoc game, the old ice water sponge is the best you can get, no fancy sprays for you.

Ewallace

Barely Literate
Does time matter in Urban Strife? Do resources disappear from locations if you don't scavenge it first? Do potential allies disappear/die if you don't find them by a certain date?

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer
Yea, sadly Twitter optimizes the vids for phones, I think. What I've uploaded there should've been a HD video.
We might have to think about using gifs instead of short videos for Twitter, dunno. Anyway, here's an imgur version (not sure they're better either):

video

gif

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
USG_Mucifikatorul I hinted before but this time I'll just say it. Can't you upload these previews to Youtube also? The horrible Twitter video resolution makes these look like garbage. I can't even see what I'm supposed to be looking at. A blob moved near another blob and there was a hitting sound.

agris

Arcane
Patron
not to dogpile questions, but USG_Mucifikatorul can you say anything about support for 16:10 resolutions? Based on the screenshots above, it looks like the gameport can easily be extended vertically, as there's no 2D UI art spanning an entire vertical stripe of that viewport.

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer
USG_Mucifikatorul I hinted before but this time I'll just say it. Can't you upload these previews to Youtube also? The horrible Twitter video resolution makes these look like garbage. I can't even see what I'm supposed to be looking at. A blob moved near another blob and there was a hitting sound.

How is this then:

not to dogpile questions, but USG_Mucifikatorul can you say anything about support for 16:10 resolutions? Based on the screenshots above, it looks like the gameport can easily be extended vertically, as there's no 2D UI art spanning an entire vertical stripe of that viewport.
Can't be very specific atm but as I remember from the alpha test, we had the game run on all kind of resolutions and it scaled up after some tweaks quite ok (I mean on 4k and some weird TV resolutions). The UI is designed with scaling in mind so my guess (I have a 16:9 so I am not 100% sure) it is there will be no issues. And if there are, we'll tackle them.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The YT url eats up precious space on twitter (as opposed to an uploaded vid, that takes none). Also YT vids are (intentionally) displayed like crap on Twitter.
I'll try and do a backup on YT and drop the alternative link here as often as I can.
Personally, I'm happy to just check your Youtube account whenever there's a Twitter post. In fact I'm sure Abu Antar would be happy to do the legwork and post both links here. If you see to it that they exist :)

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer
Ok, here's today's post in full HD glory. RPG Codex exclusive and all (since on Twitter it's going to appear later today).

We are internally testing the new prologue missions (this is where all the new stuff came from) but the damage and AP costs aren't quite tuned yet so forgive the hardcore lethality. The next builds should be more refined in that aspect.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom