Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Urban Strife - turn-based zombie survival RPG

agris

Arcane
Patron
I have a .zip with the demo. If someone knows of a hosting service that I don't have to sign up for or jump through hoops that can take a ~5.5 GB file, point me to it and I'll set it to upload tonight.

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Trust me, I can source you the good stuff, from a trusted supplier, don't buy the bootleg Zs...
True, it takes a month or so until next shipment arrives, but it's worth it!

:kingcomrade:

PanteraNera

Arcane
I have a .zip with the demo. If someone knows of a hosting service that I don't have to sign up for or jump through hoops that can take a ~5.5 GB file, point me to it and I'll set it to upload tonight.
Well, I would use google drive, 15 GB free storage, comes with every Google account/email.

geno

Savant

This game went under my radar but I'm digging it besides some big no-noes like zombies or a crafting system. When is the next demo?

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer
We'll launch our demo on January 26th, (it's mandatory for the Spring NextFest press event) and that demo will stay online for most of February, well after NextFest itself is over, so everyone has a decent chance to play it. This time we'll be one of the featured games (by Valve) of the festival so we'll be hard to miss.

Funny how things one thinks are must-haves are no-noes for another, right? This is why we decided to support modding, so everyone can transform the game into what they want it to be. We knew we could never make everyone 100% happy.

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer
Wishlisting is definitely a huge boost in visibility but I think Valve looks at every component. As they explained to us in the QA sessions, they want products to sell - with people honestly interesting in buying them. That's what all boils to in the end, they are a marketplace and they want to see their clients interested in the products on display.

For us this NextFest is pretty much make-it-or-break-it because there will be no other major event between February and release. I think that says it all how important everything is. Hopefully half a decade of work come to a happy end soon.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
We'll launch our demo on January 26th, (it's mandatory for the Spring NextFest press event) and that demo will stay online for most of February, well after NextFest itself is over, so everyone has a decent chance to play it. This time we'll be one of the featured games (by Valve) of the festival so we'll be hard to miss.

Funny how things one thinks are must-haves are no-noes for another, right? This is why we decided to support modding, so everyone can transform the game into what they want it to be. We knew we could never make everyone 100% happy.
With support modding - I'm just curios will there be some kind of mapmaker 90s style?

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer
There level editor is way more advanced than the 90s ones. It's still a box where you drag assets into, arrange them and set their parameters, but it is a fair bit more stable than say JA2 map editor.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Wishlisting is definitely a huge boost in visibility but I think Valve looks at every component. As they explained to us in the QA sessions, they want products to sell - with people honestly interesting in buying them. That's what all boils to in the end, they are a marketplace and they want to see their clients interested in the products on display.

For us this NextFest is pretty much make-it-or-break-it because there will be no other major event between February and release. I think that says it all how important everything is. Hopefully half a decade of work come to a happy end soon.

Hey. Question based on the last demo.

Does building characters come down to those 6 attributes controlled via sliders? Are there skills? Are there feat/perks? Thanks.

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer
There are attributes and perks, too. We had a sketch perk system setup a while ago but it didn't feel right so we postponed it. Won't make it in this demo, since a bad setup could really mess things up. But there will be perks, related to a character's specialization most likely.

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer
https://steamcommunity.com/games/710230/announcements/detail/3655268823734059336

We've reactivated the demo on our store page. We call this a Press Demo since, beside promising a comeback in January of the build, we are also kind of required to have a demo, us being one of the selected games to be featured at Steam NextFest. We would look daft to have all the media attention and nothing for them to play.

But for those of you who expect new flavors, we're also announcing an updated and improved Prologue Demo, that will replace the present one, coming February 6th. The features listed in the news post linked above are those confirmed and undergoing internal testing atm (but more stuff might be added).

Enjoy.

Last edited:

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
USG_Mucifikatorul Can you help me with making my character in your indie based and redpilled RPG about brutal reality of surviving zombie apocalypse in America's Mad 2020s? I played Demo and reached Body Type A/ Body Type B selection. Can you explain to me which pluses and minuses come with each selection? Thankfull in advance! Also can we play as male/female zombie apocalypse survivor? I'm fine with only option being male who can opt into Body Type A OR Body Type B. Looks like specializations for classes in old Dungeons&Dragons. Very RPGy

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
reading reports from dexers that the writing is subpar
thoughts?
50%+ of enemies are housewives beating you to death with rolling pins in zombie post-apocalypse Mid-West suburbia. Not joking
You choose Body Type: Male or Female. So they wanted to suck WOKE cock, but with closed mouth. Just like Finland does with NATO
Your starting sidekicks are: DangerHair Terf Feminist, Fresh off the Boat Chinese woman with bR0kan EnGriSH大, Some Retard HillBilly and YOU: Finnish übermensch with Body Type: Male, GIGACHAD lookin high school gym teacher. One of the first characters you meet is leader of community of survivors who dresses and talks like Southern plantage owner

You know what? It doesn't sound that bad all :-D

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Can I play male character with Body Type: Female? Can I wear dress, wield black dragon dildo and stealth assassinate Trump supporters in your zombie apocalypse? Make it happen or I'm gonna alert Twitter Trannies from my Discord group and we gonna badmouth yo game! No, I don't plan on ever purchasing your game unless American government adds it to my monthly BigBlackSassyFemale reparation program. Aghhh...hey y'll! Where's left mouse cllick in dis game?!

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
The fact that standard for niche indie RPG Devs is to use Body Type/Third Gender: Space Wreck, Encased, Urban Strife etc, and all BIGGER&BIG CUCKS in industry are giving pronoun selection: Solasta, Baldur's Gate 3, Starfield is fucking insane. WHAT THE FUCK IS IN THE WATER?
Wow you really did earn both of those dumbfuck tags huh
*rolleyez* *55COVIDboosterslater* *takestrannycockoutofmouth* AGH! You guyz and your silly invisible culture wars! Can't you just be NORMAL person, and I'dunno, just consooom?!

Fargus

Arcane
reading reports from dexers that the writing is subpar
thoughts?
50%+ of enemies are housewives beating you to death with rolling pins in zombie post-apocalypse Mid-West suburbia. Not joking
You choose Body Type: Male or Female. So they wanted to suck WOKE cock, but with closed mouth. Just like Finland does with NATO
Your starting sidekicks are: DangerHair Terf Feminist, Fresh off the Boat Chinese woman with bR0kan EnGriSH大, Some Retard HillBilly and YOU: Finnish übermensch with Body Type: Male, GIGACHAD lookin high school gym teacher. One of the first characters you meet is leader of community of survivors who dresses and talks like Southern plantage owner

You know what? It doesn't sound that bad all :-D

White Pond Games was founded by Razvan Radu and Alex Trutescu, both ex-Ubisoft game devs
Case closed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom